Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
mine just dies after a few days.... reboot fixes it. A quick reddit search says loads of folk have it, and it was the same with the pixel 7.

Google support was useless.... and they are normally good, which makes me cynically think they know, but cant fix.

Soldato
I am not sure this is pixel 8 specific if it's getting declined
Still using the phone as a card payment the same way. Wouldn't work by selecting contactless on the machine but selecting card then using the phone did work. Likely not a phone issue though and more like a terminal issue. Just thought I would mention it if others are having issues.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Can you guys just find a bit of a4 paper and try to do a document scan / take a photo with it centered.

Im absolutely convinced my camera isnt right, I tried to take a picture of a document tonight which I know my old p20 would handle with zero effort, and frankly the results are shocking... with anything except a small section in the middle not in perfect focus.

Just charging the p20 up atm to confirm.

Soldato
Can you guys just find a bit of a4 paper and try to do a document scan / take a photo with it centered.

Im absolutely convinced my camera isnt right, I tried to take a picture of a document tonight which I know my old p20 would handle with zero effort, and frankly the results are shocking... with anything except a small section in the middle not in perfect focus.

Just charging the p20 up atm to confirm.
It's happens on all large sensor phones. Just take a 2x

Soldato
Really? I've taken multiple scans of documents on an A4 page on my 15 Pro Max with the entire document remaining in focus, unless I'm misinterpreting @kindai post.

If the page is perfecty flat and your perfectly perpendicular to it then yes I can get a good focus edge to edge.

Otherwise no, it'll be out of focus a bit in the corners hence why large phone sensors get such natural bokeh. You can't have it both ways.

Soldato
If the page is perfecty flat and your perfectly perpendicular to it then yes I can get a good focus edge to edge.

Otherwise no, it'll be out of focus a bit in the corners hence why large phone sensors get such natural bokeh. You can't have it both ways.

You got an example of that?

I tried the camera app to take a photo of a letter, and it worked perfectly. I've got a feeling AI is having a hand in that, due to the camera lens.

But the option to use the camera to scan as a document (click the pop up in the camera app) results in a much poorer image, no matter how perfectly it's lined up :(

Soldato
1x

uc

2x

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
My 8 Pro can take great photos of letters at 1x & 2x. But the actual doc scanner, cannot do anything near the same level of focus and detail.

Those two above images (if taken by the camera app and not the doc scanner) should have better focus and detail, unless it's been lost in compression and upload etc..

Back
Top Bottom