Assassin's Creed IV- Black Flag

Soldato
I had no difficulties with that mission, one of the waypointed locations didn't contain a keg, but the other 3 had one and they were no more difficult to loot than a chest.

Turns out it was looting the kegs, it just takes 10 seconds!....and there is absolutely no animation to indicate that it is happening, so I was standing there with the button pressed for 10 seconds and he was just standing still! then eventually it changes from 0/4 to 1/4 etc:o

Soldato
In terms of bugs and quirks, this game has far less than AC3. No handholding rubbish that lasts for hours - it just lets you get stuck in thankfully.

I am enjoying the game thus far, being only 15% in. Naval battles are interesting but I can see them getting boring once you have maxxed out the Jackdaw. Combat is still as fiddly as AC3 and results in me mashing the buttons a lot.

My only annoyance comes from the 'stay in range of xyz whilst you listen to them ramble on and on'. These missions were bad enough in AC3 and I had to replay one particular mission last night about 8 times because I was being caught out by the guards.

Soldato
How long does it last?

Trying to get my post count upto 1000 for MM access, or buy a code on the bay, as £40 on steam a tad pricy.

Just completed AC2 - 50hrs over the year!

I'm 31 hours in and I think probably over 2/3 of the way through the story. That's with me doing a fair amount of sidequests but still less than half. I'm currently at 64% sync.

My only annoyance comes from the 'stay in range of xyz whilst you listen to them ramble on and on'. These missions were bad enough in AC3 and I had to replay one particular mission last night about 8 times because I was being caught out by the guards.

Darts are your friend, assuming you have them. You can even craft them mid mission if you run out with the bones you get from skinning.

Soldato
I'm 31 hours in and I think probably over 2/3 of the way through the story.
Any idea what is going on?:p

I have had great fun today, as I have been just sailing, fighting etc, and doing some stuff as it comes up, like warehouses and the Templar Hunt missions(best bits if the game imo). I did one mission, but it was just a load of confusing talk, and then I do something that doesn't make much sense. Someone tells Edward to kill some guy, for some reason, the cutscene ends with Edward extending his hidden blade, then the mission starts, and I have to follow some guy who wasn't even mentioned!...oh, and then I skulk around in some bushes until Ubisoft tell me I have done something they don't like

Last edited:
Soldato
So I am marooned in a desert island with another guy after my ship has been stolen. How am I going to get off of here I wonder???... Well, the game tells me I have to kill the other guy(after a poor chase, not Charles Lee poor, but poor). So I kill him, then a ship appears, and a cutscene suddenly plays where am sitting at a bar, with my freinds, and my ship has been reclaimed, and the game just continues as it was!... All I get is a throwaway line something like "so you stole that ship to escape then, and then we got your ship back"

You couldn't make up how poorly the narrative is just thrown together in this game!

I have just done the mission in Africa to assassinate two people.... And I loved every second of it! Why? Because there were no restrictions on how I did it! I was given two people to kill, a load of guards patrolling them, and I could do what I wanted... I got spotted a few times, I ran away, or fought. I didn't have to eavesdrop on people within a certain zone without being spotted. It was by far the best part of the game so far, because there were no pointless restrictions.... THIS is Assassin's Creed as it's meant to be!

Last edited:
Soldato
So I am marooned in a desert island with another guy after my ship has been stolen. How am I going to get off of here I wonder???... Well, the game tells me I have to kill the other guy(after a poor chase, not Charles Lee poor, but poor). So I kill him, then a ship appears, and a cutscene suddenly plays where am sitting at a bar, with my freinds, and my ship has been reclaimed, and the game just continues as it was!... All I get is a throwaway line something like "so you stole that ship to escape then, and then we got your ship back"

You couldn't make up how poorly the narrative is just thrown together in this game!

I have just done the mission in Africa to assassinate two people.... And I loved every second of it! Why? Because there were no restrictions on how I did it! I was given two people to kill, a load of guards patrolling them, and I could do what I wanted... I got spotted a few times, I ran away, or fought. I didn't have to eavesdrop on people within a certain zone without being spotted. It was by far the best part of the game so far, because there were no pointless restrictions.... THIS is Assassin's Creed as it's meant to be!

i begining to hate to trail xyz missions with passion, follow him get spotted restart over again and again and again. i am about 50% through there doesn't seem to be any real direction and end up doing missions that dont really make sense.

Soldato
Can someone please tell me where you are supposed to get Wine and Tobacco Leaf, so I can do the Kenway fleet missions. I have a full fleet but because I can`t find these items, I can`t do any of them. I am, at present, at 50% synced, done the Templar keys, got 80% of Jackdaw upgrades, just a few elite plans to find. Done all the locations on the bottom half of the map and I am now working my way through the top half.
One thing I have noticed, is one of the Treasure map coordinates is wrong (335,469), it should be 335,480 .
I have found some aspects of this game very enjoyable, but overall the main game is a bit dire. Fight sequences onboard ships are atrocious. You press the space button to break an attack and instead of being able to follow through, you end up going in the opposite direction.
Seems to me Ubisoft should have spent more time on the story, dialogue and game play. Out of all the AC games I have played, this is the worst for game play. To many times I have tried to climb something, only to find I need to move slight to the side, otherwise you just seem to be in a jump stutter.

Associate
i begining to hate to trail xyz missions with passion, follow him get spotted restart over again and again and again. i am about 50% through there doesn't seem to be any real direction and end up doing missions that dont really make sense.

Had these type of missions in AC2, so probably a staple to the series. Haven't got AC4, but in AC2 if you got within 10m, it would moan - sweet spot was 13-14m. 15m and it would moan too.

Associate
Can someone please tell me where you are supposed to get Wine and Tobacco Leaf, so I can do the Kenway fleet missions. I have a full fleet but because I can`t find these items, I can`t do any of them. I am, at present, at 50% synced, done the Templar keys, got 80% of Jackdaw upgrades, just a few elite plans to find. Done all the locations on the bottom half of the map and I am now working my way through the top half.

You get these from the fleet battles. Trade routes which are not safe also have a secure route option, select that and when you win you get the items you need for the trade missions

Soldato
Had these type of missions in AC2, so probably a staple to the series. Haven't got AC4, but in AC2 if you got within 10m, it would moan - sweet spot was 13-14m. 15m and it would moan too.

They are slightly different...the following missions aren't so bad, in fact I have enjoyed some of them. All you have to do is keep them in sight and not bring too much attention on to yourself. It is the eavesdropping ones that are really appalling, as you have to stay within a certain range without being spotted, and more often than not, there is only one way to do it.

Soldato
You get these from the fleet battles. Trade routes which are not safe also have a secure route option, select that and when you win you get the items you need for the trade missions

Thank you mate, will give that a go later. Although when I enter the missions, I have not seen any means to acquire this. But will take another look.

Soldato
I'm away from my home PC atm, so just opened up the Android App, and I had about 20k worth of missions come in! Gonna set a few more off and should have tons more when I get to play it!

Really liking the app. Usually this kind of thing is really badly done, but I think it is just right for this.

Well, I'm still having fun with it. I like the way you can play the "Kenway's Fleet" sub game on the companion app for Ipad etc.

BTW, thank you for mentioning this earlier, as I would not have known about it otherwise!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom