YouTube Premium

Is there a way to get Ublock Origin stat to show how many video adverts it's blocked on youtube?

Nope sadly, but mines just about to pass 2.75 MILLION adverts/domains etc blocked since I installed it, which is 10% of the total traffic (OcUK is whitelisted) which I find absolutely amazing that a whole 10% of my entire internet traffic is adverts!

N18f6MW.png

14% on mine and before someone says it, no I don't visit adult websites.

8voJn2e.png

I just checked my local papers website and it blocked 33% of it
Blocked on this page 35 (33%)
Domains connected 10 out of 29

Last edited:
I would too, but £13 is hilariously overpriced. They should add some kind of basic tier that just removes ads, I don't care for YouTube Music and the 'Premium' 1080p quality is no different to regular 1080p.
That's more than Netflix and apple TV....

Sorry I ain't paying 13 quid to watch a bunch of youtubers using iPhone and mirrorless camera on a tripod reviewing a graphics card or moaning about how spurs have not won a trophy etc etc vs paying to watch two seasons of foundations made by 100 of people with cinematic cameras, gorgeous special effects A star actors...

just tried using vpn to purchase Premium but didn't seem to work..

Maybe because i still have that trial offer of 2months free before paying, so will have to try again when it's time for renewal.

Trying with Argentina, YT says it can't find the country i'm in/not available, whilst when trying Poland, it asks for bank details and address, even though i have a payment method already set up on my account. The address also refers to a polish address, so entering anything other shows as not found.. sigh

just tried using vpn to purchase Premium but didn't seem to work..

Maybe because i still have that trial offer of 2months free before paying, so will have to try again when it's time for renewal.

Trying with Argentina, YT says it can't find the country i'm in/not available, whilst when trying Poland, it asks for bank details and address, even though i have a payment method already set up on my account. The address also refers to a polish address, so entering anything other shows as not found.. sigh

If it asks for an address, I put in the embassy before, it seems to work.

Last edited:
That is the only address i've ever used....You can use the local McDonald's if you want as well.
i'll give that a go.. just concerned i would get fraud department calling up saying they cancelled my card due to dodgy activity, and will be declined again

Last edited:
I already have a YT Music premium subscription but I'm looking at changing to a general YT premium family plan to include my kids etc, but £20 is ridiculous. I can get video only versions of Prime, Netflix and Disney+ for that much and I know which I'd prefer!

If I already have an account, is there any way I can use a VPN to upgrade to a family plan or do I need to cancel, wait a period of time and then start again?
But when you break it down, is £5 a week to get no ads on YT plus a full blown music service (with upload ability) really that ridiculous? I mean if either use of said services was minimal then perhaps but for me if I had to pay that I’d still consider it good value.

I am using Monzo but the same trick worked for my BIL's HSBC card...or Santander. I forgot which one, I know it 100% wasn't Monzo or Revolut.
saw this:

Guess i'll test this out tonight after work to see which one works.. obviously the lower the price the better.. but seems Argentina is out the question.. again wouldn't let me proceed and kept saying Premium wasn't available for that country

saw this:

Guess i'll test this out tonight after work to see which one works.. obviously the lower the price the better.. but seems Argentina is out the question.. again wouldn't let me proceed and kept saying Premium wasn't available for that country

I am currently using Ukraine at just under £2.

You just simply have to try lots of countries, with an exchange calculator app open and do some checks.

But when you break it down, is £5 a week to get no ads on YT plus a full blown music service (with upload ability) really that ridiculous? I mean if either use of said services was minimal then perhaps but for me if I had to pay that I’d still consider it good value.
It is when other people get it far far cheaper also many people don't use the music side of things, I see you Mr youtube!!

That's exactly how looked at it. After cancelling Spotify and switching you YouTube music.... Feels pretty good value to me.

It is when other people get it far far cheaper also many people don't use the music side of things, I see you Mr youtube!!
People are only getting it cheaper due to VPN though. If the loopholes were to close, I and the fam enjoy YouTube and get more than our use out of it each month so if I was to lose my cheap access I’d have no problems paying full price if I had to.

Music is just a nice perk alongside it.

Signed,
Mr. YouTube. ;)

Back
Top Bottom