YouTube Premium

saw this:

Guess i'll test this out tonight after work to see which one works.. obviously the lower the price the better.. but seems Argentina is out the question.. again wouldn't let me proceed and kept saying Premium wasn't available for that country
That list showing prices is infuriating. I can (somewhat) understand higher prices for western nations vs the likes of Argentina etc, but looking at this:

Our wages are comparable to New Zealand yet it costs 50% more here than it does for them?

If they clock onto my polish sub I am done with it, they are out of their mind with those prices.

Lol while you are all bickering.. Consider uBlock origin on desktop. Video lite on your iPhone. That’s all you need.

Last edited:
Our wages are comparable to New Zealand yet it costs 50% more here than it does for them?

To be fair the NZ price for YT premium feels about right to me, though I'm resistant to paying for it due to the tactics YT employs to try and frustrate people into paying. The UK price just doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
basically tried the top 10 countries of that list.. all asked for address of region and wouldn't accept payment.. Only Poland worked for me.. good enough than sucky UK prices

Last edited:
Those price differences are so huge, i always thought it would be a $ here or there. Uk second most expensive country.
Glad my sub in India went through yesterday, hopefully here to stay.

But when you break it down, is £5 a week to get no ads on YT plus a full blown music service (with upload ability) really that ridiculous? I mean if either use of said services was minimal then perhaps but for me if I had to pay that I’d still consider it good value.

Perhaps not if you make any use of the music features, I don't.

As I posted previously, the UK charge is second highest in the world after Switzerland!

I managed to sign up via Vietnam about 8 months ago but recently got an email stating they think I’m not in the country I said I am and I have until some date in August to verify it before being kicked off premium

As others have mentioned I don’t feel the UK price is worth it to me but also don’t fancy going back to watching ads

Would using your phone with an adblocker connected to the TV via a Chromecast be an option here?

I rarely watch YouTube on the telly so it's never really been an issue for me.

I am in the same boat, I watch most of it on TV. In the evening at home I 99% would watch it on the TV.

I could Chromecast it but I would need to buy a Chromecast (cost money). I already have an Amazon Fire Stick/Xbox/PS which have YouTube app built in. Also, it's a more TV experience when I can simply navigate with the remote, flip between all the app I use inside the Fire Stick. The experience of watching is IMO, nicer than using a Chromecast.

I am in the same boat, I watch most of it on TV. In the evening at home I 99% would watch it on the TV.

I could Chromecast it but I would need to buy a Chromecast (cost money). I already have an Amazon Fire Stick/Xbox/PS which have YouTube app built in. Also, it's a more TV experience when I can simply navigate with the remote, flip between all the app I use inside the Fire Stick. The experience of watching is IMO, nicer than using a Chromecast.
Just sideload SmartTube on your Firestick, no ads and sponsor block.

Just sideload SmartTube on your Firestick, no ads and sponsor block.

That's a solution for now. My issue is that you are constantly chasing....or running away from YT's anti-ad block measures. Then there are a lot of other things I need to do, in the end it's all about "hassle vs a few quid".

I get no ads on every device I use straight away.
I get Music.
I get to listen to a video as I walk to and from work.
I get to download videos when I get on a flight.
I like the YouTube app interface too, I am used to it, not sure what Smart Tube looks like.

Initially I did it to get rid of the ads, but slowly, the little quality of life improvement adds up.

That's a solution for now. My issue is that you are constantly chasing....or running away from YT's anti-ad block measures. Then there are a lot of other things I need to do, in the end it's all about "hassle vs a few quid".

I get no ads on every device I use straight away.
I get Music.
I get to listen to a video as I walk to and from work.
I get to download videos when I get on a flight.
I like the YouTube app interface too, I am used to it, not sure what Smart Tube looks like.

Initially I did it to get rid of the ads, but slowly, the little quality of life improvement adds up.
I also have premium but have had SmartTube installed on my TV's for quite a few years. It always works perfectly, looks exactly like YouTube and is it worth it just for the skipping when a youTuber goes rambling on with sponsorship etc.
But yeah I'm the same as you, bought premium to get rid of the ads but there's also lots of other useful features. I'll always get premium one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom