Playstation 4 being announced February 20th?

Soldato
If its announcing a new console I would expect to see some tech demos of the console at least. Would be a bit pointless showing us a lump of plastic.

As I said above, I doubt we'll see gameplay and I dont think it was expected. Thats all I was getting at, Didnt realise what I said would turn into such a big debate lol, I was only half concentrating when I wrote it. Downside to being able to post from a phone :p

I simply meant, its a console unveiling, no one is expecting trailers, nevermind gameplay! Should probably have just wrote that first time :o

Last edited:
Soldato
They could confirm the specs, price, network, etc. which I care a lot more about than some tech demos.

They could do all that with a press release without any need to gather tons of gaming press, I imagine they will get hands on with the console and play some tech demo's as this will make much better press for Sony, gamers want to see games I would think and not a spreadsheet of tech generally ;)

Soldato
Obviously, but outside of "This is a PS4, we're releasing it"

We dont know whats coming, and dont know what to expect.

It could be a spreadsheet, It could be a hands on. It could be a Vita 3D.

I'd like to see a bunch of trailers, and a console spec. So fingers crossed for those, anything more... Bonus! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I suppose it could be something other than the PS4, which would be pretty funny I guess.

But if its the PS4 I would expect they show it in action.

Soldato
They will show a FF7 intro tech demo showing the power of the ps4. Only to stir the pot of Final fantasy fans that there might be a FF7 remake only to be told NO GTFO its a tech demo only.

There will be lots of crying.

Associate
They will show a FF7 intro tech demo showing the power of the ps4. Only to stir the pot of Final fantasy fans that there might be a FF7 remake only to be told NO GTFO its a tech demo only.

There will be lots of crying.

Haha that would be funny again. Personally I am wondering if we may see Final Fantasy Versus XIII at all, I am wondering if it did get moved to the PS4. The lighting is supposedly being done with Luminous Studio, which is SE's new next gen engine, it does have the possibility of going to the PS4, maybe. Or it may just come to the PS3 at E3 or not been shown at all again for another year and never be seen again :D

Soldato
I'd like to see some actual games that are coming out (preferably actual footage instead of CGI cinematics), not some tech demos that show off what could be achieved. Not after the FF7 fiasco, don't think my heart could handle something like that again :p Would still mainly want confirmation of spec, price, release date, and the likes though.

Caporegime
Jeff Gerstmann was saying that he wouldn't be surprised if Bungie showed a proper trailer for their new game at the Playstation 4 unveiling. They were invited to the Bungie studios recently to see the new game and he was saying that the presentation felt like there were parts missing that seemed like they had been pulled at the last moment. Personally I think that would be great for Sony, if only because Bungie were such a Microsoft exclusive developer, not to mention how hugely ambitious their new game sounds.

Back
Top Bottom