*** Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread ***

Soldato
After buying the new maps on release day I havent really had a chance to play on them properly until tonight, I think they are defo worth buying if you are still hooked on this game, fuel seems really good for objective based games.

Soldato
AK is by far the best gun on the game. I love it me.

Same here.It's ace. It Fully star out swear words! me off that you only get it at level 70. You should get the last gun at level 65 or something so you can earn experience while unlocking it. With the AK you just end up wasting loads of experience unlocking it all:mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Same here.It's ace. It ***** me off that you only get it at level 70. You should get the last gun at level 65 or something so you can earn experience while unlocking it. With the AK you just end up wasting loads of experience unlocking it all:mad:

Yeah. Im last prestige now anyways so i will never lose the gun again :D

Do not quote swear words!

Associate
hey we're runnin a couple of weekly free for all matches every wednesday 8pm on live, we do an oddball match to start with where the lowest score from the week before chooses the rules (like knives only, no perks etc) then a standard free for all.

This week as I came last we're playin my pick which is no primary weapons. anyhow if you guys think you might pop along add me on live "themiband"

We're also lookin to record these matches and upload some of the better footage, along with our clan matches (when we find some other clans to play with on a regular basis the community on live seems pretty stagnant), i'm guessin you guys would be the people to ask on hardware for recording matches?

Associate
:D
Don't forget the Kirbrot anal raper.

kirbrot nob rotter attachment

Dont forget the Knob-Rot antifungal cream :D

I believe the Resurgence Pack was made especially for OcUK

Vacant - The situation of Oneshot's pie cupboard
Fuel - What Rogadog is pumping is pumping into the ocean
Trailer Park - Based on Jonny "white trash" Aztec's housing estate
Carnival - In honour of Madfruit's ***** ancestry
Strike - what Faded will be getting upside the head for that last comment....

:p

Soldato
I believe the Resurgence Pack was made especially for OcUK

Vacant - The situation of Oneshot's pie cupboard
Fuel - What Rogadog is pumping is pumping into the ocean
Trailer Park - Based on Jonny "white trash" Aztec's housing estate
Carnival - In honour of Madfruit's ***** ancestry
Strike - what Faded will be getting upside the head for that last comment....

:p

:D

Soldato
Starting to enjoy the game, I've just started ghosting and so far it's going really well (by my standards), regularly getting >10 KD's when I get the AC130 going :) Could probably push towards a nuke if I go with the right killstreak setup (I've been using Attack Helicopter, Stealth Bomber, AC130 just to be different :D) The M4 has got a new lease of life as a ghosting AR, works very well :)

Oh and haven't been called out in lobbies for running Prestige 10 and spinning 10th callsign as a Prestige 2 so far :D

Soldato
Silencer and cold blooded going around their spawn i believe = ghosting.

Just went 56-5 pro piping on afghan against a clan of matching gamertags, by the end of the game i had 15 hate messages. Got a 5 man with stealth bomber they were all sat ontop of each other.

Soldato
Silencer and cold blooded going around their spawn i believe = ghosting.

Just went 56-5 pro piping on afghan against a clan of matching gamertags, by the end of the game i had 15 hate messages. Got a 5 man with stealth bomber they were all sat ontop of each other.

you can get some spectacular kill/death on afghan, hardcore team deathmatch once had 51/3 running around with a TAR-21, heartbeat sensor and grenade launcher. cold blooded and ninja as well, its amazing how few people take cold blooded! needless to say pave low silenced them all! its a fun, easy going game when everyone is on the same page (i.e. not cheating) and its always a nice challange to kill serial campers, the games FULL of them! killed the same guy about six times the other day, going back to his camping spot :p

Soldato
Ghosting ?
I'm quickly starting to fall out with this game now

Well I'm not totally comfortable all out ghosting yet, I still find myself going for whatever kills I can, some "ghosts" only ever go for a guaranteed kill, which = insane k/d's, but at the same time when you don't know how to judge it perfectly, you often just end up getting shot.

I'm running:
M4/P90 Silenced + PP2000 Silenced
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blood Pro
Ninja Pro (Sitrep Pro if they're using claymores and I'm using the P90, as ADS P90 has full movement speed :) )
Claymores

Focus on your map and flanking the enemy, and make sure you're behind them, or at least a long distance from your teammates, before you start going for kills. The focus is on avoiding 1 on 1 gunfights and if there are two people facing away always killing the one who won't see the other going down first if you're going to go for both them.

It works very well on the CoD4 maps (- Crash) and a good proportion of the mw2 maps, but given how quick people are to immediately sprint out of their spawn to the red dots on their screens, getting the first few shots in tends to make up for the lack of stopping power.

Alternatively, you can run with your team, but essentially killstealing/rescuing, like overwatching the road from the rooves as your team try to push up the road on Favela, but making sure your ass is covered with claymores in those situation. I wouldn't go with that for the most part as generally that puts you in awkwards situations more than necessary.

It slows down the pace of gameplay if you're used to Marathon Lightweight rushing, but not in the same way as camping, as when ghosting you're trying to stay unnoticed and enemies are running around you and you're hoping not to be seen, getting a kill and moving before they can come back, whereas with camping you're just watching the door and waiting to pull the trigger.

I defo wouldn't advise it on a TDM Highrise particularly, as once you make it to one side of the map undetected, the only people left will be 1 or 2 snipers, and your team will have seen you get in and buttrushed them to the point that the spawns have flipped.

I personally find it much easier to get to the high killstreaks when ghosting, especially when your team aren't taking down air support down, when the enemy has a UAV up it generally is a benefit to a ghost, but if in a TDM game it only works if your team can hold their own, otherwise they die and keep spawning on you, which can happen a lot.

Soldato
Also, being in a position as a ghost means in bomb game types and headquarters you come from an area that they don't expect you to come from, as they'll 99% of the time they'll be looking for the routes the red dots could take or the spawn route could take the time,

Soldato
Silencer and cold blooded going around their spawn i believe = ghosting..

Don't forget ninja. I named one of my classes as ghost because with it you are basically invisible to all enemy killstreaks or from appearing as a red dot on their map

its always a nice challange to kill serial campers, the games FULL of them! killed the same guy about six times the other day, going back to his camping spot :p

I had the same the other day. I killed some person and ran around the map got a few, ran past the same spot i originally killed him at and he was there again. I thought what an idiot for going back to the same spot again. Didnt think he would be stupid enough to do it again so ran off. I then got a predator and saw a red box where the previous kid had been camping. Went for it and never the less it was HIM again. Fair to say I then decided to "camp" near this spot and got him at least another 4 times before he relised he could no longer get there :D

Soldato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32g370tyxQ

^^ Good example of basic ghosting, he got lucky with the newbie players for the nuke, but if you do what he does, perhaps avoiding quite so much face to face confrontations, there were plenty of times in that video where he should have hidden instead of stayed in the open, he left himself open to snipers and shotguns to the face a fair amount of the time.

Soldato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32g370tyxQ

^^ Good example of basic ghosting, he got lucky with the newbie players for the nuke, but if you do what he does, perhaps avoiding quite so much face to face confrontations, there were plenty of times in that video where he should have hidden instead of stayed in the open, he left himself open to snipers and shotguns to the face a fair amount of the time.

you just need to watch me for perfect ghosting :p

Back
Top Bottom