** Apple Media Event - March 7th **

Soldato
20120228-jxycep96h4pudws6y59tkwwidu.jpg

Engadget said:
You've heard all the rumors, and now Apple has finally confirmed the details of its next iPad launch event. It will take place on Wednesday March 7th at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco. The company is keeping things suitably vague beyond that, of course, promising only that it has "something you really have to see. And touch." You can be sure we'll be there live to find out exactly what that might be.

What is Rumoured?
  • New iPad Model - It is very likely that we shall see a new iPad model featuring the latest A5X Processor, as well as a much improved screen capable of a resolution of 2048x1536.
  • New Apple TV Model - Rumour has it that a new model of the Apple TV (ATV) will make an appearance, boasting a new dual-core A5X processor to allow for streaming of 1080p content

Where can I watch this Apple Event?
Unless you are a member of the press, sadly it's still out of bounds. It would appear that Apple isn't covering the keynote live, and others are prohibited to do so!

HOWEVER - not all is lost, mac-related websites/blogs around the world are here to give you the latest breaking news via RSS-News Feeds and other "Live Update" blogs.

I will keep an up-to-date list of the sites which will give you "Live Updates" of the event below...

As always, Apple are kind enough to upload the keynote shortly after it's finished. You are often able to stream it from Apple Events or alternatively, you can wait 24 hours after the keynote to download it in high quality straight from your iTunes!

You can now watch the Keynote here!

The keynote starts at 10:00 AM (PT), also known to us brits as 18:00 PM (GMT), on the 7th March 2012! Be there!

Other times are:
07:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern
06:00PM - London
07:00PM - Paris
02:00AM - Tokyo (March 8th)

Thread Last Updated:
  • 7th March 2012 - Added Media Event Video
  • 7th March 2012 - Added Summary
  • 7th March 2012 - Added LTKTV & Twit.TV Live Talk Show Links. Added 9to5Mac Live Blog Link
  • 7th March 2012 - Added Apple Events Link. Added GDGT.com & TheVerge.com Live blog Link. Updated Engadget live blog link.
  • 28th February 2012 - Thread Creation

---

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah yeah yeah the OP is work in progress :p Regardless, it begins 7th March as rumoured! 8 days boy and girls. Time to get excited all over again :D

Soldato
Hope they have a video stream going, I will be looking at written updates but not the same as seeing the keynote. And watching the keynote after is also a bit weird because you know 'the main things'

Come on iPad, I want one back in my hands :p Quite sad how much I've missed using it over the last 2 weeks.

Soldato
OP
This is the first iPad to get me excited. If it's good it will be my dad's bday prezzie!

Me too! I'm quite tempted at this one... Wish they'd hurry up and get the new iMacs out because then I'll transition from Macbook Pro to iMac + iPad combo :D

Hope they have a video stream going, I will be looking at written updates but not the same as seeing the keynote. And watching the keynote after is also a bit weird because you know 'the main things'

Come on iPad, I want one back in my hands :p Quite sad how much I've missed using it over the last 2 weeks.

Yeah with all the iCloud power you'd think they'd be willing to stream it by now... :p Who knows - one day we may be able to watch these media events on an Apple TV :p

Did you get rid of your iPad 2 for this?

Soldato
If there is no software fix for the iPhone 4s's absolutely pathetic battery life then bye bye phone!

What? My 4S battery lasts as long as my 4 and longer than the 3GS before that. I'm guessing you did a backup and restore from a 4? That seems to have caused some people to have battery issues.

of course you could always upgrade to an Android phone if you wanted to experience truly bad battery life... ;)

/Runs.

Soldato
It's so bad and 80% of people suffer from it judging by the forums.

I've done everything imaginable, even changed it instore for another handset to no avail.

Restored from back up, from icloud and set up as new. I'm very dissapointed with the battery life not even really lasting me the day with moderate use. When in use the battery drains like no tomorrow dropping % extremely quickly.

March 7th couldn't come any sooner!

Soldato
Restored from back up, from icloud and set up as new. I'm very dissapointed with the battery life not even really lasting me the day with moderate use. When in use the battery drains like no tomorrow dropping % extremely quickly.

March 7th couldn't come any sooner!

Odd. I deal with quite a few* iPhone 4 & 4S at work and not one has had this problem. I mean sure some drain quickly but it tends to be heavy users with Bluetooth and wifi on.

* more than enough to spot if it was a widespread problem.

Soldato
Yeah with all the iCloud power you'd think they'd be willing to stream it by now... :p Who knows - one day we may be able to watch these media events on an Apple TV :p

Did you get rid of your iPad 2 for this?
They have streamed it before though.. I'm sure they have?

iPad 1 =) It did the job fine, though I felt like price wise it would be good to sell it now and with this new screen I bet it will be so much nicer... as well as better specs for that performance increase. Not the cheapest upgrade though.. Sold mine for £200, will be going for the cheapest WiFi only model as I did last time, then the hunt for a case.. Probably a few weeks before they get released/produced etc =( I dare take it anywhere before that!

Soldato
OP
They have streamed it before though.. I'm sure they have?

iPad 1 =) It did the job fine, though I felt like price wise it would be good to sell it now and with this new screen I bet it will be so much nicer... as well as better specs for that performance increase. Not the cheapest upgrade though.. Sold mine for £200, will be going for the cheapest WiFi only model as I did last time, then the hunt for a case.. Probably a few weeks before they get released/produced etc =( I dare take it anywhere before that!

Yep they streamed it once - I think it was to test the capability of the iCloud. I'm quite surprised they aren't using it to stream. But it could still be announced I guess :p

Ahh nice I bet the iPad 3 is going to be a massive upgrade for you. Assuming it has what the rumours are saying it has, it looks like it's going to be a sweet piece of kit :)

Soldato
Yep they streamed it once - I think it was to test the capability of the iCloud. I'm quite surprised they aren't using it to stream. But it could still be announced I guess :p

Ahh nice I bet the iPad 3 is going to be a massive upgrade for you. Assuming it has what the rumours are saying it has, it looks like it's going to be a sweet piece of kit :)
Yup =) Should be lighter and thinner as well, I know the difference between the 1 & 2 in weight and thickness was a fair bit, though rumours are saying this one will be slightly thicker... Not really bothered as it will still be thinner then my old one. Can't wait. Also interested if they change anything with the Apple TV as I was considering buying one, I have a WDTV Live but never use it; probably because its not on the network. If I could stream something though from my phone to TV, or even from PC to phone using Air Video and then to Apple TV it would be nice. /Research required

Back
Top Bottom