O11D EVO XL

Associate
I've Also got the case and waiting for the other kit to arrive before building.
It very disappointing that Lain Li are not intending to make a Rev 140 Fan after buying 3 normal ones intending to add the Rev one when available.
but I've just seen that we can Pre order Phantexs D30 Reverse 140mm fan as a triple pack. I know nothing about these fans so will have to do some home work but can see these being added to my final build.

Last edited:
Associate
I've Also got the case and waiting for the other kit to arrive before building.
It very disappointing that Lain Li are not intending to make a Rev 140 Fan after buying 3 normal ones intending to add the Rev one when available.
but I've just seen that we can Pre order Phantexs D30 Reverse 140mm fan as a triple pack. I know nothing about these fans so will have to do some home work but can see these being added to my final build.
They look fairly nice, not quite as nice as the Lian Li infinity fans but at least they`re available in reverse blade format. They`re supposed to be quite good too being 30mm deep.

Soldato
OP
Just a heads up guys, I have a few quality issues with mine, posted here https://www.reddit.com/r/lianli/comments/16ntt62/evo_xl_quality_issues/

But also just discovered OCUK some how got given the old cases that were given to influencers. The commercial ones have slight revisions, such as holes in the back for easy release of the side panels. It's an easy way to check if you have a revised case or not. Unfortunately mine is the old one...

Here is what it's meant to look like;

My black version doesn't have those cutouts either. Case is perfect though.

Associate
Anyone heard anything about the availability for the 900mm riser cable & upraight GPU bracket?

I've had them on preorder with the case since they were first available on the OCUK website, but the cable & bracket still just say "Pre-order", no idea of date or anything & OCUK couldn't give a date either when I contacted them. Hoping someone has heard something somewhere saying when they will be around.

Soldato
OP
Anyone heard anything about the availability for the 900mm riser cable & upraight GPU bracket?

I've had them on preorder with the case since they were first available on the OCUK website, but the cable & bracket still just say "Pre-order", no idea of date or anything & OCUK couldn't give a date either when I contacted them. Hoping someone has heard something somewhere saying when they will be around.

Same, have the riser cable and bracket on order, no info yet available. Could be days or months at this point.

I picked up the vertical mounting bracket for now so I can get my rig built, will swap it out for the upright bracket when it shows up :)

Associate
Same, have the riser cable and bracket on order, no info yet available. Could be days or months at this point.

I picked up the vertical mounting bracket for now so I can get my rig built, will swap it out for the upright bracket when it shows up :)
Yea, it's the unknown that's the biggest issue for me. I've built everything up in my old Corsair 800D in the meantime, but using the stock AMD cooler & GPU cooler until I get it into the new case, so I don't have to re-do the HL watercooling... If I knew it was going to take this long, I'd have been tempted to just order the extra bits direct from Lian-Li on AliExpress, it's a little more expensive, but it might have been here by now.

Soldato
OP
Got around to a test build in my case last night. Still waiting for upright GPU mount kit, 90cm riser cable plus distro plate, custom loop etc. So tried out the vertical mount with an AIO for now.

Finally a case that makes the 4090 strix look like a normal size GPU :D

PdlQeGr.jpg

Case is a pleasure to built in, very solid construction. Though I do wish the HDD mount cages would have been an optional extra. I exclusively use NVME drives for my gaming rig, so these are a complete waste. Also they spent time in the factory routing the SATA power and data cables for 4 SATA drives, which wil be wasted expense for many. I ended up removing both cages and their associated cables to have more room for cable management.

Whoever thought that NOT including the upright GPU bracket (£5!) and including these cages/cables should be shot :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Got around to a test build in my case last night. Still waiting for upright GPU mount kit, 90cm riser cable plus distro plate, custom loop etc. So tried out the vertical mount with an AIO for now.

Finally a case that makes the 4090 strix look like a normal size GPU :D

PdlQeGr.jpg

Case is a pleasure to built in, very solid construction. Though I do wish the HDD mount cages would have been an optional extra. I exclusively use NVME drives for my gaming rig, so these are a complete waste. Also they spent time in the factory routing the SATA power and data cables for 4 SATA drives, which wil be wasted expense for many. I ended up removing both cages and their associated cables to have more room for cable management.

Whoever thought that NOT including the upright GPU bracket (£5!) and including these cages/cables should be shot :cry:
That looks really nice, reverse fans would be the finishing touch though. Yeah I think the upright GPU bracket could have been included but personally I will be using the four HDD cages.

Soldato
OP
That looks really nice, reverse fans would be the finishing touch though. Yeah I think the upright GPU bracket could have been included but personally I will be using the four HDD cages.

Cheers.

Yeah will prob go for the reverse fans, though still settling on final layout once I get the rest of the hardware in!

NAS takes care of my HDD's, nice to not have the noise/vibration near the work/gaming areas!

Soldato
OP
Man my replacement case looked great.. but the Light Strip won't remember the Motherboard RGB setting FFS. This has been an awful launch for me.

I use L-Connect to manage RBG/Fan speeds, the case RBG just plugs into my fan hub. So lovely having it in a windows application with such a tiny resource footprint. Literally no performance impact with having it installed vs not installed. No need to enter UEFI or save profiles/settings between BIOS updates etc.

Back
Top Bottom