Halo (TV Series)

Soldato
They lost two Spartan teams (one as cannon fodder)which are a finite resource and expensive. Which is why they where replaced with a cheaper (less capable) alternative. No one other than Spartans can use the armour suits. They've abandoned their best AI and best scientist (and the artifact?)
It makes no sense from a logic point of view. As a plot device you can't argue somethings are critically important then treat them as disposable. Worthless.

The show seems to treat Spartans as big dumb grunts. Not really that special at all.

At least its more action than season one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Reach is deffo not another planet, even in this, whatever verse this is. Its the home to the Spartens in all their forms, and its massive in agricultural etc, its basically Earth 2. Though none of this is conveyed in this show.
Also Kai, I have no idea what she's doing I guess she's replacing another arch character that went to train the Spartan 3s, but the Spartan that trained them had never even met MasterCHief at that point.
Yea, each of teh Majoinor armour is unique to the wearer, otherwise you have one suit does all, well its supposed to be uniquly wired for the wearers nervous system. But see as well they never even showed any of that, its..whatever. Even though they still use all the well known Chief look and suit for the propaganda posters etc.

Also, reach falling so fast, jesus, it was a war that went on for ages, and the USNC lost about half of its fleet alone above reach in a battle, of course, again, none of that is shown, and apparently people can just leave and fly on past in their ships.
A big problem now is how weak Spartens look, they seem to be cannon fodder, not that special at all really. They still dont have any clue how close the Sparten 2's where to each other, they are closer than family. Kai if true to a character would NEVER have left her team behind, she would have ripped the head off anyone telling her to do so otherwise, the idea she just gets on a ship and leave knowing what would happen to Reach etc is frigging abhorrent to what Spartens stand for.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't plan to play the game but I guess there novels about the lore, story and characters. Any recommendations?
Honestly ask that in Google then type reddit and you'll get a better answer. I read them all over the place. Not sure if their is an order.

Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
The original series is definitely worth reading (thought The Flood is a bit of a slog) and the Forerunner series is great if you're into harder scifi (and want to actually understand Halo 4)

I haven't read beyond that series though

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
The original series is definitely worth reading (thought The Flood is a bit of a slog) and the Forerunner series is great if you're into harder scifi (and want to actually understand Halo 4)

I haven't read beyond that series though

List of them is here.

Thanks guys i found it with The Flood being book 2. Will give it a go when i get the chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPG
Man of Honour
Mostly a better episode, shame the build up at the end wasn't towards something else though (you'll know what I mean).

Soldato
Episode 4 was quite good, stakes looked high. Though the blind man didn't seem blind and quite accurate of where he's shooting and where to take cover.

Dunno about anyone else but I don't like Halsey at all for some reason.

Soldato
Yea Halsey is a pretty horrible person, I always got the feeling the only reason she was close to John was because his ability to beat the covenant was in some way her redemption for everything she did to justify it. Especially considering the original reason Spartans where made for.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
She seems only empathetic to those who further her cause, quite the sociopath. I don't understand her upset over Keys though, that seemed out of character. I feel like the show is going to give her more of a double-edge but overall we're not supposed to like her even if she is on our team.

Reactions: SPG
Caporegime
Made it to episode 3 and was just bored as hell... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

If you're going to talk that much, atleast make it interesting.

That's me done now :(

Caporegime
Made it to episode 3 and was just bored as hell... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

If you're going to talk that much, atleast make it interesting.

That's me done now :(
Ep.4 is very good.

This Episode seemed a bit slow as well, but really kicked up a gear towards the end. And how dare they leave it on that cliffhanger! :mad: This has become my must watch episode during the week, I still have last week's Masters of the Air and now this weeks to watch too.

Back
Top Bottom