2022 QD-OLED thread

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Love my Sony 65A95K TV the colours & Picture on it are so much brighter and looks much better then on my older sony 65AF9 OLED which i still have.
Was really torn between this and the C2 77” Oled. Ended up going with the C2 simply for the bigger screen. The Sony looks stunning.

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Ordered the Samsung S95B 65" at £1,399 couldn't justify extra for the Sony.
I wouldn’t say that the Sony QD Oled is worth the extra £. Just make sure your panel isn’t bent at all. Both great from what I’ve seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Typical can't find the longer bolts for my wall mount.
Sent the wife to Screwfix for some M8x30 bolts.

Its beyond nerve wracking getting the thing out of the box.
Not looking forward to moving it into the living room once it's decorated.
Ordered a Vogel 3350 for it downstairs, only got a cheap one on the bedroom is strong enough but a bit awkward.

Last edited:

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Typical can't find the longer bolts for my wall mount.
Sent the wife to Screwfix for some M8x30 bolts.

Its beyond nerve wracking getting the thing out of the box.
Not looking forward to moving it into the living room once it's decorated.
Ordered a Vogel 3350 for it downstairs, only got a cheap one on the bedroom is strong enough but a bit awkward.
We are decorating at the moment. I’ve got my 77” C2 boxed in the spare room. Thing is I’m waiting on a new tv unit to fit the tv on and it’s looking like the new year before it’s built because my wife decided to add a new dining table to the order which is pushing it back. My concern is that if I open it and find a fault, will it be covered under the normal 30 day return period with it being Christmas?

Associate
We are decorating at the moment. I’ve got my 77” C2 boxed in the spare room. Thing is I’m waiting on a new tv unit to fit the tv on and it’s looking like the new year before it’s built because my wife decided to add a new dining table to the order which is pushing it back. My concern is that if I open it and find a fault, will it be covered under the normal 30 day return period with it being Christmas?
Ask the retailer you bought it from..some extend return period for xmas time, but dependent on store

Associate
Love my Sony 65A95K TV the colours & Picture on it are so much brighter and looks much better then on my older sony 65AF9 OLED which i still have.
All up now...have it with the stand in front of the tv as it still upright rather than slight lean with the stand behind. On a ikea kallax unit so think too high for the tilt back. Apartment I'm in this year has floor to ceiling glass windows so lots of light streaming in, but no problem for qd-oled, so glad I plumbed for it rather than w-oled..older c9 struggled in bright room on sunny day...fantastic otherwise..think the c2 has evo screen so s/b brighter than my old c9, butr still, qd oled meant to be brighter still
I always put Gravity on when Sandra Bullock drifting away in space to see how well the tv copes...when she rotates and the spacesuit helmet comes into view all lit up, my q9fn full array used to dim the starfield where you could barely see it. the C9 in a dark room lit the starfield no matter what with individual pixel control, but pretty sure the sony on another level. Will have to wait till go home home for xmas to see it again, but seems the stars on the sony really are bright, and twinkle nicely.
Remote is a nice touch too, being backlit, and you can ask the tv to make it ring if you looose it under a cushion etc....haven't tried the camera but abilitly to call home nice touch..use my laptop for zoom but need to give it a try..
Anyway, price difference (think it was £500 more than the sammy) melting away in background now I'm watching it.
Still can't quite believe how bright it goes too...shove the screen on vivid setting and it sears the eyeballs. I'm basically just watching on normal mode at present.....gaming on xbox good too..screen switches over to game mode without me having to do anything. nothing fancy like the sammy with the hud displaying fps etc, but good enough for me.
Apart from the extra cost and missing 2 x 2.1hdmi, can't really fault it. Picture truly is stunning. Sound is good enough where not really worried about getting a soundbar..though would need a different unit for it to sit on if needed that, what with the stand design..
anyway, anyone concerned about brightness in a bright room...don't worry about it

Soldato
Why does the damn TV constantly turn the PS5 on, just because I have it selected as the source doesn't mean I want to switch it on.

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

All up now...have it with the stand in front of the tv as it still upright rather than slight lean with the stand behind. On a ikea kallax unit so think too high for the tilt back. Apartment I'm in this year has floor to ceiling glass windows so lots of light streaming in, but no problem for qd-oled, so glad I plumbed for it rather than w-oled..older c9 struggled in bright room on sunny day...fantastic otherwise..think the c2 has evo screen so s/b brighter than my old c9, butr still, qd oled meant to be brighter still
I always put Gravity on when Sandra Bullock drifting away in space to see how well the tv copes...when she rotates and the spacesuit helmet comes into view all lit up, my q9fn full array used to dim the starfield where you could barely see it. the C9 in a dark room lit the starfield no matter what with individual pixel control, but pretty sure the sony on another level. Will have to wait till go home home for xmas to see it again, but seems the stars on the sony really are bright, and twinkle nicely.
Remote is a nice touch too, being backlit, and you can ask the tv to make it ring if you looose it under a cushion etc....haven't tried the camera but abilitly to call home nice touch..use my laptop for zoom but need to give it a try..
Anyway, price difference (think it was £500 more than the sammy) melting away in background now I'm watching it.
Still can't quite believe how bright it goes too...shove the screen on vivid setting and it sears the eyeballs. I'm basically just watching on normal mode at present.....gaming on xbox good too..screen switches over to game mode without me having to do anything. nothing fancy like the sammy with the hud displaying fps etc, but good enough for me.
Apart from the extra cost and missing 2 x 2.1hdmi, can't really fault it. Picture truly is stunning. Sound is good enough where not really worried about getting a soundbar..though would need a different unit for it to sit on if needed that, what with the stand design..
anyway, anyone concerned about brightness in a bright room...don't worry about it
Did your Q9FN have noticeable dirty screen effect? I went through two before settling with what was better but still annoying at times. I love the remote it’s a very premium feel.

Associate
Did your Q9FN have noticeable dirty screen effect? I went through two before settling with what was better but still annoying at times. I love the remote it’s a very premium feel.
Slight..tried q7fn 1st..edge lit was horrible where you could see the led's down side with bad light bleed...
1st q9fn arrived and half screen does black and white with no colour...2nd one i kept...dirty screen noticeable a tad watching footy orcwhere large patches similarcolour, not so bad standard stuff...when we got the c9, the q9fn went in family room so kids used more than us...agree q9fn remote premium.. much nicer than the s95b which feels plastic and no weight...

Last edited:

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Slight..tried q7fn 1st..edge lit was horrible where you could see the led's down side with bad light bleed...
1st q9fn arrived and half screen does black and white with no colour...2nd one i kept...dirty screen noticeable a tad watching footy orcwhere large patches similarcolour, not so bad standard stuff...when we got the c9, the q9fn went in family room so kids used more than us...agree q9fn remote premium.. much nicer than the s95b which feels plastic and no weight...
Sounds identical to mine. Football is very noticeable. It’s A good tv and was the best for gaming until the newer LG OLED came out. Ours will still get used somewhere I’m sure. I’ll be keeping my eye out for a Sony QD OLED in 77” in the near future. I love the look of them especially with the stand at the back. Brilliant for movies.

Soldato
Why does the damn TV constantly turn the PS5 on, just because I have it selected as the source doesn't mean I want to switch it on.

Because in the PS5 settings you've set it so the TV can turn it on.
Go into the PS5 settings and change the option, I had to do that too because it was getting annoying
I can't remember the exact name of the setting, but it's obvious when you see it

Soldato
Because in the PS5 settings you've set it so the TV can turn it on.
Go into the PS5 settings and change the option, I had to do that too because it was getting annoying
I can't remember the exact name of the setting, but it's obvious when you see it
All sorted now.

Need to find a way to stop the TV trying to connect to the most recent source all the time now.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom