Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Associate
Can't get logged into call of duty multiplayer. it keeps saying logging into online service. Tried resetting router but still getting this message. Tested xbox connection and it says it fine.

it was fine last night, just this morning

Last edited:
Soldato
What's up with the spawns? Ultra aggressive, kill or be killed and spawn behind your enemy for round two, rinse and repeat.

Broken

Seems that something changed in the last update. Lots of people complaining on Reddit and XclusiveAce did a video recently and he says that something has definitely changed.

Man of Honour
I think the spawn logic went from.

Is there an enemy within 10 meters?

To

Can I spawn you directly in the middle of lane with the enemy already aiming at me.

Or

Can I spawn you directly in front of an enemy that just repawned less than 100ms after me.

Caporegime
Does anyone else feel like SBMM just doesn’t work for them?

I’ve being doing the interstellar grind and my god it’s been rage inducing on some of the challenges, my KD has cratered and I’ve gone on 10+ game streaks of heavily negative KD (I’m talking 0.5 and below) and yet my lobbies, get harder! With players going in even more! I thought there was supposed to be a swing if you’re getting smashed. These French/Dutch/Spanish players do not mess about.

I’m on PS5 with cross play off so I’ve no idea if that’s messing things up

Last edited:
Associate

I’ve being doing the interstellar grind and my god it’s been rage inducing on some of the challenges, my KD has cratered and I’ve gone on 10+ game streaks of heavily negative KD (I’m talking 0.5 and below) and yet my lobbies, get harder! With players going in even more! I thought there was supposed to be a swing if you’re getting smashed. These French/Dutch/Spanish players do not mess about.

SBMM doesn't work as effectively when you disable crossplay because there's a much smaller pool of players to match you with. Also the type of player to disable crossplay is likely to be above average.

Associate

I'm on Xbox but SBMM just does not like me, sick of getting smashed. Haven't been on for weeks due to it, it's just not enjoyable.

Soldato
I can only play the smaller maps (Shipment, Meat, Rust), anything else is almost unplayable for me. I prefer more run and gun and playing on the larger maps I'm bait. The difficulty is very high, sometimes just trying to stay alive for a few seconds is a challenge... you get shot from everywhere and anywhere. When I do come against someone, there is almost a 99% chance I will die.

Man of Honour
I can only play the smaller maps (Shipment, Meat, Rust), anything else is almost unplayable for me. I prefer more run and gun and playing on the larger maps I'm bait. The difficulty is very high, sometimes just trying to stay alive for a few seconds is a challenge... you get shot from everywhere and anywhere. When I do come against someone, there is almost a 99% chance I will die.
I'm the same, but the spawn logic in those maps are just plain broken. Especially if the EOMM kicks in if you have a decent start. You then get spawned mid lane directly in front of an enemy already aiming at you five times in a row.

Associate
Bought this on release day for Xbox series x and just bought it for my ps5 to try out with crossplay off . I was expecting SBMM with crossplay off to be a little bit more forgiving how wrong was I just as bad!!! I'm a average player 1.70s k/d and play the objective but its just as sweaty with crossplay on

Man of Honour
Bought this on release day for Xbox series x and just bought it for my ps5 to try out with crossplay off . I was expecting SBMM with crossplay off to be a little bit more forgiving how wrong was I just as bad!!! I'm a average player 1.70s k/d and play the objective but its just as sweaty with crossplay on
I think every game I play is a sweat fest. Part of it is the EOMM or SBMM but the other is the armoury unlock system leans heavily on wins.

Soldato
I’ve said since the start that the spawns are a train crash on this game and my view is that this is intentional because the devs want to force run and gun, which is great if that is your bag. But if it isn’t, it just tedious. Having no counter for covert sneakers is another example.

I haven’t played in a few weeks now but when I was playing regularly I was doing OK on PS5 with crossplay off, usually middle of the pack with a KD from just negative to 2+, depending on the map and how serious I was feeling. Some maps I’d come top or 2nd. That’s good for me! :p

I guess I’ve been lucky with lobbies as I’ve not had too many where I’m getting repeatedly wrecked.

Back
Top Bottom