What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Mr. Right (2015) - 5/10

A quirky action comedy with 2 damaged but likeable leads who have good on-screen chemistry.

Kendrick isn’t that funny with her crazy yet deadpan style but Rockwell is as good as ever as the wacky yet suave psycho.

It’s watchable but feels low budget with an unconventional but weak plot, poor pacing and some sloppy editing.

The limited action, violence and sex makes it all rather tame and whilst the goofy villains fit within the lighter tone, could have been more menacing.

Soldato
Challengers - 3/10

As a story of a "love" triangle it was turgid and un-engaging

As a film about tennis it was badly performed and unbelievable with terrible CGI

Zendaya is watchable but nowhere near enough to save a terrible film.

Soldato
Challengers - 3/10

As a story of a "love" triangle it was turgid and un-engaging

As a film about tennis it was badly performed and unbelievable with terrible CGI

Zendaya is watchable but nowhere near enough to save a terrible film.
I've heard this is a pretty shockingly bad film. Full of unlikable characters.

Will avoid like the plague :p

Caporegime
Furiosa 7.5/10

Now I know it's a great technical film. Direction and cinematography, but it's no where as near as good as it's predecessor.

Hemsworth tries really well but there's just nothing "evil" about him. He's not freakish, he's just a little unhinged. :p border line comedy vibes which may work? But sometimes just make you ...go huh.

Anna Taylor Joy. Yeah I guess she pulled it off, there's some great "in transit" fight scenes, but you've seen it before, so it's a bit.... Deflated.

It's fine, it certainly has it's moments, and the supporting characters are as absolutely bonkers as ever but it's no mad max, it feels like it's treading old ground over and over.

Maybe 8/10..…...
It's a very special marmite genera/universe.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm late to the party, but was flicking through Netflix and saw Bullet Train

So.... What an odd film. Great cast though. Was surprised to learn that in a previous life Tangerine was Kick-Ass. Oh, and why has Sandra Bullock started to look like mid 2000's Michael Jackson? :eek:

6.5/10

Soldato
The Fourth Protocol - 6/10 - A nice little earlier 80's spy thriller with Michael Caine and Pierce Brosnan. The first 2/3's a kind of "cat and mouse" which has the best bits of the film and the finale is a little weak by most standards but its not bad, even with some very odd, like the soft focus, almost erotic scenes of a nuclear bomb being built by Brosnan and his female accomplice.

It'd be interesting to see how a modern film maker would go about remaking this, as the film opens about 4-5 sub-plots but then never seems to go back to them and I think they would be great if investigated a little further.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Reunion - 6.5/10

Murder mystery and Nina Dobrev, enough for me to give this a chance.
The cast probably cost more than the rest of the filming! As it''s a murder mystery/whodunnit it's all set in one place, so quite cheap to film I imagine.

Not the same twists as a Hercule Poirot or Benoit Blanc movie, but it doesn't try to be. Very enjoyable for what it was and what it probably cost to make. I didn't manage to guess the killer :(

rp2000

Soldato
Ferrari - 6/10 Quite good, enjoyed it although it is very slow. Loved seeing the old cars, absolutely brutal accident scene and a level of gore I wasn't expecting. Its only a very small window of his life though, expected more of a biopic. He starts as a struggling race team owner and ends as one.

Caporegime
Beverley Hills Cop 2

I'd never seen these somehow, liked the first but this one felt very average. A lot of the jokes didn't really land and it felt a bit dumber. Third one gets even worse reviews so not even sure if I should bother with that one.

Back
Top Bottom