*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Associate
I can't get this phone any cheaper than £35 p/m on Vodafone retentions which sucks, think I will definately be cancelling my contract in May and going via Quidco or something.

What deals are everyone else getting?

This was on a 24 month contract as well, they wouldn't keep me on 18 months!

Ridiculous!

Soldato
OP
I can't get this phone any cheaper than £35 p/m on Vodafone retentions which sucks, think I will definately be cancelling my contract in May and going via Quidco or something.

What deals are everyone else getting?

This was on a 24 month contract as well, they wouldn't keep me on 18 months!

Ridiculous!

Yeah I got the same spiel from T-Mobile - they must be getting the squeeze from 3rd party re-sellers or something. Only going with the 24 month contracts.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have ordered an orange one from mobiles.co.uk and they say it will be with me tomorrow. They are however the most retarded and useless company that I have ever come across so im not holding out too much hope.

Associate
Yeah I got the same spiel from T-Mobile - they must be getting the squeeze from 3rd party re-sellers or something. Only going with the 24 month contracts.

I had Orange ring me a few weeks ago as well offering me the 9700 on a 18month contract for £25 p/m inc VAT.

Wish I agreed now! I hope they call me back!

Associate
My furious F5 spamming has paid off :D MPD order has now changed to ready for dispatch, which hopefully means I'll have it tomorrow!

Soldato
I've no problem dropping vodafone if they don't give me a decent upgrade deal, but anyone know what their 3g coverage is like? Voda have usually been pretty good for me...

Soldato
By 'they' do you mean T-Mobile? :D

Big oops, yes, I do mean t-mobile. Didn't they just merge with Orange? Shouldn't that mean their 3g coverage will be better? I'm slightly nervous because the gf is on three (don't they use t-mobile's network) and her connection isn't great in west London, despite what the T-mobile website says...

Associate
Big oops, yes, I do mean t-mobile. Didn't they just merge with Orange? Shouldn't that mean their 3g coverage will be better? I'm slightly nervous because the gf is on three (don't they use t-mobile's network) and her connection isn't great in west London, despite what the T-mobile website says...

Yeah they did merge, but I think I read somewhere that the brands will remain seperate for the next 18 months. I dunno if that means they won't share masts etc.

I always found T-Mobile a bit pants in the West Mids, even when their coverage checker said I should have good 3g signal. I'm not sure about anywhere else.

I would advise getting a pay and go sim card from T-Mobile and checking it out in the areas you'll be using your phone. It might cost you 5-10 quid but it's probably worth it in the long run.

Soldato
Going to ask a silly question that a hope can be answered quick (about to place an order),

If i was to get one of the deals through MPD or Mobiles.co.uk, once the contract is coming to an end who do you negotiate a new deal with the network or the reseller?

Soldato
The_Asgard, mind mentioning what apps you donloaded or changes you made that persuaded you it's a good device?

I made lots of changes to the default configuration but this would be down to user preference. The defaults didn't work for me.

Apps

ACast Free - Podcasts, woorks better than the Iphone
BBC News - Default widget seems to stop updating
MixZing Lite - Better music player IMO
S2 Calendar Widget
Sweet Dreams - Auto turn off alerts in the night. Must have!
Telegraph
Calaculator
GPSStatus
TasKiller - Needs quite a few system ignores setting up

Compared to the Iphone it's very open/configurable but this can give the impression of a rough feel compared to the Iphone. Will take some time but worth the effort. Going back to the Iphone now makes it feel steam power.

Soldato
Going to ask a silly question that a hope can be answered quick (about to place an order),

If i was to get one of the deals through MPD or Mobiles.co.uk, once the contract is coming to an end who do you negotiate a new deal with the network or the reseller?

The network.

Soldato
Yeah they did merge, but I think I read somewhere that the brands will remain seperate for the next 18 months. I dunno if that means they won't share masts etc.

Asked that question to T-Mobile at the weekend, just setup a business account. They said the transmitters will start being shared over the next few months. I think the names will stay the same for the next 18 months but resources will definately be pooled ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom