What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Caporegime
sGa6Lqt.png

So I am regularly the last one to bed at night, on Sunday evening I went through my routine for bed (turning off lights downstairs/making sure all downstairs doors are locked) and I went to bed, I got to the top of the stairs (and bedroom 3 is the room my youngest sleeps in) however he went to sleep in our room on this night and his door was shut firmly (no open windows or drafts, and the door doesn't have a habit of opening on its own) all the other doors were slightly open as my eldest was asleep in bedroom 2 and my girlfriend and youngest was in bedroom 1. After coming out of the bathroom and going to get my son to put into his bed his bedroom door was now ajar....

Our landing floorboards are very creaky and any movement would have been heard, I was very freaked out by this and hurried him into his room and ran into my room to dive under the duvet and go to sleep.

Soldato
So I am regularly the last one to bed at night, on Sunday evening I went through my routine for bed (turning off lights downstairs/making sure all downstairs doors are locked) and I went to bed, I got to the top of the stairs (and bedroom 3 is the room my youngest sleeps in) however he went to sleep in our room on this night and his door was shut firmly (no open windows or drafts, and the door doesn't have a habit of opening on its own) all the other doors were slightly open as my eldest was asleep in bedroom 2 and my girlfriend and youngest was in bedroom 1. After coming out of the bathroom and going to get my son to put into his bed his bedroom door was now ajar....

Our landing floorboards are very creaky and any movement would have been heard, I was very freaked out by this and hurried him into his room and ran into my room to dive under the duvet and go to sleep.

So manly :p run and leave the child in the haunted room so you can hide under your duvet

Soldato
So you were anally invaded by a ghost....nice. :eek:

The phantom poo strikes again! Delivered with such momentum that it finds it's own way to the sewers...

On topic, when I was about 5-6yrs old, in the middle of night I was awoken by something grabbing my hair and pulling it towards the headboard. Thing was, I had a slatted headboard, and nobody else was in the room.

Next morning my head was sore at the hair roots, but nothing more ever came or happened.

Meanwhile, one of my mates at school, aged around 10-11 at this time lived in a huge Tudor house. Literally no less than 12 bedrooms. He had a beautiful sister who, for some reason started looking really unwell. Turned out that she was always awoken during the night by 'the black hand'.

Obviously, such this was idle imagination material, so me, my mate and several other mates swapped rooms with her during a sleep over. Lo and behold, during the night a shadowy outline of a dark arm appeared at the ensuite door, which was slightly ajar and kinda swung slowly in the room, then disappeared. Didn't see anything else though.

I think some of the scariest stories are the ones where a ghost is on the road and it forces you to brake, swerve or hit them.

Soldato
sGa6Lqt.png

Big girl's blouse, y'are!

Soldato
As it's Halloween bump...

But coincidently last night the wife and I watched the last episode of The Fall in bed on iPayer before going to sleep. About 20 minutes into the show there was a massive bang that sounded like someone kicking a door open. It appeared to come from the back of the house and my instant thought was it was the kitchen door from the garden.

I leapt out of bed and told the wife to turn the TV off so I could listen. Went out onto landing and into the back bedroom and stuck my head out of the window and looked down at the kitchen door. All looked normal.

Switched some lights on and was heading downstairs to look around when my wife shouts, "It's ok it's just a suitcase".

Went back upstairs to the spare room and my wife is relieved saying look it's just a suitcase that has fallen out of the cupboard. The case was a good distance from the cupboard and was standing spookily upright in the middle of the floor on it's wheels.

My wife was cacking it when she thought it was a burglar so I didn't make anything of it, but I thought it was weird. The case way lying down on a shelf at the top of the cupboard so it had to push the door open and then land bolt upright. Never had anything fall out before.

Just realised we were watching "The Fall"...how apt

Last edited:
Soldato
I was installing a wireless access point in a hotel once, standing up a step ladder reaching up to a network cable where the old one had been. The old cable needed a new plug on the end so I got my wire cutters out and snipped the end off the cable.

Literally at the exact same moment as the cutters went through the wire the whole hotel was plunged into complete darkness.

There was a huge power cut and the whole area was down lol

I knew it clearly wasn't caused by me cutting the wire, but the timing was bang on, it was literally like I had just cut through the power to the area....couldn't believe it lol.

Nearly fell off the ******* ladder too lol

Not like creepy or spooky, but pretty crazy timing!

Cheers,

G

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Ran upstairs to answer my phone ringing, picked it up and said hello but all I heard was static, put phone back and noticed its not even plugged into the phone socket.

Packed phone in box and straight in garden shed ever since.

Soldato
creeped myself out once at a hotel.

Was on a works event in Norfolk and usually book a premier inn type place, however the accountant decided that he would find somewhere cheaper and booked us into the bell inn in thetford. (there was 8 guys who worked for me at the time)

Anyhow i did some googling to see what it was like and read loads of people / youtube vids saying its haunted etc.

No idea why but i literally freaked myself out, and after a few beers in the evening i went back to the room and left the light on lol.. I woke up at 3am and sware i could hear funny noises. Come 5am I was in the car and on my way home, when the lads called at 8 told them i had a busy day so couldn't of hung about

so silly creeping myself out but the ghosts got into my mind lol

Last edited:
Soldato
When I was about 15 a friend of mine had a Oast House in Kent, her parents were out for the day and 5 of us decided to have a bit of a party (nothing OTT).

The lounge in the center of the house had the old style "latch" type doors:

oast_zps9qwevuix.png

once closed the only way they could be opened again was somebody to "lift the latch" and open the door. We had closed the 3 doors and we could see the rest of the group out in the garden but we heard the doors bang shut from upstairs.

We sent back downstairs and the doors were wide open, so we shut them again and went back upstairs. Again we could see everybody else in the back garden, there was a huge "bang" again the 3 door were wide open!!

I spent the rest of the day in the garden, wouldn't go back in the house ;)

Back
Top Bottom