Official Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Thread - 30fps, 40fps, 60fps, 120fps! (*Spoilers Inside*)

Caporegime
Same here nothing on my end, what’s happened for you?
All three issues have been in the school when you're trying to retrieve the USB drive.

Got stuck up against a table while web slinging to a vent, in the hall it wouldn't let me zip to the lights in the centre and the third time I couldn't ceiling hang from the same lights. Manual save and reload let me continue in all three cases.

Had nothing major since, Miles walking through Peter, MJ talking to Peter after I had already switched to Miles, but still doesn't doesn't have the same polished feel as the first game. Also, some of the cutscenes look horrific, a massive step down from MM while others look fantastic.

Powerpyx has mentioned one of the trophies is also bugged atm which would be annoying as **** to run in to.

Soldato
All three issues have been in the school when you're trying to retrieve the USB drive.

Got stuck up against a table while web slinging to a vent, in the hall it wouldn't let me zip to the lights in the centre and the third time I couldn't ceiling hang from the same lights. Manual save and reload let me continue in all three cases.

Had nothing major since, Miles walking through Peter, MJ talking to Peter after I had already switched to Miles, but still doesn't doesn't have the same polished feel as the first game. Also, some of the cutscenes look horrific, a massive step down from MM while others look fantastic.

Powerpyx has mentioned one of the trophies is also bugged atm which would be annoying as **** to run in to.
I’ve not noticed the cut scenes bit but I’m only just after the school part.

I’ve seen that it’s the 100% one that’s glitched and yeah that needs to be patched as getting a plat on this seems easy to do like the first one and miles

Caporegime
I bought the disc on a whim and it got to 31.742 GB and said 'cant install'

I read about the issue with games getting stuck at 36% but my PS5 suggests that is 38%

Edit - took disk out, wiped it (even though it was spotless) and inserted it again and it's installing fine

Last edited:
Soldato
Just did the black cat mission oh my goodness. Shades of R&C portals there!

Shame some are having issues. For an open world game it looks and plays amazingly I think. I do suspect that they’ve been pushed to the ‘get it out before Xmas’ deadline but no major issues for me so far after 10 hours or so. I did get the school hanging from the light bug but since it loads so quickly it didn’t bother me.

Spoke too soon it’s just crashed on me chasing a crime vehicle lol

Last edited:
Soldato
:D
IMG-0841.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The combat at times is really frustrating especially with big groups. so many different button pushes needed and he likes to go all Assassins creed and jump in the wrong direction or swing the wrong way..

Im finding it a lot harder than the other two tbh. Have died a fair few times.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I was dying a lot at first, especially with the groups with the fire weapons. I think they really want you to parry the attacks from those and the other bug enemies, but I keep forgetting to press the party button (I think that mechanic wasn't in the 1st 2 games iirc)

It's a bit easier once you get a few health upgrades.

Edit: game.shows 11 hours playtime and I've still only done 13/31 of the main missions.

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Use the gadgets and the special moves. I am not really feeling the parry. If it’s that kind of area I use stealth a lot to clear out most of them before I go in swinging. I’ve died a couple of times too but it’s mostly my own fault when I hit a special takedown instead of a heal.

Caporegime
OP
Currently rocking the Iron Spider suit for Peter and the Forever (Wakanda) suite for Miles. It occurred to me how little tweaking would be needed to actually add other Marvel heroes to this game and have them too jumping and flying around New York. You could Easily have Hulk, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain America and most other agility/jumping/flying heroes without having to add many new physics or moves.

Edit: The jumping/swinging/flying speeds are insane once you get the Venom suit.

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
The combat at times is really frustrating especially with big groups. so many different button pushes needed and he likes to go all Assassins creed and jump in the wrong direction or swing the wrong way..

Im finding it a lot harder than the other two tbh. Have died a fair few times.

I saw a video about combat and it said the best way is to just stay in the air. So punch an enemy into the air, jump up and defeat them, once they're done press triangle to yank another enemy. Rinse and repeat. Once you get used to it it's fairly easy to do. All you have to do then is avoid projectiles and there's an ability that lets you dodge them mid-air.

Last edited:
Associate
I saw a video about combat and it said the best way is to just stay in the air. So punch an enemy into the air, jump up and defeat them, once they're done press triangle to yank another enemy. Rinse and repeat. Once you get used to it it's fairly easy to do. All you have to do then is avoid projectiles and there's an ability that lets you dodge them mid-air.
Yeah, this is what has been working really well for me. I just fight everyone in the air as much as possible - then deal with the shield lads and the 'heavy' ones once most of the main enemies are thinned out.

Also don't forget to use your Miles abilities and Peter abilities, the venom smash (L1 and O) from Miles is really useful.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same air fights and as soon as your spider sense pops hit circle to dodge the projectile then triangle to get back to whoever you were fighting. There is a nice flow to it when you get it right. I am finding high combos easier to play in this game. Either the window is greater or the game play is tighter or more fluid than before. Venom smash with Miles when there are a lot of enemies underneath you helps to stun them and keep them out of the fight for a bit while you air fight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom