Samsung LS34E790C - Curved 34" 21:9 super-wide

Associate
My first LG 34uc87 arrived with a crack in it which yeh didnt sit there for long before it was out of the door :) but my replacement i used for 12 days before returning and theres no doubt i am back in the market looking for an ultrawide. i cant go back to 3 screens let along a 27in 1440. 3440 x 1440 is my only way forward, gimme a freesync 3440 x 1440 ips without bleed or ips glow and i will never complain again, not bothered about 144hz atm, thatl be a year or 2 away

My 2nd lg, well it had a small amount of bleed and after 12 days i just couldn't un-see it and playing dark games it became to much of a distraction to make the monitor worth £1000.

20150105_002514.jpg

20150105_004004.jpg

20150105_003023.jpg

and just an ingame image, its fine on bright games like wow but the games up top like metro and outlast is such a distraction

20141231_142624.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Tell me about it, ive had to revert back to my 20" samsung syncmaster p2050 and honestly ive never had an issue with it. I also returned the monitor since news of a freesync version (34um67) was going to come out soon however after finding out its 2560 x 1440 im not sure what to do now ><

Soldato
Tell me about it, ive had to revert back to my 20" samsung syncmaster p2050 and honestly ive never had an issue with it. I also returned the monitor since news of a freesync version (34um67) was going to come out soon however after finding out its 2560 x 1440 im not sure what to do now ><

2560 x 1080 * ;)

Associate
2560 x 1080 * ;)

Ah my apologies, forgot what it was and checked the specs on the overclockersuk page for it and it stated it to be

- Resolution: 2560x1440

I just dont understand why they would make a 34" monitor that resolution when 3440 x 1440 was such a hit

Last edited:
Associate
Just been told that there is a further 3week delay on these, so mid feb before delivery.

Dont know what to do as Samsung direct are considerably more expensive and ive had a bad experience with two LG 34UM95s so not tempted by any of the other 34" 21:9 screens which all have LG IPS panels...:(

Soldato
Would this VA panel suffer from such server bleed or ips glow like the lg 97/87 ?, returned 2 and havnt bothered getting another 1, sitting here waiting for a 3440 x 1440 to come around the corner with no bleed ! i can always wish
VA doesn't suffer from IPS glow, because it's not IPS lol! I do not know if they are less prone to bleed than IPS, but in their favour the blacks are apparently better, at the expense of viewing angles and RGB colour reproduction. Tech is improving all the time though, so I don't think the gap between IPS and VA is as big as it once was, but my preference would still be for IPS for the colours and viewing angles, especially on a very wide screen, but I'm personally waiting for them to hit the 120hz+ range.

Associate
Just been told that there is a further 3week delay on these, so mid feb before delivery.

Dont know what to do as Samsung direct are considerably more expensive and ive had a bad experience with two LG 34UM95s so not tempted by any of the other 34" 21:9 screens which all have LG IPS panels...:(

Well that's a shame. Don't know what to do meself to be honest. Getting pretty impatient, but don't want to deal with ips glow. Might be worth seeing if Samsung will price match.

Associate
Dell U3415W

Which is also out of stock at OC, considerably more expensive on the manufacturers website, has the LG IPS panel, and unfortunatly judging by the OC U3415W thread seems to have just as many problems with IPS Bleed...

So that leaves us back here waiting for the Samsung... :(

Associate
Which is also out of stock at OC, considerably more expensive on the manufacturers website, has the LG IPS panel, and unfortunatly judging by the OC U3415W thread seems to have just as many problems with IPS Bleed...

So that leaves us back here waiting for the Samsung... :(

Mine has minimal bleed that you dont even notice unless your looking for it.....i read the samsung reviews of the washed out colours and blurred txt compared to the LG, i would rather risk having a tiny bit bleed than a blurry not as sharp panel? :eek:

Associate
Mine has minimal bleed that you dont even notice unless your looking for it.....i read the samsung reviews of the washed out colours and blurred txt compared to the LG, i would rather risk having a tiny bit bleed than a blurry not as sharp panel? :eek:

I've read that review too, but at the moment it is just one guy on a forum and there are lots of owners reporting problems with bleed on the Dell, plus I have first hand experience of bad bleed on 2x LG IPS 34UM95s. I game a lot in the dark so I am at he more aware/sensitive to bleed end of the scale.

Really pleased to hear that you are happy with your Dell but its not a model I'm considering at the moment and I don't think I would accept even "minimal bleed" as I would probably be looking for it. In fairness I expect the Dell to be the best of the rest, but for now my hopes are pinned on the VA Samsung.

Associate

I second this. Mine also has negligible bleed and I only saw a tiny amount when I specifically tested for it in a dark room with a purely black screen. See the photo in the thread to see how little I'm talking about as well. It is not noticeable at all in normal use. I also don't have ips glow at all other than the bottom left corner and even then it's just dependent on how close I am to the screen i.e. Only if I have my nose pressed against the screen and peer down and to the left will I see it. Again...it's a non issue. The screen is amazing and I have zero complaints. From everything I've seen of the screen I've seen more positive than negative reports.....especially compared to any other screen with this type of panel.

Associate
I second this. Mine also has negligible bleed and I only saw a tiny amount when I specifically tested for it in a dark room with a purely black screen. See the photo in the thread to see how little I'm talking about as well. It is not noticeable at all in normal use. I also don't have ips glow at all other than the bottom left corner and even then it's just dependent on how close I am to the screen i.e. Only if I have my nose pressed against the screen and peer down and to the left will I see it. Again...it's a non issue. The screen is amazing and I have zero complaints. From everything I've seen of the screen I've seen more positive than negative reports.....especially compared to any other screen with this type of panel.

you cant have any ips glow as its not a ips panel its va:D presuming you are referring to this sammy

Associate
I've read that review too, but at the moment it is just one guy on a forum and there are lots of owners reporting problems with bleed on the Dell, plus I have first hand experience of bad bleed on 2x LG IPS 34UM95s. I game a lot in the dark so I am at he more aware/sensitive to bleed end of the scale.

Really pleased to hear that you are happy with your Dell but its not a model I'm considering at the moment and I don't think I would accept even "minimal bleed" as I would probably be looking for it. In fairness I expect the Dell to be the best of the rest, but for now my hopes are pinned on the VA Samsung.

It was 2 guys btw, but yeah i hear what your saying about the bleed.....for the price of these monitors they should all be 100% perfect. :(

Back
Top Bottom