Zoltan

Suspended
:( RIP Zoltan,

And may i just say to Zoltans Dad (and mum) and Siobhan

you your self are legends imo, to have the courage and strength to come on these forums so much to talk to us.

you are a very strong family, and its very touching to see you have his signature picture :) , i hope you stick around on these forums

RIP Zoltan, we will never forget you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by KingOfIronFist

One night I had a dream.....
I dreamt I was on a beach with the lord and, in the sky, I
could see scenes of my life! For each scene that was shown, I
noticed that two pairs of footprints were made in the sand.

When the last scene was shown before us, I looked back
at the footprints in the sand and I noticed that, many times,
in my life's path, there was only one pair of footprints in the
sand.

I noticed, too that had happened in the most difficult and depressing moments of my life.

That bothered me a lot. Therefore I asked the Lord:
Lord, you told me that once I decided to follow you,
you would always walk with me, all the way, but I
noticed that during the biggest tribulations I went
through, there was only one pair of footprints on the
sand of the way of my life. I can't understand why, when
I needed you the most you left me.

The lord answered me: My precious son: I love you and I
would never leave you in your hours of probation and
suffering.

When you only saw a couple of footprints in the sand, that was the moment I carried you in my arms.

thats simple outstanding

Man of Honour
I was honoured to meet Zoltan's dad, brother, sister and girlfriend. I was sat next to Gilly near the end of the pub lunch (as I am now aware I did not introduce myself to you). My thoughts are now even more pronounced - I will be thinking of you all on Thursday and I doubt i will ever forget these events or your family. Once again I offer you my deepest and sincerest thoughts and wishes.

Associate
I have only just signed up to these forums, but have been reading them for about a year.
But i have followed Zoltans thread about his cancer and i was deeply touched - as many are on here. When i opened this thread i knew what was coming, and it upset me so much. Darren seemed like such a strong character, and it was such a shock to hear this news.
My thoughs are with his family and friends
RIP darren.
:(

Soldato
I've been a bit lax at keeping up with some of the threads lately but it occured to me I should see how Zoltan was doing. One quick search lead to a metaphorical punch in the stomach.
I'm deeply sorry to hear that Derren passed away but gladdened to hear it was peaceful. It also seems typical in my (admittedly limited) experience of the man that truly he was that he wanted to money from his collection to go to help others.
It's humbling to have witnessed such courage both from Zoltan and from his family.
I will be in Harlow on Thursday and although it's unlikely I can make it to the crem I shall be thinking of him at 2.00pm.

RIP Derren. Glad to have been able to experience your spirit.

C.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by checjb
I've been a bit lax at keeping up with some of the threads lately but it occured to me I should see how Zoltan was doing. One quick search lead to a metaphorical punch in the stomach.
I'm deeply sorry to hear that Derren passed away but gladdened to hear it was peaceful. It also seems typical in my (admittedly limited) experience of the man that truly he was that he wanted to money from his collection to go to help others.
It's humbling to have witnessed such courage both from Zoltan and from his family.
I will be in Harlow on Thursday and although it's unlikely I can make it to the crem I shall be thinking of him at 2.00pm.

RIP Derren. Glad to have been able to experience your spirit.

C.
wake is at the link club

Associate
i remember how i felt when my dad told me had cancer - really made me realise how much he meant to me and how much of a strong character he was! he is still yet to be phased by the fact, think i took it a lot harder than he did! i dont know much about the subject or how serious prostrate cancer is!

i didnt know Zoltan but would like to pay my deepest respects! And all my best wishes to his family, stay strong!

Permabanned
Didn't see the thread when I was browsing through, but I'd just like to add my condolences to the family,

Even though you don't physically know people on the forums, we are friends in way, and he will be missed.

David

Soldato
Originally posted by Echo_Nick
I thought it was a prayer or something from the bible?

As McDaniel said Outstanding :)

Nope.. not in the bible. Interestingly I've rather quickly found that they did formally aknowledge an author in 1997, one Mary Stevenson (**é Zangare.) All copies of "Footprints" I've ever seen have got "Author Anonymous" on the bottom of them, which is a shame as she really deserves credit for what is a fantastic piece of poetry.

http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/

Permabanned
My Apologies

I would like to apologise in the memory of Zoltan for my mistimed post the other day which has now been removed, i had not been aware of recent events, i had only occasionally spoken to Zoltan but am saddened by what has happened, i felt i should pay my respects.

Now you rest your weary head,
Tho eyes are closed, no glimmer dead,
For in your peaceful rest you sleep
Our many hearts for you do weep

I forums you've been but name and face
But with honour, bravery and exquisite grace
I did not know you, this is true,
Or of what you did go through.

Though i cannot pay true respect
Or sum up the tears that have been wept
These words are in memory of you Zoltan,
In life a boy, in death a man.

For Zoltan RIP

Associate
i have to admit i havent kept up with Zoltan's threads but i couldnt believe what i just read. it really puts everything else into perspective and how trivial our everyday problems are.

its incredible how the forum has pulled together.

i honestly cant stop thinking about it and i didnt even know him!

R.I.P Zoltan

James

Back
Top Bottom