Cities Skylines 2 is Official!

Associate
If I don't add more residential then the commercial start bailing out because they have a lack of customers.

I've started a new map and spent a bit more effort keeping the education up which seems to be helping a little more and also set some farming areas out. It seems to have helped with the demand for medium residential as opposed to all low level. I guess its all a bit of a balancing act!

Still doesn't seem the best game to create nice road / rail networks. I spent around an hour messing about building some bridges / rail tracks yesterday.

Soldato
If I don't add more residential then the commercial start bailing out because they have a lack of customers.

I've started a new map and spent a bit more effort keeping the education up which seems to be helping a little more and also set some farming areas out. It seems to have helped with the demand for medium residential as opposed to all low level. I guess its all a bit of a balancing act!

Still doesn't seem the best game to create nice road / rail networks. I spent around an hour messing about building some bridges / rail tracks yesterday.
In theory though the commercial can be satisfied from medium or high density residential as well.

I've always found that my city has demand for more than one residential type, so I can opt to zone medium or high if I want.

Soldato
I'm not sure if CO have released any further updates to the one noted in the middle of November, it was stated that the up-and-coming editor will take a couple of months or so to get in to a shape that they can release it.
Altho I have not noted anything official it might be from the first quarter onwards for mod support, if the editor would need to be released first..?
I'm assuming that they have all the infrastructure in place already for hosting the mods and assets.
Unless they felt the need to directly control the hosting of the mods and assets I would have hoped they would have used the mod.io site. Maybe it will work out fine.

Soldato
There's some mods already that are really good, they're just not released through an official store. I reckon early Q2 is when we'll see those mods ported across to the official store. I think some mod developers already have access to a beta version of the editor.

The latest big update was mid December, and really improved the game in terms of both performance and bugs.

Associate
I started it up again after several months but still getting bad performance, dropping into low teens single figures, I may need to re-install as still seems bad even using low\medium profiles.

Associate
I started it up again after several months but still getting bad performance, dropping into low teens single figures, I may need to re-install as still seems bad even using low\medium profiles.

Your system looks a better spec than mine and it runs fine on mine on high settings so a re-install maybe beneficial.

Associate
Does anyone who is playing this know if there's a glitch with exporting goods to connecting cities?

I've built a city (20k approx population) which is connected to two other towns via a rail link. I've got 600t plus excess coal being mined which is going to close by industries. My rail yard has 7000t of materials there but when the trains turn up they bring a few tons of materials in but never leave with any of my stuff. The factories seem to be turning the coal in to steel / machinary etc but its just not being sent out of the city so sat in my yard. Its all definitely connected up and I have set a rail link between the yard and the other city(s) but there just not taking the stuff away :(

Associate
Unfortunately it isn't the patch which makes the game fun, here's another fire engine that arrived just in time before any major destruction was done..

20240131165942_1.jpg

Associate
I'm looking to get into this game, I had CS1 and loved it.

What would be a realistic spec on a laptop to cope with this, or is it a no go? TIA
I'd suggest a recent i5 CPU, 4070 and 32GB as a minimum for 1080p. The more the merrier and allow headroom for mods and assets in the future. Personally, I'd wait until they've ironed out a few more bugs and mods are enabled and matured. I love CS1 and hope to love CS2 but it's not quite there yet.

Associate
I haven't really followed this since the release disappointment, is it worth picking up yet? I've seen they've done a few updates but doesn't seem like they've made really major improvements?

Associate
I haven't really followed this since the release disappointment, is it worth picking up yet? I've seen they've done a few updates but doesn't seem like they've made really major improvements?
It's ok but not amazing. Performance and bugs have improved with patches but there's still a lot to do. For example, the sim lags above moderate populations. For me, the game lacks a bit of soul vs CS1 (lack of animations and limited assets), and until there's official mod support and the availability of new assets, it will probably remain that way.

Back
Top Bottom