** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
11.8 preview drivers were the bonus from AMD in addition to releasing 11.7.

Useless!

They specifically state support for Samsung displayport, but they seem to do nothing better than the 11.5 hotfix drivers did. The ghosting is the same...the issue with auto-engaging the 3D mode is the same.

And is there any dual GPU / crossfire HD3D support? No, of course not.

Very disappointing

Useless? Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays

Or that did nothing at all?

Associate
Useless? Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays

Or that did nothing at all?

That's what I am saying. It was already working with the 11.5 hotfix drivers on Displayport but with more ghosting than any other connection method. So I was assuming that 11.8 was an improvement in some way. It isn't!

Associate
That's what I am saying. It was already working with the 11.5 hotfix drivers on Displayport but with more ghosting than any other connection method. So I was assuming that 11.8 was an improvement in some way. It isn't!

Crap :/ thats realy bad news for the a750 model as it only has dp & hdmi

Associate
Crap :/ thats realy bad news for the a750 model as it only has dp & hdmi

I found a way to get things a bit better with DisplayPort but once again this is nothing to do with the new drivers...just following on a previous posters discovery.

In DP you can set 100 or 120Hz for the desktop. Set it to 100Hz. Then it forces a switch to 120 when in 3D. Doing this makes the 3D auto-detect properly and ghosting is reduced. I still see ghosting in one eye, but its better than the severe ghosting seen otherwise.

I still think the firmware on the 950 is flakey. I think it has issues syncing the glasses correctly and auto-detecting 3D. I am fairly sure the firmware is not user upgradeable. Perhaps the 750 has been delayed to improve the firmware and may end up being the better monitor!

Associate
The ETA for the 750 is now 31/08/11 by the product page. I don't really mind if it is because they are fixing/tweaking stuff.

It is most likely supply issues to Samsung, after the tsunami earlier this year, a lot of the tech needed was washed away

Associate
The 950D looks amazing. I am in the market for a 27inch monitor and have been tempted by the Hazro's available but the 120hz is very appealing. Not too fussed about the 3D aspect but would use it now and then.
To me the 950D seems perfect for my uses and it it must be miles better that my current and rather old 24inch Iiyama.

Associate
Just something more
Only the glasses sold with the screen do not turn on automaticly,the SSG 3700 are powered on automaticly.
bye

how you finding the SG 3700? , as ive read a few reviews about reflections being too bad, and it seems that despite using batteries the SG 3150 (that come with the 950D)or SG 3100 that are used with the samsumg 2011 lcds get the best reviews?

Associate
I originaly wanted the ssg 3300 but maybe a mistake of the seller i received the 3700 for the same price wich look too futurist for me.
The 3700 are quiet good but some people have to use it in a dark atmosphere because the sides of the eyes are not protected from light.For me there's no problem even with light around but i guess it's a matter of person.
The experience felt with the two glasses are for me very comparable and the fact that i can plug the 3700 to usb and also that they 're auto powered on is a plus.
I've just finish Mafia 2 and it was a marvellous experience,really impressive,now i put my hands on battlefield bad company 2 and it's a pleasure too very far of my past experience with acer's screens.
Watch RIO the 3D movie yesterday and it was quiet perfect and amazed my girlfriend.
So if you have any questions i'm here
ciao

Soldato
Did OCUK just put the price up from 599 to 620 ??????
ridiculous price for a TN pannel, and from reports around the web the ghosting/crosstalk is utter disgraceful when in 3d.
and finaly backlight bleeding is terrible on these over priced pieces of junk.

Associate
ridiculous price for a TN pannel, and from reports around the web the ghosting/crosstalk is utter disgraceful when in 3d.

cant comment on thr price other than i didnt even pay £599 for mine:cool:

but I am perfectly happy with my peice of junk - that has no cross talk or ghousting:D

Soldato

Prolly put the price up so they can put it on weekly offer tomorrow. :cool:

Associate

Looks like it. :mad:

Associate

Hmm just about managed to convince myself to get this but then price jumped up! So guess I will be waiting until sept to get this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-165-SA&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

£600 was a little steep so that £20 was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Permabanned
I hope not for image quality, its just the stand and the dvi i think, i wonder how much longer the 750 will be delayed, well i have plenty of other stuff to do whilst i wait.

Associate
I just tried the hack for the Nvidia 3D solution and well, it works.. but it is 100x worse than tridef for this monitor... Epic ghosting for both sides makes it very uncomfortable unless you're standing right next to the object...

So in other words, its not worth the effort to get that working if it is not already... Tridef is better for this monitor.

Associate
fleabay got a few korean dealers, delivery price bit of a rip off but better than customs charges from U-S!! Ordering from reliable sources. (much below than any other uk based comapanies selling 950's)
Decided to stick with amd for price/performance factor, however will be waiting for 7xxx series

Associate
"

I just tried the hack for the Nvidia 3D solution and well, it works.. but it is 100x worse than tridef for this monitor... Epic ghosting for both sides makes it very uncomfortable unless you're standing right next to the object...

So in other words, its not worth the effort to get that working if it is not already... Tridef is better for this monitor.

The hack doesn't work for me as Windows can't find the correct drivers.

Can you tell me what drivers your "Simulated USB HID Receiver device" loads?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom