Folding@Home News 26th November - 3rd December 2010

Soldato
Damnit, are we on a shortage of bigadv WUs? Raven has just picked up a standard SMP WU :(

EDIT: Bah! Foiled by my own genious. I have Core Temp set to run a script when the CPU hits 95C, it fired at 1230 today. :mad: Might need to reseat my H50 as two cores are usually 5C cooler than the other two. The script restarts F@H with -smp 7 to try and reduce the temp but stay productive. I wrote the script before I moved to bigadv so it didn't have the -bigadv flag set!

Just shows, MSN screwing up had a 13-15 minute knock on effect per frame. One less core only knocked it back 2 minutes! :eek:

Oh well, I will finish this standard WU as it is already 10% in. Be rude to ditch it! It might actually work out for the best in regards to my PPD. for the last week or so I was dumping both bigadv WUs on the same day. So my PPD would spike then drop. If they are about a day apart I might get a more steady PPD figure! :p

Ahh the trials and tribulations of Folding@Home!

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to love EVGA Support:

evgagtx480.jpg

Poorly GTX295 went back to them and I get a lovely brand spanking new GTX480! :D

Associate
I shall return to seti - but not till New Year.

A fresh start.......

Besides, have been absent from the fold of folding for far too long, need to do my bit :D

Soldato
Got to love EVGA Support:

evgagtx480.jpg

Poorly GTX295 went back to them and I get a lovely brand spanking new GTX480! :D

Well done speed now thats a good deal - do ya think they'll trade my 3 465 for 570's :D

I shall return to seti - but not till New Year.

A fresh start.......

Besides, have been absent from the fold of folding for far too long, need to do my bit :D

Tell you what Mr Loudbob sah i will stick at it too in the spirit of cross project crunching, don't think i am out just to stomp mind have had a troop full of help and i will continue to say thank yee all kindly :)

Soldato
:D Seriously i went overboard initially with gpu because i wanted to make a dent, i must admit the top spot on seti did appeal for a while but i fear Mr Meridian combined with Mr BaBa will put paid to that, so now am just along for the ride.
Folding under your username tis doable what happenned to Stelly is he still playing games when he could be folding the rotter :)

Soldato
Stelly may decide to return at some point. Though he may fold for himself. He has plenty of clout. Possibly enough to surpass me! :eek:

If you want to fold under my username, feel free. Not stopping you! Borg-by-Consent is not frowned upon! :D Email in trust for passkey! I think loudbob should fold under me too. Give Biffa and his SR-2 a run for their money!

In fact, the whole team should fold under me for a week. See how high up the world rankings I - i mean WE - get :D

Soldato
I am sure some of us would be up for doing that!

It will be good to make Biffa appreciate what it is like to be, well, one of us not-#1-and-probably-never-will-be-people!

Soldato
You murdered that pun!

You could have been classy and disguised it thus,

"In fact, if we all pitched in together, we could sink the Biff. Mark my words!".

You could then have had a quiet, slightly superior chuckle to yourself knowing it was such a clever pun no one else would get it!

Back
Top Bottom