Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
looking forward to your results. plastidip for my platics is next on my to do list after seeing Gibbo's results on his Porsche at work.
ideally want more indication of how it will look/work on an ST.

Logsi, your white ST should look amazing with black plastics. cant wait to see your results mate :)

should give me a better indication of how my silver st will look with black plastics and black ST500 alloys :cool:
just need a dry day to have a go at getting my stripes off.

Will take some pictures whilst i'm doing it. Hopefully they'll come out nice! Just sick of the horrible grey that they are as standard and seems like plastidip is probably the hardy solution I'm looking for!

Naked Silver ST's looks the dogs. I still have a soft spot for them after my Zetec that was moondust silver. The side stripes are easy to take off, took mine off in about an hour and cleaned up with Auto Glym Tar Remover. Just peel them off slowly so they don't rip and they'll come off pretty much in one piece.

Associate
If anyone still interested in heated washer jets, pumaspeed have the genuine ford mist type for only £5.80 Inc. Vat. or £114.70 inc. fitting.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=1044

Just ordered a pair.

Bloody hell, £6 for a pair? That's very cheap for Pumaspeed.

[edit]Just went to order them; Delivery cost: (0.10kg) £10.95

What ffs?! Sod that.

metamorphpwner, did you pay £10 for delivery? help me out ffs

Associate
Never thought i'd see one of these threads on here, nice to see some love for the ST :)

Here's mine had her for 4 years now from new and still love it :D

My only mods thus far are a K&N induction kit and the had my windows tinted, i've got plenty of things planned yet.

Sorry for the gash iPhone pics

img0585fn.jpg

img0586p.jpg

img0587pz.jpg

Soldato
Sukh, where did you get those from or are they just spare?

From a breakers yard, was going to change my pre facelift to facelift but haven't got round to it.

Then did something to my gear box so I have a lip spoiler, rear and front facelift lights just sitting about until I put them on the car on ebay.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
not lucky enough to have a decent breakers around here.
can never find a good source for genuine parts. :(

Associate
Bad news. Spoke to the place where I was going to buy the flexi pipe from. The guy said its going to take upto 6 weeks for it to come because they are made to order. Also he said that they are very bad. They break and not to bother. They are cheap for a reason and that he wont be selling them anymore. He suggested another flexi but I havent found much information about it.

Associate
I dont want a Milltek cause they cost more. I dont see the point in paying more for something, when something else is going to do exactly the same thing. Afterall its only a pipe. It doesnt matter what brand it is as long as it doesnt break.

Soldato
Buy a second hand branded one and you'll get back what you paid should you decide to get a full exhaust system later...going rate for a miltek or mongoose is 60 to 75 quid.

Soldato
Bad news. Spoke to the place where I was going to buy the flexi pipe from. The guy said its going to take upto 6 weeks for it to come because they are made to order. Also he said that they are very bad. They break and not to bother. They are cheap for a reason and that he wont be selling them anymore. He suggested another flexi but I havent found much information about it.

i had a flexi on for 2 years, no issues, and to be fair, 1000s have had them on FiestaSTOC and not had issues...

I dont want a Milltek cause they cost more. I dont see the point in paying more for something, when something else is going to do exactly the same thing. Afterall its only a pipe. It doesnt matter what brand it is as long as it doesnt break.

ah right so you was going to buy a cheap piece of rubbish, but expect it to last forever like a milltek? Great logic? :o Just keep saving IMO and get a 4-1 Manifold.

Soldato
OP

That is like saying "I'll go for this cheap unbranded spanner over a Snap-On spanner, because after all they are just a bit of metal and do the same..."

They don't.......

People pay a higher premium at the fact they are buying from a well known brand/manufacturer what has a lot of experience, especially with Ford.

I am not moaning at you, i just cannot see where you are coming from at all.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
each to their own and all that.
I am of the motto "buy cheap, buy twice" which is usually the case in my line of work
I apply it to everything i consider buying. especially when it comes to cars.

in other news, it was dry for a little bit today.
so the stripes went.

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Soldato
I'm sorry to say it Rich. But i love it more without stripes! Good work! :p What do you think so far? At first i wasn't sure when i did mine but i like it so much more now.

I don't understand about this blue flame flexi...it's like £110 the one i was looking at and the milltek can be had for £130-150...not so different really?

Still hideous weather down here and i'm itching to try this plastidip.

Associate
That is like saying "I'll go for this cheap unbranded spanner over a Snap-On spanner, because after all they are just a bit of metal and do the same..."

Blue Flame isnt a cheap brand. A lot of Focus ST owners have their parts on their cars. It was just cheaper than a Milltek and is going to do the same job. Thats why I didnt want to get a Milltek. Now after finding out that the Fiesta flexi that blue flame makes isnt great I wont be getting one.

Soldato
Seems to be of good quality but then I never fitted it so didn't really get to inspect it properly. It still looks shiny in the engine bay haha.

Can't say if it's made any difference as I went straight from the supercharger/inlet/big bore exhaust to standard exhaust and flexi pipe but coupled with the mountune cais the car certainly feels pretty nippy to me!

Mongoose is a good brand, if you can get that cheaper than the Piper then get that instead.

Back
Top Bottom