Samsung LS34E790C - Curved 34" 21:9 super-wide

Associate
Well the other online retailer has amended their ETA to just "available to pre-order" now, having previously shown as today. Although OC still says 16/01/14, I'm not getting a good vibe that OC are going to be able to deliver to this, especially as PCM2 doesn't expect a review sample until Feb.

Body parts crossed again for next Friday! :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
It looks like it's becoming the standard to announce a product release at a certain fixed point and then to not deliver. I'm not sure it always was like that, maybe it does genreate clicks in the internet and this is good for advertising, I just can't figure out any better reason. For sure if I do that at my job I lose it pretty fast.

Last edited:
Associate
Trying to keep a positive attitude and faith in the ETA of tomorrow on my order....

Any official comments from OC staff on expect actions of stock?

Associate
I've posted on the order enquiry forum and been told they are still expected today - and even if delayed should only be a day or so at most...

Associate
ETA is now showing as "Overdue"

I'm taking that as a positive confirmation as per the above that they are just delayed a day or so....

Associate
Good stuff, hope I get a good panel. Was reading some first hand reviews from overclock.net and it seems there were some issues with the backlight and complaints of colours being washed out.

Associate
Good stuff, hope I get a good panel. Was reading some first hand reviews from overclock.net and it seems there were some issues with the backlight and complaints of colours being washed out.

Yeah i seen those reviews.....also 1 guy had pics of a LG 34UM-95 next to the sammy showing that the txt wasnt as sharp as the LG.......which made me buy the Dell ultrasharp u3415w.

Associate
Would this VA panel suffer from such server bleed or ips glow like the lg 97/87 ?, returned 2 and havnt bothered getting another 1, sitting here waiting for a 3440 x 1440 to come around the corner with no bleed ! i can always wish

Associate
Bleeds are possible, IPS glow is ... well, IPS only, but VA has its counter part: off-center gamma/contrast shift which looks like this
AB0W7137-Edit.jpg

FABEemOl.jpg.png
2333t-mountain.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Would this VA panel suffer from such server bleed or ips glow like the lg 97/87 ?, returned 2 and havnt bothered getting another 1, sitting here waiting for a 3440 x 1440 to come around the corner with no bleed ! i can always wish

I just got the Dell U3415W curved 34" jobby yesterday after also having returned x2 LG 34UM-95 with bad bleed....yes the dell has some bleed at the corners but very minimal and nothing like the LG panels so i am very happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom