US: Z Nation

Man of Honour
Just watched the fu-bar episode - I assume its on purpose but almost every sound effect in the episode is from a video game (the starcraft ones being the most noticeable) and atleast half the music is heavily themed on classic game music i.e. outlaws - probably all but only identified some.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
It is a bit rubbishy but I do give the series respect they killed off the main and central character within several episodes.

The cure guy become so insane and cool gave it an interesting twist, think we can agree its not tdw exactly but its got fun at least look forward to premier :)

Soldato
Just finished this on Netflix, I started watching and thought "terrible acting, terrible script, terribly funny" and by the end the arching story line I was really enjoying and I thought the actors really started to own their roles.

Also I like how they are not afraid to kill off major characters and that they are not all nicey nicey.

Soldato
One of the first eps. not sure which one... They had a baby which turned & then the next thing that happened I was like, so long to the show, it always seemed a bit after school special really...

Man of Honour
^^ Its definitely not one to take too seriously - sometimes its skating close to what I will tolerate but so far has always pulled away from going too stupid while playing fast and loose with the genre in a usually interesting way.

The concept of a bunch of stray bullets randomly ricocheting around starting off zombie clusters inside an area locked down by a group of survivors was kind of cool.

Soldato
OP
One of the first eps. not sure which one... They had a baby which turned & then the next thing that happened I was like, so long to the show, it always seemed a bit after school special really...

As far as I am aware the Zombie Baby was pretty much meant to get that reaction. The whole show is tongue in cheek and often takes a shot at TWD. In "almost" every zombie show there had not been any mention of what happens to babies? Well now you know, its not a nice thing to think about but they put it in your face.

I enjoy the show. Its silly, its not serious and its fun to watch. Unlike TWD.

Soldato
As far as I am aware the Zombie Baby was pretty much meant to get that reaction. The whole show is tongue in cheek and often takes a shot at TWD. In "almost" every zombie show there had not been any mention of what happens to babies? Well now you know, its not a nice thing to think about but they put it in your face.

I enjoy the show. Its silly, its not serious and its fun to watch. Unlike TWD.

It just was to idiotic, the baby seemed to get superpowers... Plus, the Walking Dead has a few cute women, which gives me more reasons to watch...Maggie is my fave...

Man of Honour
That baby is ****** up though... I'm not usually the jumpy type but the other day I had the next episode of z nation queued up to play... dark room... my mind was on something else I was working on and then remember I was going to watch *something* and absent mindedly pressed play with my attention on the other screen... it kicks straight into the intro/recap bit which has that baby - not expecting it I jumped a ******* mile...

Soldato
OP
I am getting a little annoyed with citizen z. He is a resourceful intelligent soldier in an army base with weapons and plenty of resources. So why hasn't he made a load of traps to kill the zombies?

Man of Honour
I am getting a little annoyed with citizen z. He is a resourceful intelligent soldier in an army base with weapons and plenty of resources. So why hasn't he made a load of traps to kill the zombies?

Yeah that is getting to me a bit - sure he is out the middle of nowhere but he has plenty of resources to dig in - I suspect whoever is doing the writing for it though just doesn't have that military mindset which completely kills those bits for me as its not believable how people would react in those situations (granted its not like the show goes for believable but there are limits).

Man of Honour
heh yeah - you could fast forward through it and be forgiven for thinking you'd accidentally gone backwards instead. Horrible horrible episode.

Back
Top Bottom