BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
If it helps balance things out, my DGM monitor is still going strong, however, I tend to use that monitor on average, about 3-4 hours/day.

My Sony CRT monitor is what gets the most use (it is on for usually 12-16 hrs/day)...still going strong since I purchased it in 2001.

Soldato
Yeah I agree Monkeynut, but then again you always hear more about problems on forums.

I have to say if they had a proper exchange warranty they'd be an excellent buy, it is just the repair warranty that is just a pain. Had to send the last one back about 5 times to finally get it sorted.

Never again will I buy a monitor without a exchange warranty.

Associate
This what you are getting?

http://www.markljlewis.com/dgmissues1.jpg
http://www.markljlewis.com/dgmissues2.jpg

For me it tends to start on dark colours, usually very small and get worse and larger. It doesn't happen very often, but it appears using the reset option in the menu can trigger it. Tried it on many different PCs and with different cables so it is definately the monitor at fault. Going to try and get it approved for a repair today.

Kind of like that, but it quickly turns into a fully black screen, within maybe 10 secs. It starts to overheat (i assume) after about 60-90 mins

I also have another monitor that is going strong, so perhaps we were just unlucky. DGM are collecting the broken one tomorrow.

All the best,
Ash

Last edited:
Associate
I've been using my DGM for almost 2 years without any issues so far. I think it's a case of many good non-problematic units that people don't really write home about, but a few bad units that people shout about from their rooftops.

And you just simply can't expect a monitor that price to last as long as alternatives that were £100's more. I think for the price this monitor has OUTperformed.

Soldato
Just to add my experience to the mix, I've had mine for coming up on 2.5 years now and it's probably been on for an average of 8 hours a day :eek: over that time, no problems yet (*touch wood*) :)

There do seem to have been a lot of problems. But then none of us have any idea how many people bought the monitor in the first place, so it's a fairly meaningless number :)

Soldato
There do seem to have been a lot of problems. But then none of us have any idea how many people bought the monitor in the first place, so it's a fairly meaningless number :)

Very true. The failure rate could be stupendously low or it could be high. Without numbers its impossible to come to any conclusion as to how the reliability of this monitor compares with other monitors.

FWIW, I think A LOT of these monitors were sold.

Associate
Very true. The failure rate could be stupendously low or it could be high. Without numbers its impossible to come to any conclusion as to how the reliability of this monitor compares with other monitors.

FWIW, I think A LOT of these monitors were sold.

That's correct, and not only that - these exact panels were also in other branded monitors, ie. Yaruka or whatever.

Associate
Best purchase ive ever made. Apart from the TN panel that I originally got sent me then quickly replaced by an excellent OCs, ive had not one thing wrong with it. Although I had to black out the light on the front!

Associate
After waiting for 3 months for my monitor to be repaired, I pushed for a partial refund and finally they told me that the panel for this model is obsolete and tried to fob me off with a new 23" TN-panel L-2362WD.

Of course I said no and I am quite disgusted with their customer service. They had no intention of updating me on the progress of the repair unless I asked and more or less lied to me to stall for time.

I see a few people in the same situation as I am and I recommend you email [email protected] and push for a solution. Read up on Section 48 of the Sales of Goods Act as it states that the buyer can be partially reimbursed if the seller cannot repair/replace the goods in a reasonable time. "Reasonable time" is a crucial keyword as the length of time is not defined by law but anyone would think one quarter of a year should be more than enough to repair a simple monitor.

Soldato
Sounds as bad as it was when I used them last. This week I sent off two monitors to them, one DGM and one Hyundai. I expect I'll be waiting as long as you did or get the monitors back with the faults still there! Is it any wonder why I put off sending them back for so long.

What annoyed me this time around, was they said I couldn't have the original box back, so instead of using the retail branded boxes designed and tested by the manufacturer to safely transport the monitors. They destroy them and send the monitor back using their own packaging. Yeah that makes good business sense! A cost with no benifit! :rolleyes:

Fab

Fab

Associate
It is my understanding that I'm bound to DGMs own T&C in regards to the repair of the unit.
But that would not be the case when having to dealer with the retailer.

Trading standards have advised I have the monitor returned and make contact with OCUK in writing.

I'm curious however.. how long these "repairs" do take, DGM refuse to offer an answer and if pressed.. put the phone down on me. D :

Associate
Oh great, I've got all this ahead of me. I can't believe they are being idiots about this. if it's 3 year warranty they should have enough panels to replace the broken ones.

Fobbing me off with a 1080p monitor will not be greeted with joy. I bought a 1920 x 1200 for a reason!

Associate
Just to add my experience. They just phoned me to arrange delivery of the fixed monitor (let's hope it's fixed at least!). It only took 6 days from when they collected it.

I'll be very pleased if it is indeed fixed!

All the best,
Ash

Associate
Thought I'd post back as one of the early adopters (had mine since Nov 07')

I've had one minor issue that being a stuck pixel but other than that it's been fault free and it's still going strong considering it's used a lot.

I am looking to upgrade though as I'd like a bigger screen now (28/30")

Has anyone been keeping up to date on the info of the actual panel being used now ?

There was a sticker on the inside of the panel that you can read through the vents above the VGA/DVI sockets.

Mine shows:

Manufactured: 06/33
Model: M240UW01 v.0
AU Oproni 08
Made in Taiwan M1

Associate
Just thought i would post that I am still awaiting my monitor to be repaired (second repair, first repair didnt solve the problem) Its now been close to 4 months, awaiting a part delivery for the last 3 months. I just sent them an email today and if its still not done i think i will be demanding a partial refund. Its a shame i also didn't buy it from OcUK :(
The online shop i got mine from doesn't even have a phone number :O

Back
Top Bottom