***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
Tweet is missing a comma... #justsaying

Loving it so far now that I am used to the controls/bugs etc. M4+Fireman's Axe = win

I did transfuse the wrong blood from a TFU member and I died... but at least we know how to do it now

For those interested - and apologies if it has been posted

1. Make sure you use a Blood Test Kit - one use only. Test yourself, so you know your bloody type, and test everyone else. Although some blood types work with others, I would suggest sticking to the same type

2. To obtain blood, equip a Blood Bag in your numbered inventory - bottom - and go up to someone who has the same blood type. Scroll to "Take blood"

3. Once done, this drops to the ground. Bug? Pick it up and combine with an IV Starter kit by dragging the latter onto the filled Blood Bag.

4. Drop this and give it to a friend

5. He/She then equips it into the numbered inventory and scrolls on you to "Give Blood Transfusion" (or something like that). You get the blood

Not sure about
A. If your blood type changes when you die or even log back in. Hopefully not
B. If they are clever enough to use the actual real-world blood combinations
C. If blood AIDS passes across during transfusions, i.e. if they're sick, you get sick

Good luck

Gonna buy this tonight.

Not read much into the standalone, but is the map exactly the same as the Mod? Or is there a lot of new stuff, watched a few streams last night and it looks amazing.

Lots of new areas and all buildings are enterable

Soldato
Yeah, if you're sick and give somebody a transfusion, you'll make them ill too. Not sure about AIDS though, only person I've met in DayZ with that is Witcher and he's not smart enough to operate a blood kit so I think people are safe.

Soldato
lol wut? Dayz AIDS?! :p or ZAIDS? I know you can get a cold and need antibiotics but is there actually aids too?

#probablyastupidquestionbutaskingitanywaybecause****you

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, if you're sick and give somebody a transfusion, you'll make them ill too. Not sure about AIDS though, only person I've met in DayZ with that is Witcher and he's not smart enough to operate a blood kit so I think people are safe.

Havent played SA with him yet but through past experiences, I can confirm this to be 100% factually correct.

Soldato
Just posted an Idea on the Dayz Forum

Reading Sign's
I dont read Russian written very well :D not one single bit. I just had a little idea, what if you were to click on a sign and your ingame character would speak it out?

Please make this happen :D

Soldato
lol wut? Dayz AIDS?! :p or ZAIDS? I know you can get a cold and need antibiotics but is there actually aids too?

#probablyastupidquestionbutaskingitanywaybecause****you

AIDS was simply an all-emcompassing term for disease haha. Maybe not very PC

ZAIDS is the one I am now using! I am also copyrighting it

Soldato
Havent played SA with him yet but through past experiences, I can confirm this to be 100% factually correct.

Cant forget that he's so old he leaks dust when shot, so he can't spread it that way neither! If anyone in Cherno was the perfect person to catch AIDS it was him, we're quite lucky really.

BTW are you getting a SA server when they are available? :)

Caporegime
Its probably less buggy but not by much really.

Also BF4 is way less buggy than it so ignore what Dg said.

i meant that bf4 is a bad game and buggy where as this will be probably one of the biggest games for next year or two years and is about same at moment bug wise. difference is this will probably get fixed where as bf4 will just either die or get worse.

if you have 20 quid to play a fun game this is the game to buy.

Soldato
Cant forget that he's so old he leaks dust when shot, so he can't spread it that way neither! If anyone in Cherno was the perfect person to catch AIDS it was him, we're quite lucky really.

BTW are you getting a SA server when they are available? :)

Yeah mate but unless they become extremely cheap we're not going for a public, uncontrollable hive. That lesson was learned by players in the mod.

Soldato
Yeah mate but unless they become extremely cheap we're not going for a public, uncontrollable hive. That lesson was learned by players in the mod.

How come? You always got the donations required didn't you, or do you mean the kind of plonkers that infect the server with their idiocy? Stoner clan comes to mind! :D

Soldato
Hah that shows your age on CPC with mentioning stoned clan, they never came back and left without a trace. They kept bugging me to put up the video of them crashing a c130 into the admin event (and missing) but I never got chance to and then had to format :( I wonder if it was this reason. Who knows.

Right now in SA you cant even kick or ban.. there are already cheats out for it and they did a database wipe due to people being able to spawn stuff in!

Without the ability to help players with glaring bugs, which we will have for at least a year as Rocket said it'll be a year before beta and who knows when the final game is out... there is no dedicated customer service team to deal with issues, its left down to private server hosts. It will just destroy the game for everyone eventually.

They'll never provide a CS team for the public hives, they don't generate any money after the sale so unless they add in microtransactions or a monthly fee, public servers will be an unadmined glitch fest. Even the community ones won't be able to have admin tools. Look at any big well supported MMO to see the infrastructure they require to keep players happy. We try and emulate that now at CPC with our report issue feature so that all the admins can assist with issues but as a volunteer staffed community with no way to pay admins it can be ropey so its good we have the brilliant admins we do have.

I wrote a post on CPC about the abuse admins get for trying to help but part of it contained statistics as tbh the self entitlement people were showing us here and on other community forums I read was grating on me.

http://www.cpc-gaming.eu/forum/m/12...t-time-there-was-more-respect-for-admins-here

Heres the statistics bit:

ToejaM said:
We set up the report function above around the middle of September 2013. Since then, we have 25 pages of reports. On each page there are 12 reports. These reports range from whitelisting through moderator applications to actual reports but these are all issues requiring our attention.

25 x 12 = 300.

We also have a server issues forum that has 160 issues inside of.

300+160 = 460.

Now consider this, if each report took one minute to solve that would be 460 minutes. There are 60 minutes in an hour so:

460 / 60 = 7.6hours or just over 7hours 30minutes.

If each issue took on average 60minutes to solve, thats 19 days of admin work.
If each issue took on average 30minutes to solve, thats 9 days of admin work
if each issue took just 10 minutes to solve, thats almost 4 days.

This isn't working days, this isn't daytime between sunrise and sun set. This is a continous 19 / 9 / 4 days work that has been put in by the admins and these are only issues recorded on the website.

I would easily put money on there being an equal amount of not much more issues solved by admins ingame.

Have you ever submitted a report before or even thought about what you need to say in one? It probably took you longer than a minute to think of what you need to say, let alone submit that report. I would think on average it takes at least an hour to solve every issue we've had. Some are much faster, some a lot longer. Recently we had an issue that took 4 hours of admin work to solve, for one issue!

Perhaps we take longer over issues because we want to be accurate and fair, for the benefit of you and and the server but we feel that its best done slowly and correctly than fast and wrong.

I wrote it on the 28th November, its now the 19th December and we have 34 pages of issues that have needed to be solved. Almost 120 issues since then have happened. Those stats above are only since September, we've been going since april so if we average 120 issues a month at the very least we're looking at 960 issues (again, not including the issues solved immediately on the server and dealing with skiddies)

So for anyone who protests for no admin tools, no private hives and no admins interfering, you need to remember that without these people (yes there are kids and idiots that ruin it) the game will just die in its current state and unless the devs can 100% lock down every single bug its not acceptable for a game where you put 100's of hours into your character and experience to lose it to a stupid bug without the ability to have it returned. As well as all the scumbags that like to use scripts and such and even if they're using VAC (which is terrible and always has been) and even if they lock down all remote script execution, there is NOTHING stopping people using .dll hooks for ESP and aimbotting, not one game has successfully wiped this out, even with third party antihacks.

but Rocket said they are going to allow it but they're working on the security of it, I hope that doesn't mean preventing us from running a private hive and adding admin tools.

From something I read, he's looking to allow private serves to connect to the main database but have its own little instance on there, which I guess is to prevent players being able to spawn stuff in but honestly, what does that matter on a private hive? If the admins are ****, play somewhere else or run your own server.

Really not keen on it if thats the route it takes, absolutely no point in running a server you cannot admin against cheaters and exploiters.

Soldato
Jesus wept seriously? This is starting to smell a little like WarZ. Hopefully Rocket will be able to lock the game down well enough to stop it though, or else private servers is all there will be. You guys on the CPC server did have to spend a stupid amount of time sorting peoples issues out, don't think you even had chance to play the game from what I saw. While that's annoying, DayZ isn't DayZ without the random people all over the place, playing with a small-medium group of players who know one another is less hassle of course but doesn't carry the charm that the mod offers. Nothing like driving down the coast, getting your tires shot out and then having 2 guys in a chopper and 2 on foot come and chase your attacker away. :D

Soldato
There were definitely times that it made me not want to play at all thats for sure but more admin tools alleviated the 'work load' as it was so made it bearable, then more scripts put things into other players hands (namely base maint!)

Agreed but to have the true experience of randomness, it would be nice to be able to server hop (without ghosting being an issue) and if a skiddie kills you or a bug destroys your day, you can get it fixed with some customer service action.

Like I said above.. it needs to be funded and I'm not against a monthly subscription in this case, thats how all good MMOs work best or a microtransaction store. These are genres of games that need it, not FPS shooters that cost £60 to buy and then never support the game again!

Trying to find that thread where he said about hive instancing for private hives I found this:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154777-dayz-hacks-already-happening/

People with godmode on and one shotting BUILDINGS causing them to crush people. Awesome, less than half a week in.

Cannot for the life of me find the post I read about him saying about allocating database instances for private hives.

Caporegime
basically they want the game fair. with how in the mod is it isnt fair ! no arguing, it isnt fair. admin in mod can have 24/7 live player watch spawn anything in.

thats just legit hacks because people run the server. so rockets limiting it. good !

so now the bubbles burst! and they have to play like normal players with no instant dmrs heli on retarst and no or less donations :p you wonder why the tears are falling !

im glad tbh. some will hate me for that but the abuse has kinda ruined the mod and when you see groups making 200-300 pound a month through abuse or exploitation its a joke.

so we have the standalone its a new dayz :cool: a new era ! :) new things to come . big groups will be quaking at how its going to effect there donations with the mod and how its going to die off and not being able to sell anything to people as more come play the standalone.

Back
Top Bottom