*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
I'm tempted to get rid of GPE firmware and just go with a custom rom instead. Getting OTA updates is great, but having to re-root afterwards is just annoying.

Associate
Anyone heard when us m8 owners will get the screen mirror ability for chromecast? My app has updated and have seen it's available on the m7, strange not the m8 though.

Permabanned
Has anyone else had problems with the HTC letters on the back of the phone falling off? Over the last 2 days my T and C letters have come off.

Is there anywhere to buy new ones or do I have to go through HTC?

h1nFDtWl.jpg

Associate
Is it true all UK models only have 16GB internal storage? I thought there was a 32GB one. That sucks if so. Is there an international model with 32GB which is compatible with UK 4G bands?

Permabanned
Where did you buy the phone from?

EE in-store, I really don't want to have them send it away for something so minor. They sent my old faulty M8 for repair and it took 3 weeks to get it back.

I'll try and contact HTC direct and see if they can do anything.

Soldato
My Mrs dropped her M8 and now the screen is cracked. It appears to be just the glass front.

Is the glass, part of the lcd screen and not seperate from the LCD? I don't know if the front case contains the glass screen or the lcd/glass is all part of one.

Also, does anyone know where to purchase a new screen whatever cheaply?

Soldato
Ordered this over the S5.. Will I regret my decision or have I made the right call?

I don't think so, it was a close call for me, but the HTC gui is better, the phone feels more premium, and the speakers are actually pretty darn impressive, especially in games... Not a feature I thought I'd care about. I wouldn't swap it for an s5 after a month with the m8.

Soldato
I guess it's because I absolutely loved my S3 until it died on me today :(

Will wait and see once the M8 gets delivered tomorrow but I guess.

Comming from an s3 myself, it's a solid upgrade in every conceivable way. I've used my s3 a couple of times since to dossome file transfer etc, and it feels slow, the screen is unresponsive and the colours on the screen are awful in comparison.

Last edited:
Associate
Great cheers guys I look forward to the delivery tomorrow then :) (Also BuyMobiles are great ordered at 20:50 and getting it tomorrow + £48 cashback through TopCashback)

Soldato
Ok, so having been part of the "black bar brigade" since day one, I finally ventured into a mobile store to have a play...

I love it :|

Feels fricking amazing in the hand, and next to my RAZR HD it is not that much bigger at all. That ominous black bar is not really a problem during use either. In fact, it actually looks kinda cool in person?! My only remaining gripe is the underwhelming camera, but other than that I have changed my tune completely... oh and HTC Sense is a bit minging, but dev edition + GPE ROM should provide a suitable cure to that?

I need this phone immediately :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh they say the camera is not quite as good as the competition, but it's very good in lowllight and much better than the camera on the s3..personally I'm more of a snap shooter tHan a photographer and I find it absolutely fine for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom