*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I swear to god time is going backwards...

I wonder how many requests a second Amazon/shopto/game/hmv/play/etc/etc order update screens are getting :)
driving me insane at work, can see at least 3 desks with d3 related wallpapers, 1 of them has a countdown running (I'm sure just to annoy everyone) and internal emails are rather crazy about the game :|

Associate
If I were Blizzard, I would allow the direct download people who have paid £45 for their online copy to get their code a week earlier... Then I would be laughing my head off all the way to the bank as everybody else cancelled their pre-orders and bought online versions.

I guess some outfits do still act in a vaguely honourable fashion and don't always rip their true fans for every cent that they could...

Associate
I got 16-18 off work, didn't bother with the 15th on the assumption that:

1: Amazon are going to be rubbish and i will not get my CE delivery untill the courier turns up sometime on the 15th
2: The servers are going to some kind of broken for atleast some of the 15th and hopefully this will be fixed for the 16th

Though if it gets delivered on the 14th and the servers are stable on the 15th there may not be a lot of productive work produced on the 15th :rolleyes:

Associate
Just had to fire off an email to Game as they cancelled my pre order which I made back in 2010 when it was cheaper than it is now. At leaset I have a backup order elsewhere if nothing comes of it.

Makes me wonder what they're going to do with my order xD. Pre-ordered a game for £4.99, now it's £24.99 :).

ANYWAY, wonder when Amazon will despatch. At least Uni is over now and I can happily sit and wait :3.

Soldato
Hmm, anyone remember how long it would roughly take to finish Diablo II? I'm wondering if I ordered it today and it landed on Saturday would I be able to finish it before Diablo III hopefully lands on Tuesday.

Permabanned
I take it you were in the beta then? ;)

Nope but it's a stupid little signia for a banner. Do not care.

Now if they got a vanity item I might think "aww that sucks I wish I had it" but the majority of these people helped shape diablo3 to what it is today whether they reported bugs or not they were monitored.

So all in all it's not terrible that blizz are thanking their beta testers. It's a nice thing to do.

Associate
Hmm, anyone remember how long it would roughly take to finish Diablo II? I'm wondering if I ordered it today and it landed on Saturday would I be able to finish it before Diablo III hopefully lands on Tuesday.
define finish. I'm sure you could get through normal and nightmare in time following a build guide for a quick progressing build if you spent a lot of time playing

Soldato

I think I did normal in three or four evenings last week? But I know the game, and picked an easy build.

If you hit it hard starting today, I don't think you'd struggle to finish normal.

I take it you were in the beta then? ;)

I wasn't and couldn't care less. If everyone that was in the closed beta uses it to show off, they won't be special at all. If I did care I'd rather sport one unlocked from completing some hard achievement in the game.

Collectors edition wings is where it's at anyway. :p

Soldato
Anyone have any experience of pre-ordering with Gamestop? Just wondering if I'm actually likely to get it at release especially now that Game cancelled my 4 year old pre-order for apparently no reason.

Permabanned
I'd go with shopto Wyrdo. It's your safest bet IMO.

I am just laughing my ass off over at the official Diablo forums. People are going nuts over that beta signia XD

The wings from CE are going to be so much rarer especially in a few months time. In sc2 you never see the CE Thor anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone have any experience of pre-ordering with Gamestop? Just wondering if I'm actually likely to get it at release especially now that Game cancelled my 4 year old pre-order for apparently no reason.

I actually emailed them today as I was concerned a bought my CE arriving in time having never used them before.

We Guarantee all express delivery orders to be delivered for the day of release. We will also move mountains to have the standard delivery orders delivered for the day of release. If it does not arrive on time we will refund you for the postage. Rest assured though we have not had any problems so far.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a lovely day!

They certainly sound confident enough. :o

Soldato
I am a complete Diablo noob but I keep hearing about this game via various sources. I have barely played an MMO or anything before but quite fancy getting stuck into a new game.
Can someone explain to me why I should be excited about it? What is the gameplay about? what does it offer? How does it work mostly, I have played a little bit of WoW and I don't really get the PVP stuff etc.. Like I say I am a complete novice to MMO's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom