****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
Phoned the local Hereford O2 shop so see if I could just go pick up a phone on contract tomorrow instead of waiting for my order online. Was told they sold out in 48hrs and wouldn't be getting more till thursday next week. I didn't mention it was contract or payg. The guy never asked either. Kinda crap for non contract people if they are really only selling with a commitment of a contract.

Soldato
Ordered online on Wednesday, phone was dispatched yesterday, DHL's site won't recognise my tracking number :(. Hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get home!

Associate
Phoned the local Hereford O2 shop so see if I could just go pick up a phone on contract tomorrow instead of waiting for my order online. Was told they sold out in 48hrs and wouldn't be getting more till thursday next week. I didn't mention it was contract or payg. The guy never asked either. Kinda crap for non contract people if they are really only selling with a commitment of a contract.

I think they have realised that everyone is going payg and then unlocking. So all their loaded pricing is getting dented :p

A bit like buying a Gillette razor and fitting Aldi blades to it ;) All that blade profit disappearing :p

Man of Honour
Explaination as to why 1080p mode zooms in -

Yes it's zoomed, and that's a hack to make it possible to record 1080p.

They've basically just cut off the pixels on the side, and are using 1920x1080 pixels from the centre of the camera's sensor.

This way, it doesn't have to process the "extra" pixels on the side, do pixel binning etc. The sensor is decent enough that 1080p still looks crisp at native res.

Associate
So do the phones ordered via phones4u or cpw come unbranded or will they have the appropriate network carrier's bloatware?

Soldato
Still getting the message to my hotmail account "Warning, no response, try later"..been getting this all day after the account dissappeared from my inboxes..anyone any idea as to whats going on?

Soldato
Still getting the message to my hotmail account "Warning, no response, try later"..been getting this all day after the account dissappeared from my inboxes..anyone any idea as to whats going on?

What server settings are you using (pop3, exchange etc)? Also, is it the same via WiFI as well as over the cell. network?

Soldato
Far as I can tell it was ticked for set as premium (pop/ IMAP), sending the email as default, O2, no WiFi, as i realised this when I got to work, edge indoor, 3G outside, working on neither.

Thing is as said, setup and working 100% yesterday. Now the entire account is gone.

Soldato
Far as I can tell it was ticked for set as premium (pop/ IMAP), sending the email as default, O2, no WiFi, as i realised this when I got to work, edge indoor, 3G outside, working on neither.

Thing is as said, setup and working 100% yesterday. Now the entire account is gone.

You could try setting it up as an exchange (push) server, using m.hotmail.com as the server name, along with your sign in username/password.

Associate
Having had the LG x2, I can say that the battery life is much better on the SGsII – I was a bit worried that it might be similar and this might be the ‘new trend’ for dual core devices. But this is not the case and I would put the battery life of the SGsII on par with the iPhone4 at this time. (Which is fantastic considering the technology leap of the Samsung)

Associate
Having had the LG x2, I can say that the battery life is much better on the SGsII – I was a bit worried that it might be similar and this might be the ‘new trend’ for dual core devices. But this is not the case and I would put the battery life of the SGsII on par with the iPhone4 at this time. (Which is fantastic considering the technology leap of the Samsung)

Same, i also came from a LG X2 and left due to terrible battery life. SGS2 is definately comparable to my IPhone 4 battery life. Very please i decided to go for this just wished i had saved myself some time and not bothered with the X2 even though its always nice to try other toys :)

Back
Top Bottom