Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Associate
I seemed to fair better with crossplay on. Turned it off to hopefully see more success and I took an absolute pasting in almost every game. Flicked crossplay back on and went back to being above average on the leaderboards, even with the PC/KBM players with me on PS5.

Not been on it for about a month as the spawns were really starting to get on my goat - got fed up of dying within 5 seconds of spawning because someone else dropped back in behind me...

Caporegime
Bought this on release day for Xbox series x and just bought it for my ps5 to try out with crossplay off . I was expecting SBMM with crossplay off to be a little bit more forgiving how wrong was I just as bad!!! I'm a average player 1.70s k/d and play the objective but its just as sweaty with crossplay on

Your problem is thinking you’re an average player with a kd of 1.7, that’s above average by quite a margin

Associate
Every game falls into the super-sweaty category now. It’s a very unfair game people jumping around, killing you with one shot or people blast you with a more powerful gun.

I usually get a few kills but die a lot more.

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question for PC players. Since MW3 season 1 Christmas update has anyone had their fps tank maybe 30-40 frames at the same settings as pre update? Tried everything, fiddled with config file and even reinstalled the game but still get the fps drop. It starts off at 160-180fps in the first 1-2 multiplayer games at high settings then just tanks to 100 or even 70fps and gpu utilisation tanks from 99% to only 50-60%. What’s going on? All drivers are up to date including Bios.

Caporegime
Quick question for PC players. Since MW3 season 1 Christmas update has anyone had their fps tank maybe 30-40 frames at the same settings as pre update? Tried everything, fiddled with config file and even reinstalled the game but still get the fps drop. It starts off at 160-180fps in the first 1-2 multiplayer games at high settings then just tanks to 100 or even 70fps and gpu utilisation tanks from 99% to only 50-60%. What’s going on? All drivers are up to date including Bios.
Better off asking in the pc gaming forum

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've had the situation with shaders needing preloading. This means if they haven't reached 100% and you start match, you're frame can be affected.

Associate
I've had the situation with shaders needing preloading. This means if they haven't reached 100% and you start match, you're frame can be affected.
Found out why, it seems whenever I connect my headphones to PC bluetooth the FPS tanks- I've not used them now and FPS is back up to where it should be. I suppose I better buy a proper headset with usb dongle.

Soldato
Bought this on release day for Xbox series x and just bought it for my ps5 to try out with crossplay off . I was expecting SBMM with crossplay off to be a little bit more forgiving how wrong was I just as bad!!! I'm a average player 1.70s k/d and play the objective but its just as sweaty with crossplay on

Did you know Crossplay can also be turned off on Xbox?

It’s within the Console Menu’s rather than In Game itself and you get an annoying message about turning it back on before every game, but possible.

I’m going to park this up, it’s just too fast and crazy I must be getting old.. some games I do well but keep coming across games full of pre made sweats :p

Associate
Did you know Crossplay can also be turned off on Xbox?
Yeah did know that m8 but not many people who have a Xbox know that. To be honest the weapon motion blur bug that's been around since mw2 makes cod mw2 and 3 unplayable for me until they fix it (doubt they fix it now) once you see it you can't unsee it. If you don't see it I won't explain it to you but it is there for everyone on Xbox.

Soldato
Yeah did know that m8 but not many people who have a Xbox know that. To be honest the weapon motion blur bug that's been around since mw2 makes cod mw2 and 3 unplayable for me until they fix it (doubt they fix it now) once you see it you can't unsee it. If you don't see it I won't explain it to you but it is there for everyone on Xbox.

I didn’t think of that, makes sense now why you picked up a PS5 for Crossplay off :p

Associate
Aye on Saturday night all the idiots were on there were people jumping around crazy and people shooting you from behind walls. Not fun. Wonder why the makes of call of duty don’t do something about the cheaters?

i think this will be my last call of duty game it’s getting stupid now

Caporegime
It wouldn’t be an issue if we could just have console only crossplay. Ricochet hasn’t been the best and imho until they can get something decent together Pc players should be out of crossplay

Soldato
It wouldn’t be an issue if we could just have console only crossplay. Ricochet hasn’t been the best and imho until they can get something decent together Pc players should be out of crossplay

Well, I’ve been reading about all kinds of weird and wonderful hacking at COD, and the information suggests people may be hacking on console too.

I’m not talking XIM/Cronus stuff here, but actual PC level hacking in console lobbies.

Might all just be guff, but in my many years as a gamer there has been one immutable truth - hackers will always find a way.

The only reliable way to implement effective anti cheat will be to make it a client side requirement that mandates access to system files and blocks manipulation by system users, and that’s never going to happen.

All that being said - far fewer cheaty people on PS5 lobbies with crossplay off, but you do get some. Generally XIM/Cronus folk though.

Can’t say it’s enough to make me want to quit but then I never enable crossplay. I really don’t see why anyone would want to play on crossplay lobbies with cheaty PC players. Each to their own I guess!!

Associate
All that being said - far fewer cheaty people on PS5 lobbies with crossplay off, but you do get some. Generally XIM/Cronus folk though.

Can’t say it’s enough to make me want to quit but then I never enable crossplay. I really don’t see why anyone would want to play on crossplay lobbies with cheaty PC players. Each to their own I guess!!
If someone is bad at the game, and most people complaining about cheaters usually are, then they'll want to enable crossplay because SBMM/EOMM will work much more effectively with crossplay on due to the significantly larger player pool.

Soldato
If someone is bad at the game, and most people complaining about cheaters usually are, then they'll want to enable crossplay because SBMM/EOMM will work much more effectively with crossplay on due to the significantly larger player pool.

Fair point. Not sure how big the PS5 player pool is but I’ve personally never struggled to get games. Can’t say I’ve ever had massively stacked lobbies where I’m getting hammered either, though. The odd match here and there but not like some people seem to have. I’m probably a smidge above average, depending on how I choose to play, and happy enough with the lobbies I get.

Suppose it just goes to show the difference in experiences of the matchmaking systems.

Back
Top Bottom