** The Official WWDC 2011 Thread **

Soldato
Based on history we should be getting a new iphone ;) but rumour has it we aint... Its the only logical way they can get increased revenue. Make the old incompatible so everyone has to upgrade. It does make sense as well with many 3GS owners reporting a slower service with iOS4... By giving them iOS5 it would only make the devices slower (unless the ommit certain features).

Also...

Hopefully we will get iWork11 :D

Associate
I hope that the basic iOS UI elements are refreshed a bit, most of them haven't changed since 2007 when the first iPhone came out, but if they dont I can put up with that.

What they really need to change is the iOS notifications system, and app/iOS update system. App updates should come in patches, not full blown downloads. It's not so bad for apps under 20mb, but anything more than that should have the ability to patch as it's mostly going to be data files which should be able to be patched in pretty easily. As for notifications, if they added a decent system for it then I would no longer have a reason to jailbreak.

From a developer POV I hope they add garbage collection into objective-c (i know it's in OSX already, but i want it in iOS) and also scene kit that appeared in lion beta builds that allow for easy 3d rendering.

Associate
Based on history we should be getting a new iphone ;) but rumour has it we aint... Its the only logical way they can get increased revenue. Make the old incompatible so everyone has to upgrade. It does make sense as well with many 3GS owners reporting a slower service with iOS4... By giving them iOS5 it would only make the devices slower (unless the ommit certain features).

Also...

Hopefully we will get iWork11 :D

As a 3G user Apple will happily dish out a poor update in order to help convince you that it's time to upgrade.

Associate
We could still see a "One more thing...". I hope for a new phone announcement, but I'm not expecting one... :(

Soldato
Nearly all the tech blogs today are saying that iOS 5 will have Twitter support baked in, so that photos can be uploaded straight from the phone to your feed. Presumably Apple will also assist with providing a service for this rather than yfrog or those other short-url pic upload places w/Twitter support.

Soldato
Nearly all the tech blogs today are saying that iOS 5 will have Twitter support baked in, so that photos can be uploaded straight from the phone to your feed. Presumably Apple will also assist with providing a service for this rather than yfrog or those other short-url pic upload places w/Twitter support.

Just what we need, twitter spammed with random images no one cares about :p

Soldato
Photobucket is blocked for me (t-mobile), need to call them and turn the filter off, just been too lazy to do it :p so guess it wont work for me.

Soldato
Twitter has apparently announced just improvements to photo implementation. Such as being able to create albums (IE: Facebook) etc.

Probably tied to the Apple thing.

Permabanned

You can already do that though...just by using the Twitter app.

Android also has that exact integration built-in, you can select a picture and hit share, then you get a bunch of options on where to upload/share it to (depending on what you have installed)

It would be nice if Apple allowed more open stuff, for instance on my Nexus I can select an image and upload it directly to Imgur by choosing that from the share menu which is all built in to the OS, instead of having to go to a seperate app in order to do so.

Little things like this make iOS seem so archaic now. But really it's just Apple not allowing stuff to integrate at an OS level. I doubt this'll change. :(

Now come on MacBook Air announcement. :cool:

Associate
I can't see there being a new iPhone, all the other times leading up to the WWDC there have been various spy images etc of the 'new iPhone'

I'm pretty sure that Apple allow some of these to get released in order to create some hype

I'm interested to see what IOS5 has and also if there will be any update to Apple TV as I am close to buying one

Soldato
If anyone is going for the iP5 i'll gladly take the iP4 off their hands ;)

Can't quite see why I should pay £100-150 more for the iP5 atm! [Given what the rumours suggest].

Soldato
...so is Lion going to be released like 4 weeks after this event? I can't recall how it was done at other WWDC's with Leopard & Snow Leopard...

Back
Top Bottom