Apple vs Samsung, court orders Samsung to show Apple 5 new phones

Man of Honour
Why bother to even reply then? You've RTMd which was the correct thing but then you decided to take the matter into your own hands.. It doesn't make any sense at all..

The problem is that it becomes much harder for us to remove troll posts when everyone else starts posting follow up comments and/or even quoting.

I didn't insult anyone this time though :p :(

Just delete my post(s) as well, I don't mind.

Soldato
I didn't insult anyone this time though :p :(

Just delete my post(s) as well, I don't mind.

Yes. Because calling someone an "irritating troll" is not an insult at all right?

You seem to belive you speak for everyone all things 'apple'

The iPhone is a fasion item now with apps. It's a Label, the same way people buy high priced fasion items (They buy the name)

As for your comment saying "lol two contrys what are we going to do"

What are "we" going to do? You work for apple?

And if apple have done what samsung say, then atleast it is better than "lulz your phone looks like ours, we sue you"

Man of Honour
I disagree with you and I can see already that you're going to ignore any points that I make.

Let's leave it at that, I'm getting pretty sick of educating clueless people on a daily basis in order to stop this forum becoming a circle-jerk fest.

Soldato
I disagree with you and I can see already that you're going to ignore any points that I make.

Let's leave it at that, I'm getting pretty sick of educating clueless people on a daily basis in order to stop this forum becoming a circle-jerk fest.

From every post i have seen from you, in here + in the apple section it seems to be you who has your opinion and that is that, you dont care/listen to anyone else, and you think they should think it too.

But im not a *****. So im more than happy to talk about it. My opinion on the whole apple vs android thing.

Apple:

Well built/Nice to look at phone.
Keep specs lower than they could so they can release things like the 4S.
Overprice there phones so they have that "must have" feel.
A limited app store (Altho of high quality)
A "dumbed" down OS to keep things simple, easy and harder for people to mess up.
"Force" you to upgrade if you want added OS stuff, and even apps.

Android:

Well built/Nice to look at, even the low cost phones look decent.
High specs even if not needed (How many people buy computer parts that they will hardly _if ever_ use to there full capacity) but with android you wont HAVE to upgrade for a long time if you dont want to.
Well priced, and even cheaper models that still work just as good as iPhones.
A 'messy' app store. Great apps just like the iPhone but you need to rummage around to get rid of the **** stuff.
An open and limitless OS where you can make your phone stand out, rarther than iOS's menu screen.

Now if you want to talk about each point then im more than happy to have a convo about it. But please no "Whatever apple is better at that, and the specs are good enough" Yes the specs are good enough NOW, but what about next year?

E.G i still have the 1st gen ipod touch (lulz) works great for me as i mainly use it as an MP3 player. Try to install APPS? NOPE need 4.0 for that (Well for anything half decent anyway)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
From every post i have seen from you, in here + in the apple section it seems to be you who has your opinion and that is that, you dont care/listen to anyone else, and you think they should think it too.

But im not a *****. So im more than happy to talk about it. My opinion on the whole apple vs android thing.

Finally, you've written something fairly well constructed! I will dignify you with a response.

Apple:

Well built/Nice to look at phone.
Keep specs lower than they could so they can release things like the 4S.
Overprice there phones so they have that "must have" feel.
A limited app store (Altho of high quality)
A "dumbed" down OS to keep things simple, easy and harder for people to mess up.
"Force" you to upgrade if you want added OS stuff, and even apps.

Fair points. I wouldn't really call the app store limited. It doesn't provide apps like custom launchers, but that all ties in with the 'dumbed down' approach. To keep things simple, fast and efficient.

They aren't really overpriced either, they are on a contract, but SIM-free they are not.

Android:

Well built/Nice to look at, even the low cost phones look decent.
High specs even if not needed (How many people buy computer parts that they will hardly _if ever_ use to there full capacity) but with android you wont HAVE to upgrade for a long time if you dont want to.
Well priced, and even cheaper models that still work just as good as iPhones.
A 'messy' app store. Great apps just like the iPhone but you need to rummage around to get rid of the **** stuff.
An open and limitless OS where you can make your phone stand out, rarther than iOS's menu screen.

Well built and nice to look at is totally dependant on the phone, some are, some aren't, and even then, it's subjective.

Cheaper models that work just as well as iPhones? Well, that depends how you define 'just as well', and would be a fairly pointless and very long discussion.

While there are good apps, on the whole they are very much inferior to iOS apps. You can argue about it all you want but there is a big, big difference in app quality/availability.

Home screens and widgets are great, but many people don't care about them, nor are they that brilliant in my experience.

Now if you want to talk about each point then im more than happy to have a convo about it. But please no "Whatever apple is better at that, and the specs are good enough" Yes the specs are good enough NOW, but what about next year?

I think mobile phone hardware is starting to hit a bottle-neck now. The software is playing catch up. Quad-core next year? Quad-core, really? Excellent for e-peen, but I bet the real benefits are pretty limited.

The iPhone hardware is designed to work well for a reasonable amount of time (approx. 2-3 years), which it does. Apple are not a company that will use industry leading technology if they don't need to. It's pointless and a waste of money and time implementing it.

The iPhone 4S in this case, has more than enough power for nearly everything and I can't see it suddenly becoming slow for a long time, same with the Galaxy S II.

E.G i still have the 1st gen ipod touch (lulz) works great for me as i mainly use it as an MP3 player. Try to install APPS? NOPE need 4.0 for that (Well for anything half decent anyway)

Apple do plenty of silly things, nobody is going to debate that. Some of their marketing is cringe-worthy as well, but it works, so why change it.

Man of Honour
OP
Either way this is all interesting stuff. I assume Apple won't release an iPhone 5 now until next year and by that time the 4S will be at least 2 generations behind hardware wise compared to any other smartphone outfit.

On another blog someone made comment that the whole reason Apple were suing Samsung (as an example) is likely because Apple were no longer setting the bar in this market like they once were, the competition is fierce regardless of how many phones are actually being sold. The fact that debate online is blowing up between either side is evidence enough to how important the next few months are going to be.

Apple sue Samsung and file to ban their devices from being sold while Samsung counter with the same motion - It just seems like they (both sides) think having the competition banned is the only way their own devices can shine, like as if they don't believe that their devices are unique enough to co-exist and stand out for themselves.

I have had a massive pack of marshmallows so excuse the rambling :p

Soldato
Finally, you've written something fairly well constructed! I will dignify you with a response.

Fair points. I wouldn't really call the app store limited. It doesn't provide apps like custom launchers, but that all ties in with the 'dumbed down' approach. To keep things simple, fast and efficient.

They aren't really overpriced either, they are on a contract, but SIM-free they are not.

Well built and nice to look at is totally dependant on the phone, some are, some aren't, and even then, it's subjective.

Cheaper models that work just as well as iPhones? Well, that depends how you define 'just as well', and would be a fairly pointless and very long discussion.

While there are good apps, on the whole they are very much inferior to iOS apps. You can argue about it all you want but there is a big, big difference in app quality/availability.

Home screens and widgets are great, but many people don't care about them, nor are they that brilliant in my experience.

I think mobile phone hardware is starting to hit a bottle-neck now. The software is playing catch up. Quad-core next year? Quad-core, really? Excellent for e-peen, but I bet the real benefits are pretty limited.

The iPhone hardware is designed to work well for a reasonable amount of time (approx. 2-3 years), which it does. Apple are not a company that will use industry leading technology if they don't need to. It's pointless and a waste of money and time implementing it.

The iPhone 4S in this case, has more than enough power for nearly everything and I can't see it suddenly becoming slow for a long time, same with the Galaxy S II.

Apple do plenty of silly things, nobody is going to debate that. Some of their marketing is cringe-worthy as well, but it works, so why change it.

FU that was a reasonable response, im not having it!

MY DAD IS BIGGER THAN YOUR DAD!!!!

Man of Honour
Either way this is all interesting stuff. I assume Apple won't release an iPhone 5 now until next year and by that time the 4S will be at least 2 generations behind hardware wise compared to any other smartphone outfit.

On another blog someone made comment that the whole reason Apple were suing Samsung (as an example) is likely because Apple were no longer setting the bar in this market like they once were, the competition is fierce regardless of how many phones are actually being sold. The fact that debate online is blowing up between either side is evidence enough to how important the next few months are going to be.

Apple sue Samsung and file to ban their devices from being sold while Samsung counter with the same motion - It just seems like they (both sides) think having the competition banned is the only way their own devices can shine, like as if they don't believe that their devices are unique enough to co-exist and stand out for themselves.

I have had a massive pack of marshmallows so excuse the rambling :p

I'd actually like it if Google dropped Android entirely, and came up with a new OS that exclusively worked on top end phones such as the Nexus Prime and Galaxy S II. That way they could get really high quality apps/games and so forth that are designed to work on only the very best devices. They could just use Android like Nokia use Symbian (or should have done), something for cheaper phones.

Google and devs having to support extremely slow and underpowered phones is causing problems with apps and other things. At least Apple are able to totally stop things like the original iPhone being able to see new and top end apps, you can circumvent that easily on Android, or it doesn't actually work in the first place. Just think, the vast majority of Market reviews read something along the lines of - "OMG it isn't work on mine motorola... it sux omg"

Other than that it should be like Android, but with more polish and finally an iTunes-esque service. That would be a step in the right direction, fairly small software changes and piling more and more powerful hardware into phones is not the way to go about things, Google.

FU that was a reasonable response, im not having it!

MY DAD IS BIGGER THAN YOUR DAD!!!!

Now I'm just not having that, picture of said dad is required for comparison purposes! :mad: :p

Man of Honour
OP
Well ICS does pave the way for that, a standardised Android version that works on all Android devices be they tablets or phones or phonelets!

The Market is improving every other month with new awesome games, new apps and each time they look better and more pro as better devs join the force.

Soldato
I'd actually like it if Google dropped Android entirely, and came up with a new OS that exclusively worked on top end phones such as the Nexus Prime and Galaxy S II. That way they could get really high quality apps/games and so forth that are designed to work on only the very best devices. They could just use Android like Nokia use Symbian (or should have done), something for cheaper phones.

Google and devs having to support extremely slow and underpowered phones is causing problems with apps and other things. At least Apple are able to totally stop things like the original iPhone being able to see new and top end apps, you can circumvent that easily on Android, or it doesn't actually work in the first place. Just think, the vast majority of Market reviews read something along the lines of - "OMG it isn't work on mine motorola... it sux omg"

Other than that it should be like Android, but with more polish and finally an iTunes-esque service. That would be a step in the right direction, fairly small software changes and piling more and more powerful hardware into phones is not the way to go about things, Google.

Would be nice. I think they should keep Android as a "lower price range" OS and keep is as it is now, nice and open for people to mess with.

Then have a second OS for the top of the range stuff. And you have apple that are strict on there app store which a lot of people do not like. But google messed up and left theres pretty much "We dont care what it is, it's on the market"

To me that is something that needs to be addressed and a seperate OS would help that i think (Rarther than trying to change android to much now, and have people get mad face with large changes)

Now I'm just not having that, picture of said dad is required for comparison purposes! :mad: :p

No, my dad is small really :(

Back
Top Bottom