Would you buy this house ?

Associate
It's hard, but don't be drawn in by the flashy interior. You can always redecorate a house, even remodel the interior completely - but you will never be able to change the fundamentals like the shared driveway, busy road, lack of parking etc.

Incidentally I also would never ever buy a house with a shared driveway. The trouble it can potentially cause is never worth the risk. Even if the current neighbours seem the nicest people in the world - there is nothing to stop them from moving and the neighbours from hell moving in.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Its at a premium due to the flashy interior, save yourself a fortune by buying something in need of work then do it to your own specification rather than a developers vision.

People saying LOLWTF 850k, be realistic, that house is at least 600k's worth anywhere decent in the south east. Then there is the newbuild and london connection weighting.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Kawolski, why are you even comparing cornwall/devon/whatever with London? :confused: I might come back with a nice house in sunny Bulgaria. I am sure property is even cheaper still.

Soldato
Kawolski, why are you even comparing cornwall/devon/whatever with London? :confused: I might come back with a nice house in sunny Bulgaria. I am sure property is even cheaper still.

Because its quite an interesting comparison showing how ludicrously overpriced London and the South-East actually is.

Associate
This is what you'd get for around that price where I live.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/4577121

Map

Seems like a little amount of house for the large amount of money your paying mate.

But then as it has been said, I don't live within commuter distance of London and have to make do with The English Riviera and all its stunning coastline and beaches.

That's what i'm takling about!!!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Because its quite an interesting comparison showing how ludicrously overpriced London and the South-East actually is.

Its not interesting at all. And is not comparable. Wow, property varies in price depending on where it is situated. Revelation that! :confused:

The property is overpriced, but not considerably. It carries a premium due to it being a new build, and because it is of a high specification. I wouldn't buy it either, but that comparison is a complete nonsense.

Soldato
Its not interesting at all. And is not comparable. Wow, property varies in price depending on where it is situated. Revelation that! :confused:

The property is overpriced, but not considerably. It carries a premium due to it being a new build, and because it is of a high specification. I wouldn't buy it either, but that comparison is a complete nonsense.
However my comparisions to other similarly priced new build properties within a couple of miles of the OP do show it to be well overpriced, as they provided much much greater benefits for the same price.

Soldato
Buy a normal 200k house somewhere else and forget work or at least commute.

Buying a house in London that you actually like is the hobby of multi millionaires. Don't even try it.

850k for a house. It's idiots like you that cause house prices to be so high. :mad: :p

Last edited:
Soldato

It is interesting.

You know, as a discussion forum, topics often evolve from the original point to encompass other things (such as "what £850k can get you elsewhere"). If you don't like that, I suggest you pop off out of the topic.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
However my comparisions to other similarly priced new build properties within a couple of miles of the OP do show it to be well overpriced, as they provided much much greater benefits for the same price.

Estate locations and lower specifications. I agree with you to an extent, but the house in the OP carries a premium due to other factors. Non estate location and the high specification is worth a fair premium. As i say, i wouldn't buy it either, i live out of an urban area within a commuter belt instead. I do not believe that house, for what it is, to be grossly overpriced though.

Anyhow, it is not this which i have taken issue with, it is the meaningless comparison with other (cheaper) areas of the country which have no access to the capital.

Soldato
Sorry, should have pointed out the estate agents literature is wrong - the road is called Hempstead Road, in Watford - not hemel hempstead.

Would not pay 850k in hemel !

R

mehul

Ahh my bad. :o

Watford? Well I'd expect £850k to buy me something decent in a good area, but on a main road? No chance. Even if it was a new build.

Back
Top Bottom