Platypus' Beginners Guide to Running

Caporegime
OP
Cheers platypus, that looks awesome (until i try it hehe). Trying to bang out 3miles at fast pace was always going to kill me until im a lot more used to the runs. Will look a little stupid sprinting and stopping on the fields tonight :cool:
Good luck with it. Keep us updated with your progress ;)

Caporegime
OP
Hmm, I'm afraid the answer is not really Col. I certainly don't want to give any advice out that could lead to you injuring yourself further.

I'd suggest just jogging for 10-15 minutes at a time, tops, and slowly to see how your knee feels.

Caporegime
OP
Good luck with Paris, it's generally really poorly organised, and hope that the water stops don't run out of water like they did last year (in 30oC heat)!

Anyway, in terms of the injury I'd get it checked by a physio, but take it easy. You should be at the 15-18 mile stage by now? It's probably better you take a complete week off and ease back into it then trying to run on it, however lightly.

Caporegime
OP
I managed 16 miles on an 18 mile run this weekend, dropped out towards the end because I was feeling my legs somewhat, but thats the furthest I've managed since fracturing my ankle so I'm pretty chuffed with it.

Have a short duathlon coming up in April (10k run/40k bike/10k run), then my target is the Grunty fen half marathon, where I'm hoping to get down to about 1:10.

Caporegime
OP
I'm fairly disciplined, and plan to take every Friday off, only do a light jog if I'm feeling extremely itchy.

I asked for an intensive plan because I've lost a lot of speed/fitness through my ankle fracture. I'm fairly confident that it's fully healed, and it feels fine on longer runs, just a bit tired which is to be expected I guess.

Still, wouldn't hurt to have a word with Stuart and see if we can tone it down a bit.

Ta :).

Caporegime
OP
Well I spoke to my coach, and he said it'll do me some good and toughen me up :p.

Post race? Immediately: Protein & Carbs, hot bath, sex, and then a massage.

Depending on length of race, the day after I'll jog a few miles very slowly. After a marathon I'll take a few days off.

Caporegime
OP
True, I use it for rowing as well actually and then its a bit annoying but other then that its fine, and even a great size for cycling due to the size of the display.

Caporegime
OP
Bleh, looks like I'll miss out on London again as I didn't get a runners place, and the charity places always require a stupidly high amount of money to raise.

Caporegime
OP
Fast slow work, or Fartlek would help you lose weight. If you're up to 2 miles at the moment, try alternating half a mile flat out, with half a mile almost walking for the 2 miles.

Back
Top Bottom