** Apple Media Event - March 7th **

Soldato
OP
is it going to stream live ?

Phil Schiller has said that it won't be streamed - but it will be available straight after the conference is over... I'll be keeping the OP updated though with the best live blogs. :)

Eurgh, i seriously can't wait.

I don't care for anything else except for the release of 5.01 iOS, if that doesn't happen to fix the battery life, this is getting sold (iphone 4s) straight away!

I wouldn't think that the new update will come with any magical battery time cure... I've had no problems with battery life though - Are you jailbroken? Some apps can affect battery performance.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hmm... guess that proved me wrong :p Guess we'll find out soon :)

The battery problem is actually very mysterious, it isn't clear what is causing it.

The 4S battery life should be very similar to the iPhone 4 though, if it isn't, something is wrong.

Soldato
Yep beta3 helped me out lots but myself and some others reported that it would continually drop 3G connectivity to the point where you could not do anything. I reported it to Apple though :)

Soldato
I read the iPad 3 will be in shops by March 18th

RedmondPie is saying Friday 16th at the moment, which would be very irritating as I have the 12th-15th off work!

Sold my iPad1 64GB WiFi + 3G the other day and planning to replace it with a 32GB WiFi only iPad3. Never ever used the 3G on mine and can just tether to my iPhone if I have the need. Also never used more than 25GB of storage so no point splashing out on the 64GB again.

Can't wait to find out exactly what's happening

Soldato
OP
The battery problem is actually very mysterious, it isn't clear what is causing it.

The 4S battery life should be very similar to the iPhone 4 though, if it isn't, something is wrong.

Hmm yeah - I do remember having a problem with my battery life on the iPhone 4S, but they fixed it (It was the location bug where it would find your location all the time :p)

I read the iPad 3 will be in shops by March 18th

Rumours are suggesting 16th March (Friday) - which sounds about right. There are also rumours that an immediate release will happen (tomorrow), but I would say that it would be unlikely.

My apple-sense tells me pre-orders to start tomorrow or just after the conference tonight, for a full release next Friday (16th March).

Hopefully we'll be able to preorder, unlike the ipad2.

Hopefully! As mentioned, I would imagine it would happen tomorrow morning :)

Soldato
Been waiting for months for this, holding off the iPad2, this and probably an aTV3 if its the same price as the aTV2.

If preorders go live tonight whats the likely ETA based on previous releases - day of release or a few days after?

Soldato
OP
Surely it will only be in the shops in the US by then, few weeks later for us?

Nope, they're usually pretty good with international sales. It should be in shops by March 16th.

so we could see ios 5.1 tonight??? :D

It's possible. But it's more likely that it'll be released mid-week next week, and come with the iPad 3.

Been waiting for months for this, holding off the iPad2, this and probably an aTV3 if its the same price as the aTV2.

If preorders go live tonight whats the likely ETA based on previous releases - day of release or a few days after?

In my experience, they've been on top of their game with deliveries. For iPhones (and my Macbook Pro) I've bought in the past, I've had them arrive on the day of release :)

Back
Top Bottom