What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Woman in Black "2" : Angel of Death

Usual sort of jump-scare horror film. No gore, plenty of loud bangs and quick camera turns to scary face type of jumps. Story wasn't too bad, characters were so-so. Was rated as a 15 but I couldn't really see any reason for the 15, would have been just as suitable rated as a 12 imo. Some of the women in the audience jumped at the various scare points so the film worked for them. Enjoyable enough as a cinema trip, but I probably wouldn't watch it a 2nd time.

6.5/10

Caporegime
Woman in Black "2" : Angel of Death

Usual sort of jump-scare horror film. No gore, plenty of loud bangs and quick camera turns to scary face type of jumps. Story wasn't too bad, characters were so-so. Was rated as a 15 but I couldn't really see any reason for the 15, would have been just as suitable rated as a 12 imo. Some of the women in the audience jumped at the various scare points so the film worked for them. Enjoyable enough as a cinema trip, but I probably wouldn't watch it a 2nd time.

6.5/10

Does 12 really get used anymore? I thought it was just 12A, which is basically a stricter PG.

Soldato
Coherence - 6/10...interesting concept, not very entertaining though
I enjoy this, as you say very interesting concept but did feel that something was missing (although not sure what).

Another Lower budget scifi film I watched recently was 'the signal', enjoyable enough but again something was missing, or more so they could have expanded on it further. 6/10.

Associate
I watched

Dracula Untold 5/10
Thought it was very average, story and characters just felt bleh for the entire film.
The Bourne Ultimatum 7/10
I like the Bourne films not the best of the 4 but not the worst either.

Associate
Divergent 5/10

Started well enough, reasonable back story and interesting futuristic depiction of society. Then the thin and weak main storyline comes through, coupled with a needless Amercian teen romance, resulting in a film that feels slighty confused and underwhelming.

Soldato
The Guvnors

Another take on football violence ,

8/10 but im a fan of the genre .

I was really excited about this but so disappointed in the end result. All the stuff with the main bad guy was excellent and he was genuinely scary, the rest of it was pretty poor.

Also know a guy who played one of the mob at the end, it's mostly polish guys playing the meatheads in that scene.

Soldato
Under the Skin. Much, much stranger than I'd anticipated from the reviews. Quite disappointed really, we nearly turned it off after 30mins because it was so slow. It improved a bit, but meh.

Back
Top Bottom