Ways to make your boring office job fun #1. Blatent animal cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
This is, hands down, the best idea I've heard in a long time. I don't believe for a second that Britboy actually did it, but the concept itself is ****ing genius.

Thanks fella! It was very cool, and I am pleased with myself for thinking of doing it!

I think I'm going to risk all and bang out some photos this week (in reality shouldn't be too difficult just risky if seen), then watch as the apologies fly in (lol not! They'll just abandon the thread or scream 'FAKE'! but that's kiddies on t'net for you! At least everyone will know definitively the truth and my name will be cleared apart from Robgmun who will believe it is a lie whatever happens!)

Last edited:
Associate
Been following this thread since it was posted, and fair enough plenty of people have said 'great idea, dunno if you really did it or not but great story' etc, but I don't get why some people have gone to the point of being quite offensive over their disbelief that it actually took place?
Is this forum really such serious business that people actually get wound up enough to start insulting someone over what is at the very least, an entertaining read.

Would they prefer a far more politically correct, dull set of threads that can all be independently verified as to their accuracy?
Personally, i'm not fussed if it was made up, its not a lie that would hurt anyone.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Been following this thread since it was posted, and fair enough plenty of people have said 'great idea, dunno if you really did it or not but great story' etc, but I don't get why some people have gone to the point of being quite offensive over their disbelief that it actually took place?
Is this forum really such serious business that people actually get wound up enough to start insulting someone over what is at the very least, an entertaining read.

Would they prefer a far more politically correct, dull set of threads that can all be independently verified as to their accuracy?
Personally, i'm not fussed if it was made up, its not a lie that would hurt anyone.

Its not the fact so much of if it happened or not. If he'd just said "I read this funny story"/"had this idea" but he said it as something he'd done and something that awesome needs pictures.

Cool stories and ideas are great but people dont like being lied to or feeling like they are being lyed to!

From the first page I was skeptical without pictures, and to be fair, Britboy has been round these ways long enough to know that people will demand hovis!

I notice on the other forum you shared the OP and people there are calling BS too so maybe it's not just OcUK!

Associate

I'm not sure why so many people set out to effectively disprove threads and attack the OP, lack of hobbies perhaps? Even if he is lying who is he hurting? Nobody. Personally i found it an amusing story and a great idea. Didn't even bother considering if it was true or not as it's completely beside the point. These threads should just be viewed as a bit of fun especially in GD as well, it's hardly the most serious place on the planet.

EDIT: on a separate note i had an ant farm just like that one posted in the OP except in green. Damn things escaped, Was always fun to drop other bugs in to see if the ants would attack them. Spiders (obviously small ones) often provided good entertainment.

Last edited:
Caporegime

It's more that this poster continually posts such things.

Just like magic and teki get abuse for the conspiracy theories, and Fox gets abuse for being consistently caustic.

If some random person posted this then i think you'd get a lot more "cool but not sure if true" as opposed to oh look britboy at it again.

Tbh the whole GD got a lot more jaded when someone posted thier heroic storey of saving a woman and child from a car crashed into a river and sinking fast.

Proved false/suspicius and the poster quickly scarpered and refuses to post in GD or any thread where it's mentioned now.

Associate
Why don't you put small farms around with no ants in - representing oil things or gold fields like in good old Red Alert.
See which ones take it first.

It sounds amazing and is a ace idea.

Or put one big one in the middle for some king of the hill action. Plus fill this middle chamber up with foliage and water to give the ants an incentive to take it, then throw in some other random bugs to to add to the carnage.

Permabanned
OP
Remember an OCUK sign and some Hovis for validity purposes.

Yea I'm going to do photos I've kind of decided now. I will make it as indisputable as possible (will have OCUK forum on screen in background, not sure about hovis, but more stuff etc etc, as I'm definately not going through another 6 pages of 'those photos were fake'!

I don't know why - I know I should let it go, but gonna sneak the camera in and just do it just to see if anyone say 'uh - yup - sorry'. I'm not holding my breath!

Associate
Remember an OCUK sign and some Hovis for validity purposes.

ocuk-bread.png

Permabanned
OP
Not got access to a scanner then? I'm sure the ants won't mind having their gravitational axis rotated 90° for a 20 seconds or so.

The ants are all presently deaded. I have access to a photocopier, but don't have any way of getting from that peice of paper that is produced, on to the computer!!

Also scanning an ants nest is something I'd rather not do during office hours just in case someone else comes up behind me and thinks WTF and then we're all in trouble!! The scanner is used by everyone, my desk is not!

:)

Also their caverns look perilously close to collapsing but they're dead anyway so they shouldn't mind if this happens during the process!

You'll have your photos and scans soon enough though ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom