**NEW CORSAIR ML MAGNETIC LEVITATION FANS**

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I think the dual pack are the same spec wise, they just don't come with the rubber grommets on the edges to prevent vibration etc. - don't quote me on that though!

Soldato
I think the dual pack are the same spec wise, they just don't come with the rubber grommets on the edges to prevent vibration etc. - don't quote me on that though!

You might be right. Oh well. They will do for now until I can get the dual blue LED ones. Cos they are the ones I am really after. At least I can then put these elsewhere in the case.

Associate
Disappointing...was looking forward to getting these in time for my new upgrade.

Not just retailers, review samples shipping out now as well. Must have been an inventory issue throughout.

The dual pack should have the ML basic, not Pro or Pro LED. Difference between basic and Pro is grey impeller on basic vs black on Pro and no interchangeable or even fixed rubber corner pads on the basic. Best bang for the buck is def the basic at this point though.

Associate
Just took a punt and brought 8 of these for my new rads and intake hopefully don't regret. would have gone for basic but wanted the all black design.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a red 140 turning up today. I'm currently building a silent PC and went with the silent wings 2 140. They are silent at anything under 400 rpm and I'm running them at under 300 rpm in idle. The issue I've got is a motor tick. It's not loud at all, my wife actually thinks Im crazy but I can hear it.
I've ordered on of these corsair fans to see if it is silent at low rpm. If it is, I will change the fans.
I will report back tonight.

Associate
If they are here today I will put up as much info as I can. I will have a play around with them after work tonight

Associate
Just plugged this into my mobo and I'm struggling to be honest.
I can't get them to run under 970 rpm.
I'm using the Asus fan software which came with the rog Hero. It shows the lowest speed as 400rpm but it's actually running at 970, which is way too loud for my new build.

Anybody have any ideas as to why it won't go lower?

Associate
Quick update.
To get these fans down to 400 rpm using Asus fanxpert, you have to set the profile to fan off. So there is a big jump then from 400 to 970 rpm and gradual after that.
I will comment on the sound once the kids have gone to bed lol.

Associate
When you run them at 400 rpm the wind noise is very quiet, well silent really. When you get to about a foot away you can hear motor clicking, which I didn't expect.
Comparing them to the silent wings, the wind noise at 400 is inaudible on the silent wings and very very slight on the corsair. The clicking however is quieter on the Corsair.

The Corsair moves a hell of a lot more air than the silent wings. I'm actually getting better temps from one Corsair compared to two of the SW2.

When you ramp them up, they do get loud and the ticking is far more obviouse. My god to they shift air at full tilt though.

It's worth mentioning that I can't get them to switch off like the SW2.

I have decided to RMA the SW2 and order another Corsair.

Soldato
Got all excited when I received a package today, that I removed the fans from the rad for 295x2. Opened the box thinking it was the new fans...no. It was my new Superman Funko POP! Vinyl.

Guess with it being a 2nd class delivery, it won't arrive til Monday. I've since put the other fans back on the rad and now, the one attached to the GPU itself is louder than it was when I took it out! Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom