*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
Yeh they say the camera is not quite as good as the competition, but it's very good in lowllight and much better than the camera on the s3..personally I'm more of a snap shooter tHan a photographer and I find it absolutely fine for that purpose.

This...when you're on a night out and require fast and reliable pics then the HTC One M8's camera is superb for just that :)

As long as you aren't zooming in on Photo's generally then the camera is actually fine, let's just hope that in next years model they bump those Ultapixels up to at least double!!

Soldato
So I've decided to jump back onto Sense...reason being, well the camera app on GPE is plain awful and taking pictures in low light becomes an absolute lottery due to the focus...or shall I say lack of...due to no use of Flash Autofocus, it's pretty awful.

While it was fun for a while I'm sure I can cope going back to Sense seeing since HTC done such a good job in the first place. Now I just need to get it all sorted so it would appear the phone has not been tampered with :p

Associate
Is there any kind of root app or Sense ROM compatible Xposed module which supports custom navring shortcuts (i.e. the swipe from the bottom Google Now-esque shortcuts)?

Soldato
I've got Cyangonmod nightly 11-20140706 on my phone and I'm having a few odd issues that have been reoccurring.

1. When I put someone on speakerphone they can't hear me speak which is very annoying
2. When playing music through any app sometimes when it goes to the next song it'll just stop playing after about 4 seconds.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Soldato
just got this and love it.... also my first android...

so its taking a bit of tinkering.

is there a way i can lock the screens once i am happy with all my widgets.

they seem to get dragged around by mistake quite a bit?

thx

g

Associate
I've had my One M8 for a couple of months now and have noticed the glass camera lens cover on the back of the phone is cracking up. Little hairline cracks. It's not affecting my photos- yet, but this is worrying me because I love to take photos.

Apparently it's a very common problem on the M8 and after a quick Google search I've tried cleaning the lens with a cotton bud and toothpaste but it didn't work.

Think I'll give Vodafone a ring and try and get a replacement.

Associate
Let me know how you go on please mate. I've phone htc customer support today regarding awful pictures. They asked me if the lens was scratched so seems to be a common fault. They wouldn't replace mine but have offered to repair it. But have said to contact ee to see what they say.

Soldato
just got this and love it.... also my first android...

so its taking a bit of tinkering.

is there a way i can lock the screens once i am happy with all my widgets.

they seem to get dragged around by mistake quite a bit?

thx

g

Think there's an option in settings somewhere that lets you set the amount of milliseconds you have to hold the screen before it's counted as a 'long press' .. Increasing that value should help you avoid moving icons around unintentionally.

EDIT -
Settings - accessibility - Touch&hold delay - change to medium from the default 'short'

Last edited:
Associate
Let me know how you go on please mate. I've phone htc customer support today regarding awful pictures. They asked me if the lens was scratched so seems to be a common fault. They wouldn't replace mine but have offered to repair it. But have said to contact ee to see what they say.

I think I've fixed my scratched lens problem. I sprayed the lens with a little bit of LCD monitor cleaner and then rubbed the lens with the rounded corner of my credit card. Low and behold all the scratches have gone. I've got no idea how that worked but it did. Very strange.

Associate
Back to Android I go, after nearly 2 years with the iPhone 5.

Recycled the iPhone yesterday and should be getting a shiny new HTC one M8 today.

Anything to look out for?, I've used Android before with the SGS2 and Galaxy Nexus so I'm not a total noob when it comes to Android.

Associate
Back to Android I go, after nearly 2 years with the iPhone 5.

Recycled the iPhone yesterday and should be getting a shiny new HTC one M8 today.

Anything to look out for?, I've used Android before with the SGS2 and Galaxy Nexus so I'm not a total noob when it comes to Android.

I recently did the same, but I can't get used to Android and I'm missing my old iPhone 5 and the non customisable IOS.

It would be nice to not only have the choice of phone but also the choice of software installed, a HTC One M8 with IOS! I'd like to give that a try :D

Back
Top Bottom