Doctor Who

Associate
Problem with that is people posting their plot theories in such a convincing way that it looks like they have inside info. This post for example.

yes i like to say what ive posted is pure speculation , ive read no other spoiler and would have posted it as spoiler if i knew for sure it was a spoiler.

Caporegime
Suranne Jones could've got her boobs out and masturbated herself in to oblivion and it still wouldn't have been nearly enough to save that episode.

Really hope next weeks episode recaptures my imagination because Doctor Who has been one of the highlights of my week since I was a child but this series is testing me :(

Soldato
I think that the TARDIS is giving both false and positive scans of Amy's pregnancy due to an issue with events in time. In short, I think Amy's child was born in a paradox.

If that's true, then by repairing the paradox they can prevent the child from being born and from killing the Doctor. Hence saving the doctor without medaling unfairly with events in time.

Soldato
Thought that was a great episode loving the tardis :p next weeks episode looks interesting.

Was hoping there would be some subtle references to the Amy pregnancy thing thrown in there, but i didnt pick up any if there was.

Associate
I really enjoyed that. Much much more entertaining than last weeks.

Adventure on a Pirate Ship, a scenario that has been done to death, or the Tardis going outside of the Universe...

the latter was always going to be the better episode.

I enjoyed the performance of Suranne Jones, highlight of the episode imo, i hope this isn't the last time we see 'her'.

Nice to see the old control room.

The ending was a bit of an anti climax but it made sense.

Soldato
I watched it tonight, and have watched it a few times before recently, but I just can't get it. I don't ever understand what's going on, it's like the plot is made up as it goes along! I think I must be missing something as a lot of people enjoy it, but it's just not for me it seems. I like a lot of sci fi and I tried, but I really struggle with this.

Associate
Doctor Who will always be more wacky and fantasy than it is scientific and sci fi. I'd say the closest comparison would be Warehouse 13, rather than more routine shows like Star Trek and Stargate.

While i don't think Doctor Who is up there with the best sci fi shows, it does make a nice change to the routine and methodical nature of some shows. It focuses more on the adventure than it does the explanation.

I think if anyone goes into something like Doctor Who with the expectation that everything will be explained in absolute detail, with everything laid out for you in a neat line, will be dissapointed. That being said, now that Moffat is in charge it is getting out of the realm of complete stupidity that rtd pushes it into.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom