** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Soldato
I was thinking a feasible spin off that would be guaranteed to draw in the crowds would be Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan prior to Ep1. Neither actor I think has aged beyond making this possible and despite everything else about Episode 1 Liam Neeson has been my favourite Jedi (the midi-chlorians line wasn't his fault!).

Maybe he has a daughter that gets kidnapped by a bounty hunter and sold into sex slavery to the Hutt clan. Then he could make a holocall pointing out that he doesn't know who it is. He doesn't know what they want. If they are looking for ransom, he can tell them he doesn't have any money. But what he does have are a very particular set of skills; skills he has acquired over a very long career as a Jedi. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like the Hutts. If they let his daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for them, he will not pursue them. But if they don't, he will look for them, he will find them, and he will kill them.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking a feasible spin off that would be guaranteed to draw in the crowds would be Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan prior to Ep1. Neither actor I think has aged beyond making this possible and despite everything else about Episode 1 Liam Neeson has been my favourite Jedi (the midi-chlorians line wasn't his fault!).

Maybe he has a daughter that gets kidnapped by a bounty hunter and sold into sex slavery to the Hutt clan. Then he could make a holocall pointing out that he doesn't know who it is. He doesn't know what they want. If they are looking for ransom, he can tell them he doesn't have any money. But what he does have are a very particular set of skills; skills he has acquired over a very long career as a Jedi. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like the Hutts. If they let his daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for them, he will not pursue them. But if they don't, he will look for them, he will find them, and he will kill them.

/me giggles :)

Soldato
I'd rather have a few semi-decent star wars films to watch than none at all to be honest.

I'm hoping for some films set in the history of Star Wars (Old republic era) further down the line - it would just be better to be honest, the KOTOR story was fantastic.

Caporegime
I'd rather have a few semi-decent star wars films to watch than none at all to be honest.

I'm hoping for some films set in the history of Star Wars (Old republic era) further down the line - it would just be better to be honest, the KOTOR story was fantastic.

As a game it was good, revans story would be a dull film. Especially his ending....

Now bane would be a much better prequel, the rule of two is something even casual fans know.

Caporegime
OP
why, if they use them at the age that they are whats the problem ?

Because it will be very difficult to do it without it simply being an 'easter egg' for the fans. I think Star Trek is one of the few films I've seen do it right (but I doubt Star Wars is going to use time travel)

I'm just struggling to imagine good story lines (and yes I'm aware of the books) I'd rather they just made a clean break and wrote some stories in one of the richest universes out there with a new set of actors.

Back
Top Bottom