*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Associate
They must have made this stuff already but decided to keep it back until later

How could you know that?

I'm betting there will be more to the hard mode than just taking more damage etc. It's very unlikely that new story content is complete although it has probably been worked on to some degree.

This game already seems massive in content, never understood why people complain about getting more (optional) content for good games, especially while the base game is good value already. Is it because people want to sell their games after finishing them and this disrupts that?

If you feel the day 1 bonuses are naff then you are under no obligation to buy into the pass early - I'm not going to. That "Nintendo Switch" Shirt for Link is going to ruin the immersion abit anyway :p

Associate
As I'm getting sod all for pre-ordering from Amazon I'll check the Switch store on day 1 and if Zelda is £50 I might as well buy direct and return to Amazon.

Only £2 saving with Amazon and I'd have digital so one less cart to carry around.

That being said I want to see what Nintendo are doing with regards to tying games to your account finally, is why I haven't bought hardly any for Wii U or 3DS, don't want the hassle of trying to have them authorise moving to another system if one breaks.

Would you mind explain ? I have a Wii U with digital content. if this system dies, have I lost my digital media (out of warranty, so I won't be sending to Nintendo).

I was always wary of Nintendo methods in this regard.

Soldato
OP
Would you mind explain ? I have a Wii U with digital content. if this system dies, have I lost my digital media (out of warranty, so I won't be sending to Nintendo).

I was always wary of Nintendo methods in this regard.

Digital games are tied to the console not your account, so you can't just download them again like you can on Android, iOS, PS4, Xbox etc. which is incredibly stupid.

If your console dies you have to call up Nintendo to try and shift the software or if you have both working then you can go through some awkward transferring process which wipes it from the original.

Associate
Digital games are tied to the console not your account, so you can't just download them again like you can on Android, iOS, PS4, Xbox etc. which is incredibly stupid.

If your console dies you have to call up Nintendo to try and shift the software or if you have both working then you can go through some awkward transferring process which wipes it from the original.

Thank you for the reply.

Do you have any idea how this works with knew systems? I know Nintendo are way behind the times here, but say I buy a future console and Nintendo offer backwards compatibilty (practically 0%) or and upgrade program silimar to Wii vc 》 Wii U system

Will my system still need to be functional ? or can they do it via account?

Sorry if I made that more difficult to understand than it needed to be.

Soldato
OP
Thank you for the reply.

Do you have any idea how this works with knew systems? I know Nintendo are way behind the times here, but say I buy a future console and Nintendo offer backwards compatibilty (practically 0%) or and upgrade program silimar to Wii vc 》 Wii U system

Will my system still need to be functional ? or can they do it via account?

Sorry if I made that more difficult to understand than it needed to be.

No one knows yet, with everyone having a mynintendo account I'm hopeful everything will be tied to your account and accessible on any Switch by logging in.

Many folks are getting sick of rebuying again and again but people need to vote with their wallets and stop buying and then they'll have to reevaluate.

Associate
No one knows yet, with everyone having a mynintendo account I'm hopeful everything will be tied to your account and accessible on any Switch by logging in.

Many folks are getting sick of rebuying again and again but people need to vote with their wallets and stop buying and then they'll have to reevaluate.

Thank you once again. I hope this is the case. I've owned just about every system Nintendo have made. It would be better us consumers if we could continue buying their hardware without being penalised. (probably the wrong word for it)

Soldato
OP
How could you know that?

I'm betting there will be more to the hard mode than just taking more damage etc. It's very unlikely that new story content is complete although it has probably been worked on to some degree.

This game already seems massive in content, never understood why people complain about getting more (optional) content for good games, especially while the base game is good value already. Is it because people want to sell their games after finishing them and this disrupts that?

If you feel the day 1 bonuses are naff then you are under no obligation to buy into the pass early - I'm not going to. That "Nintendo Switch" Shirt for Link is going to ruin the immersion abit anyway :p

The point is I'm spending 50 quid on a game and it's not the whole thing. I want the full Zelda experience so that means another 20 quid, obviously it's optional but if there is story content as slated then it seems unfair to put that behind a pay wall.

Maybe it's better to wait for a GOTY version but personally I don't want to hold out until Xmas for that so may end up buying it but will definitely wait for the reviews of the first pack.

Associate
(...) if there is story content as slated then it seems unfair to put that behind a pay wall.

This is a 'new original story' separate from the main storyline though. They are adding additional standalone story content, it's not filler for the main story.

Was Ocarina of Time an incomplete Zelda experience because it didn't contain Master Quest?

Games are getting more expensive to develop, especially games like this that have massive development teams; so there comes a point where the budget doesn't allow development to continue. There's only so much developers can offer for our ~£50 while still making a good return. If DLC / expansions didn't exist, we'd simply be getting less content to play overall.

I remember when I first finished Ocarina of Time, and that I was a little sad it was over. I would have happily payed for additional DLC then too if it was possible at the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Associate
Link your NNID to your My Nintendo account.

Purchase history has been tied to your NNID account since the dawn of the Wii U, but your NNID (or 'device account') was tied to one console.

If your NNID is linked to your My Nintendo account then your purchase history from WiiU/3DS is effectively tied to your Switch. Whether that means we'll be able to download previously purchased VC games without charge is another question however.

Back
Top Bottom