YouTube Premium

Soldato
Closing the VPN loop was only a matter of time. It's an easy way to quickly boost revenue, just look at what happen to Netflix when they stopped password sharing...record profits. Yes, there will be people that will not pay for premium, there also be a lot people that will.

Caporegime
Why on earth won't they remove the damn YT Music, no one gives a damn about that garbage

I do. It works absolutely fine, and significantly cheaper than Spotify.

Are we still using Premium? All you need is Ublock Origin installed on your web browser.

iPhone users, search video lite on app store. Job done.

Doesn't work on my TV, and id still need a separate music subscription.

Last edited:
Soldato

Interesting in that article they close with:

So far, we have not yet come across reports of people who have moved countries being caught in this clampdown on VPNs. But there is a possibility that even they could be affected.
We’ve reached out to Google for a statement and will update this article if and when we hear back.

That reads as though they are saying that they if you bought it in country X then used in country Y without using a vpn during sign up, you won't have got caught.
This could mean that google are simply filtering on VPN exit nodes which they deem to be "a VPN exit node IP" on their lists.
One may be able to work around this by utilizing more private VPNs, company VPNs, less well known ones perhaps?
For example, you can bet that they have all of the commonly used VPNs listed like Nord, PIA etc.
Could one not VPN to country X then remote on to a virtual server hosted in said country to sign up?

Soldato
I do legally have a house address in India.. do you need to be signed into the VPN to use it regularly?
Also can you use rupees via revolut to sign up?

No VPN needed to use any of these online streaming services generally. It's more about initial sign up taking place in a different country (virtually via VPN) to bag the cheaper price. But that sign up IP address/location gets stamped against your account on google databases. They then can run automated processes to compare your "normal" usage IPs against your original sign up ones. If you meet the criteria for deletion then you get cancelled. I don't know this is how the process works, but it's going to be something along those lines. It's all about the sign up IP. If you can make that IP look like it came from a domestic location from an ISP in India for example, that is going to have more of a chance to survive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom