Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Enjoyed the second episode...that brunette slave girl looks familiar...think she was in hollyoaks a few yrs back...i remember her voice and her features pretty well...yep her name is Roxanne Mckee...still find that blonde lass she was so called teaching a bit off putting looks wise...must be her eyebrows:p...but boy did she get nailed from that ogre looking dude:p.

Cant stand the Queen, such an evil little cow and hopefully with the kid now awake, he will tell his father what exactly happened ie she was shagging the blond fella. I do like the dwarf though, i find him fascinating and pretty funny with the stuff he comes out with plus he gets plenty of women as well.

Terrible that the butchers boy was killed through no fault of his own...the kings son just needs a good ole slap and loved it when the little girl gave him a whack then the wolf went for him....sadly the wolf should have finished the little twerp off there and then. Disgusting that the red haired sister didnt speak up when they were trying to get to the bottom of the attack on the kings son.

All in all, wasnt as good as the first one but cant wait for next weeks episode...really enjoyable so far.

Just googled Mark Addy who plays the King and i knew i had seen him in an American sitcom called Still standing...and also have seen him in the tesco ads...i had no idea he was british born as he did a very good american accent in the still standing sitcom series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Disgusting that the red haired sister didnt speak up when they were trying to get to the bottom of the attack on the kings son.

The way I saw it was that she is so desperate to marry that little blonde **** and become a princess she dare not tell the truth for the risk it might not happen.

Soldato
These scenes seem to be quite important in her character development. At the beginning, she is very timid, weak, and a slave to the wills of her brother and khal. Her taking initiative, will strengthen the relationship with khal (at the expense of that with her brother?) and is part of her becoming stronger individually.

But it's good sex too. :p

Thought the second episode was better than the first - got to find out a lot more about the characters and their weaknesses. Really good so far. :)

I don't know if you've read the books or not but that's pretty much spot on.

Cant stand the Queen, such an evil little cow and hopefully with the kid now awake, he will tell his father what exactly happened ie she was shagging the blond fella. I do like the dwarf though, i find him fascinating and pretty funny with the stuff he comes out with plus he gets plenty of women as well.

Also a good shout, Cersei Lannister is not well liked in the books, her character is pretty much the beautiful but vindictive queen :D

The way I saw it was that she is so desperate to marry that little blonde **** and become a princess she dare not tell the truth for the risk it might not happen.

Yup but in the end she paid the price because her wolf got killed, whilst's Arya's wolf escaped.

I too am looking forward to next weeks episode, should be good. As I recall the story just gets better and better as it goes along as well so expect more from the later episodes!

Caporegime

True...thats what it seemed like that she is so desperate to marry the blonde girly lookalike fool...the dwarf slapping him was quite the funniest part of last nights episode.

Caporegime
The Tudors is an awesome series, one of my favourites of all time. The Borgias is reckoned to be good too.
I'm going to wait till Game of Thrones is complete, and watch them on the Sky+ a bit closer together, hate getting into a show then having to wait a week for the next fix :D

I think the Game of Thrones series is supposed to be based on both the Tudors and the Borgias (the historical dynasties, not the TV series).

Associate
Fantastic show. There are a lot of characters but so far the story line is brilliant. 2 episodes in and i cant wait for the next. This and hopefully second series of Broadwalk should keep me busy!

I havent read the books but how closely have the first 2 episodes followed in comparisson to the books?

Soldato
Fantastic show. There are a lot of characters but so far the story line is brilliant. 2 episodes in and i cant wait for the next. This and hopefully second series of Broadwalk should keep me busy!

I havent read the books but how closely have the first 2 episodes followed in comparisson to the books?

I haven't read the books in ages now, but pretty closely as far as I can remember, I haven't really come across anything in the series that wasn't in the books although they have changed a couple of things, for example Daenerys is like 13 in the book but probably 16 or so in the show, same for the other kids they made them all a little older.

Otherwise i'd say it's followed the books storyline quite well, around half way in the story really takes off a bit so things should get better as we go along.

p.s. read the books if you get a chance, really good :)

Associate
p.s. read the books if you get a chance, really good :)

Looks like i might have to!

Also have to say that Emilia Clarke is Stunning :)

I think if i read the books ti will ruin the surprise! i think i might do it the other way round.

Wait till the series is finished then read the books :)

Associate
Can't help but feel it will be cancelled before then. For one if he is doing a book a series then he'll never have time to finish the books before the show catches up.

I dont think that he will do a book a series. He may decide to condence 3 books into one series depending if he gets the go ahead.

If the other books are just as exciting then lets hope he does!!

Back
Top Bottom