What is everyone hoping will be released in 2024?

Associate
Just hope they refresh the MacBook "Pro" line and bump the base model RAM to 16GB. I want to upgrade but I'm not paying £1700 for a model with 8GB RAM, nor do I want to pay £200/£400 to increase the RAM to 16GB/24GB.

Associate
Just hope they refresh the MacBook "Pro" line and bump the base model RAM to 16GB. I want to upgrade but I'm not paying £1700 for a model with 8GB RAM, nor do I want to pay £200/£400 to increase the RAM to 16GB/24GB.
8GB is just silly, especially as you can't upgrade later.

Soldato
OP
March or April is looking likely for new iPads.
I've been using my iPad Pro M1 11" quite a bit more recently and it feels so fast. I honestly don't need it but at the time I bought it I wanted to use it with the Apple Pencil 2 to start doing some note taking. I might start trying to use it more but finding note taking apps I like is a real struggle.

Soldato
I've been using my iPad Pro M1 11" quite a bit more recently and it feels so fast. I honestly don't need it but at the time I bought it I wanted to use it with the Apple Pencil 2 to start doing some note taking. I might start trying to use it more but finding note taking apps I like is a real struggle.

I honestly just use OneNote to hand-write on my iPad, it's the only thing I use it for now, I then transcribe to Obsidian at some point afterwards because my handwriting is absolutely terrible, but I retain the information a little bit better if I do it this way. I'm still on my 11" 2018 iPad Pro.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything I need this year, I am still considering trading my 16" Macbook Pro in, which I have been saying since I got it. But everything else can easily last many, many more years now.

Associate
Nothing particularly, hence why I said it would just be a bonus as I'm getting one regardless. But if it was more efficient, slightly faster etc. for free, then who am I to complain.

Soldato

Tried Notability?

That's what sold it for me getting the iPad with Apple Pencil. Back then the App cost £10, now its free.

It's only been out seven months, what do you think needs refreshing?

M3 CPU, putting it inline with the other Mac's would be nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know I'm in the weirdo minority here but I would love them to bring back a small and cheap laptop. The 12" MacBook was a great form factor let down by lousy chips and a bad keyboard but they could totally pull it off now. I have a 13" M2 Air for work and it's perfectly nice, but if they made something slightly smaller, basically as wide as the keyboard only I would totally get one for the sofa if the price was right. I'd be down for a cheaper plastic laptop from Apple like the olden days. Totally fantasy though, I know that's not the direction they're moving.

Soldato
OP
I know I'm in the weirdo minority here but I would love them to bring back a small and cheap laptop. The 12" MacBook was a great form factor let down by lousy chips and a bad keyboard but they could totally pull it off now. I have a 13" M2 Air for work and it's perfectly nice, but if they made something slightly smaller, basically as wide as the keyboard only I would totally get one for the sofa if the price was right. I'd be down for a cheaper plastic laptop from Apple like the olden days. Totally fantasy though, I know that's not the direction they're moving.
Couldn't you just get an iPad Pro 11" with a magic keyboard and use it like a small laptop?

Back
Top Bottom