Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Soldato
Currently on F8. Having trouble applying an overclock though, no matter what I change it won't take the multiplier value and I'm getting stock clocks. The only way to change this is to increase the Intel Turbo Boost clock and then it takes notice and ramps up frequency. I'm fine with that ATM as I'm running 4.8Ghz however would prefer to do this "properly" and not have to have turbo boost enabled.

Is it worth upgrading to F10, would that fix the multiplier problem but I do notice F10 closes a security flaw which will potentially take performance away.

Will be going for 5Ghz long term (or a 9900KS).

I would watch these two videos and see if they solve your problems

Man of Honour
Currently on F8. Having trouble applying an overclock though, no matter what I change it won't take the multiplier value and I'm getting stock clocks. The only way to change this is to increase the Intel Turbo Boost clock and then it takes notice and ramps up frequency. I'm fine with that ATM as I'm running 4.8Ghz however would prefer to do this "properly" and not have to have turbo boost enabled.

Is it worth upgrading to F10, would that fix the multiplier problem but I do notice F10 closes a security flaw which will potentially take performance away.

Will be going for 5Ghz long term (or a 9900KS).

Flash to F9 as it gave us quite a lot of stability improvements. It was also the first bios that my 3866mhz memory would run at it's proper speed.

Soldato
So today i thought i would try to use the D-RGB port output on my Z390 Auros Pro with my phanteks evolv x so i could get the RGB in sync. so plugged the D-RGB cable in from my case then ran the fusion software and all was well so i thought:rolleyes: so i go to shut down the pc but notice the fans where still running but at a very very low speed and then all of a sudden the pc decided to start up on its own accord and jump straight into the bios screen without me even pressing any buttons. try a restart but nope straight back into bios screen again with no sign of windows i was like wth is going on, so decided to unplug the D-RGB cable and then try a restart and hey presto pc restarted into windows just fine and booted up.

Anyway after searching around i found few post's from people with the same issue same board and pc case as me and they mentioned that there is an option in the bios called ERP and turning this on should fix it so i turn it on reboot and then shutdown and hey presto the pc will now shutdown correctly and all is well.

Funny how something so simple as plugging a cable can cause so much hassle and head scratching lol.

Soldato
..Surprised they haven't posted a new BIOS for download, I assume one is coming shortly, to allow for 9900KS support to be added. I'm currently running the F8 BIOS which it came with when i bought it in July and was going to update but got burned when the @BIOS utility software did a bad flash and the situation was only rescued because the board has a dual BIOS.

...Not a good look, Gigabyte, when your software does its best to brick your customers motherboard.:mad:

As you can imagine I've been somewhat reticent to update the BIOS since. I now have a USB drive with the F10 BIOS on it ready for update, using Q-flash but holding off until F11 with 9900KS support, I really don't want to go through the ordeal of a BIOS update more than I have to. Or i may just chicken out and not bother at all :p

Soldato
got burned when the BIOS utility software did a bad flash and the situation was only rescued because the board has a dual BIOS.

Utility as in an app in Windows? Would only ever upgrade through BIOs itself in general. I'm in a similar position but recommendations earlier are to move to F9. I'm waiting for pricing on the 9900KS, if it's relatively reasonable then I'll upgrade.

Soldato
Surprised they haven't posted a new BIOS for download, I assume one is coming shortly, to allow for 9900KS support to be added.

I doubt there is a need for a BIOS update for the 9900ks as its just a specially binned 9900k that can hit 5ghz on all cores nope ? I always update with a usb stick from within the bios and i am running F10 without issue.

Man of Honour
..Surprised they haven't posted a new BIOS for download, I assume one is coming shortly, to allow for 9900KS support to be added. I'm currently running the F8 BIOS which it came with when i bought it in July and was going to update but got burned when the @BIOS utility software did a bad flash and the situation was only rescued because the board has a dual BIOS.

...Not a good look, Gigabyte, when your software does its best to brick your customers motherboard.:mad:

As you can imagine I've been somewhat reticent to update the BIOS since. I now have a USB drive with the F10 BIOS on it ready for update, using Q-flash but holding off until F11 with 9900KS support, I really don't want to go through the ordeal of a BIOS update more than I have to. Or i may just chicken out and not bother at all :p

It could be included in the F9 bios as amongst other things it states "Support of future 9th Generation Intel® Core™ processors".

Never flash the bios in windows. Instead go into the bios and use Q-Flash. I have never had a bios flash go wrong when using the tool in the bios. F9 gave my Aorus Pro a lot of stability and let me run my memory at it's rated speed for the first time. F10 is the latest but it could hurt performance as it has a "fix" for yet another Intel vulnerability.

Associate
I'll chase up the BIOS stuff but cant give you an answer on if an when currently. Will keep trying for you though.

Were you able to get feedback on this? Trying to tune anything on this board is very frustrating as it has a mind of it's own when it flops over to 1 bios vs another if it fails to train or has a hard crash.

Even a cmos reset doesn't mean you'll end up in the same bios.

If you're going to do dual bios in the future without a switch, please provide a bios option to force a flip. *NO ONE* will complain.

Soldato
Never flash the bios in windows.

The only reason I did it was because I came off 5yrs of using the the Asus windows BIOS flash utility for my Z97 Asus Hero VII & my old 4690K and never had the slightest problem with numerous updates over the years from the desktop.

..still, lesson learned, Gigabyte's desktop BIOS flash is obvioulsy garbage compared to the Asus one.

Associate
Hello guys, fellow owner of the Z390 Aorus Master (came with f7 bios out of the box)

Came across a rather weird bug in the f7 bios and i would love if someone could confirm that it actually is a bug in that bios version and not some sort of bios corruption on my side.

Under peripherals, there is this Ethernet Connection drop down menu : https://imgur.com/a/cjVeWET

In the drop down menu, there is an option "blink leds" that has a description of : "Identify the physical network port by blinking the associated LED." https://imgur.com/a/9XZmf4f

When i press enter on the "blink leds" option, the bios freezes(both keyboard and mouse become unresponsive), cpu fans ramp up and im forced to shut the machine down via the power button. I have tried to reproduce this with optimized defaults - happens every single time.

Other than that the bios works like a charm and i havent encountered any issues. I dont really need to have this option working either, this was more of a find out of curiosity.
Is this a case of "if it aint broke, dont fix it"? (would consider updating bios depending on opinions of people here) but i would prefer not to.

Fellow users of the f7 bios, would you please be so kind and check what i described here on your end? i'd be very grateful.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll chase up the BIOS stuff but cant give you an answer on if an when currently. Will keep trying for you though.

Were you able to get feedback on this? Trying to tune anything on this board is very frustrating as it has a mind of it's own when it flops over to 1 bios vs another if it fails to train or has a hard crash.

Even a cmos reset doesn't mean you'll end up in the same bios.

If you're going to do dual bios in the future without a switch, please provide a bios option to force a flip. *NO ONE* will complain.

@GIGA-Man were you able to get feedback on this?

Associate
Hi guys, I got the z390 I aorus wifi pro mini ITX ( https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...1151-ddr4-mini-itx-motherboard-mb-57f-gi.html ) and while for the most part the board has been great I cant for the life of me figure out how to connect my RGB waterblocks to it in order to control them via RGB fusion.

I have both GPU and CPU waterblocks connected to RGB splitter and then that connected to motherboards RGB header but all im getting is static green colour on both blocks. RGB fusion doesn't even see them. What am I doing wrong?

Its been doing my head in for a few days now and cant seem to figure it out. Any help?

Thanks

Soldato
F11 BIOS released for Aorus Pro & Pro Wi-Fi.

Release notes..'BIOS structure refresh'

Thanks Gigabyte! Very helpful :rolleyes:

I assume 9900KS support has been added, on the same day Intel officially announced it as being available on the 30th.

I'm currently on F9...think I'll let others here Beta test it for me before installing :p

Man of Honour
Who is going to be the guinea pig then? Not me this time. I am still on F9 and running the cpu with MCE on so it boosts all cores to 4.6Ghz and the memory at it's stock speed and timings because I just can't face up to fighting the awful bios layout to overclock and tighten the timings up again. Bios structure refresh would seem to be that they have redone the bios so it's a better layout. If that is the case please tell me they have copied Asus bios layout!!

Associate
Who is going to be the guinea pig then? Not me this time. I am still on F9 and running the cpu with MCE on so it boosts all cores to 4.6Ghz and the memory at it's stock speed and timings because I just can't face up to fighting the awful bios layout to overclock and tighten the timings up again. Bios structure refresh would seem to be that they have redone the bios so it's a better layout. If that is the case please tell me they have copied Asus bios layout!!

If you got bdie i can give you my mem settings. They've worked on 3 other Pro owners.

I'm on F9 and staying there.

Back
Top Bottom