** Apple Media Event - March 7th **

Soldato
Been waiting for months for this, holding off the iPad2, this and probably an aTV3 if its the same price as the aTV2.

If preorders go live tonight whats the likely ETA based on previous releases - day of release or a few days after?

My original iPad was delivered the day before release. I hope it is released next Friday, and I can get one, as the following week i am going onto a 5 day working week, boo I've loved working 4 days for the last 4 years, and will no longer have every Friday off. Shame as it's great for deliveries.

Soldato
OP
Nice, though we really need to call it 16th March then :)

Tomato Tomato :p

My original iPad was delivered the day before release. I hope it is released next Friday, and I can get one, as the following week i am going onto a 5 day working week, boo I've loved working 4 days for the last 4 years, and will no longer have every Friday off. Shame as it's great for deliveries.

Nice! :)

Oh, it's a 'badboy' now is it? ;) :p

Lets not kid ourselves... it's a badboy :p

Soldato
If its any Friday I have no college on Fridays so that be good I I can't preorder.

Looking forward to the keynote, hope there's a live stream. If not oh well.

Soldato
OP
If its any Friday I have no college on Fridays so that be good I I can't preorder.

Looking forward to the keynote, hope there's a live stream. If not oh well.

QuickPwn.com have announced they are streaming the conference live here.

Usually they are bad quality streams though, so I normally boycott them and just read the live blogs...

I have updated the live blog links, as well as add two more to choose from in the OP.

Soldato
The mother in law will be in the US in the next couple of weeks.
Might just wait for her to bring me one back - is there any significant difference between the US and UK version, or is the same same, with a different regional setting applied?

Also, reckon she'd get done for "Muling" a few more over?

Soldato
If you got caught with loads of them, then yes you would have to pay up.

However, Apple usually has a 2 per customer policy on new product launches, so I doubt you could buy loads of them.

Associate
The mother in law will be in the US in the next couple of weeks.
Might just wait for her to bring me one back - is there any significant difference between the US and UK version, or is the same same, with a different regional setting applied?

Also, reckon she'd get done for "Muling" a few more over?

Buy one and dump the box and your unlikely to have any problems even if your stopped by customs. Any more than one and it could get painful. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes if the mother-in-law had to spend several hours with C&E. No point getting greedy.

Soldato
OP
Is there going to be live streaming?
Not a stream from Apple unfortunately...

However, QuickPwn.com have announced they are streaming the conference live here. These streams are usually pretty poor though, so I would have the live blogs on just incase.

Soldato
OP
so long as I can hear what they're saying I'm happy

Yeah shouldn't be too bad for audio - but in the past you lose the feed every so often.

Rubbish, what happened to live streams it seemed to be in for a few conferences.

I believe they've streamed it once (maybe twice) before to test the iCloud servers, but they've stop doing it ever since :( It's definitely a shame though :(

Back
Top Bottom