Raspberry Pi 5 Announced!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Haha I have not even opened it and taken it out of its packaging delivery box....

For all I know pihut could have sent me a box of tissues for all I know lol

I opened it. But won't get around to tinkering with it until Friday probably.

Got one of those ubc c mobile monitors that just runs of usb c. Hoping that works fine with it.

Soldato
The power supply turned up today, just a heads up if you want to use USB for a boot drive then a 5a 5v power supply is needed! Will likely be the same with nvme.
Ubuntu seems to be running nicely, my BT mouse is laggy so I've swapped to USB whilst I get all the updates - hopefully that will resolve it.

Permabanned
The power supply turned up today, just a heads up if you want to use USB for a boot drive then a 5a 5v power supply is needed! Will likely be the same with nvme.
Ubuntu seems to be running nicely, my BT mouse is laggy so I've swapped to USB whilst I get all the updates - hopefully that will resolve it.

I’m using the official Raspberry Pi 5 charger with a NVMe USB enclosure. No problems so far.

Soldato
Ah yes I should be clearer - you'll need the official one which is 5a/5v or similar, on previous pi's I could use some other usb chargers (3a/9v) I had laying around but this one requires a bit more amperage.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ah yes I should be clearer - you'll need the official one which is 5a/5v or similar, on previous pi's I could use some other usb chargers (3a/9v) I had laying around but this one requires a bit more amperage.

Gave in and ordered one. Was hoping to use something lying around the house.

Costs slowly adding up. Lol. Case and PSU around £20 alone. Never had one before though and wanted to tinker :D

What are you guys using yours for?

Permabanned
Yeah, I’m using my Raspberry Pi 5 for Plex at the moment. Hoping to expand to use it as a NAS too.

Didn’t bother with the micro HDMI adapter for mine. I just remote into it from my laptop.

Soldato
Yeah, I’m using my Raspberry Pi 5 for Plex at the moment. Hoping to expand to use it as a NAS too.

Didn’t bother with the micro HDMI adapter for mine. I just remote into it from my laptop.

I think you will be more than fine. I've got my Pi 4 setup as a Plex machine, torrent machine and Next cloud. All working lovely.

Soldato
Got mine delivered, but honestly struggling to decide exactly what to use it for. Would be keen on trying Windows ARM on it, but I believe that's still not there yet.

Back
Top Bottom