Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think you could say the same as interesting about all the parties people would vote for. What is your presumption for the background of the labour voters that would make it more interesting to you?

The labour party was Hijacked by the guardian reading , Middle class kids about 15 years ago, whom have taken it upon themselves to protect the "poor" while actually doing the opposite but are oblivious.

I want to know if I'm right. Long gone have the days when it was your council Estate voting for them in the masses.

Soldato
Well if it's illegal, then it's tax evasion, not avoidance, which is not illegal

The framework for discussion has moved on from this sort of soundbite, keep up.

It's no longer just seen as legal/illegal but there is now a moral aspect to financial and tax affairs, as even referenced by Osborne in that article.

'Aggressive Tax Avoidance' though legal within the letter of the law is now viewed as not within the spirit of the law and can still fall foul.

The coalition has pledged to crack down on tax avoidance - which is legal - in the wake of a number of high-profile cases involving celebrities.

Chancellor George Osborne has described "aggressive tax avoidance" as "morally repugnant".

And Labour leader Ed Miliband said on Saturday that he wanted to focus on the issue of tax avoidance.

Soldato
Without being dumb... aren't the pensioner bonds ageist? I can't go and get one because I'm not over 65. So that means National Savings and Investments discriminate by age and offer me a worse rate because I'm younger.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
We haven't touched on this subject, but yesterday the Tory MP for Bracknell said that George Osborne's pensioner bonds were intergenerational theft. I agree with him, I think this chancellor is the most cynical in history.

The reasoning behind them is meant to be because pensioners who rely on savings are those most hit by the constantly low interest rates. Alternatively it is a cynical attempt to buy the pensioner vote that Labour would struggle to argue against without looking mean.

I know which one I reckon it is...

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Without being dumb... aren't the pensioner bonds ageist? I can't go and get one because I'm not over 65. So that means National Savings and Investments discriminate by age and offer me a worse rate because I'm younger.

Financial products may have an exemption? :confused:

Caporegime
The reasoning behind them is meant to be because pensioners who rely on savings are those most hit by the constantly low interest rates. Alternatively it is a cynical attempt to buy the pensioner vote that Labour would struggle to argue against without looking mean.

I know which one I reckon it is...

Just seems like an enormous coincidence that while young people have lost their EMA and seen their tuition fees triple under this government, older people have seen their free bus passes preserved, state pension protected, winter fuel allowance for ex-pats living in Spain is unaffected, and now this.

Permabanned
Just seems like an enormous coincidence that while young people have lost their EMA and seen their tuition fees triple under this government, older people have seen their free bus passes preserved, state pension protected, winter fuel allowance for ex-pats living in Spain is unaffected, and now this.

Yeah, the Tories have bribing the pensioners for the last five years, buying the grey vote. Pensioner bonds only help rich pensioners, massive cuts to adult social care are killing the others

Associate
Yeah, the Tories have bribing the pensioners for the last five years, buying the grey vote. Pensioner bonds only help rich pensioners, massive cuts to adult social care are killing the others

No different to labours client base of immigrants, unemployed, f e c kless and bone idle who have all been treated very well while labour have been in power so they'll never vote for anybody else.

Associate
No different to labours client base of immigrants, unemployed, f e c kless and bone idle who have all been treated very well while labour have been in power so they'll never vote for anybody else.

+1

Labour go after the BME's , Asylum seekers , Immigrants etc.. etc...

Thug
Soldato
My personal preference would be UKIP. Not necessarily due to the policies, but because I think a system like America where you vote red or blue (with a smattering of yellow) is not healthy.

More choice is needed, and politicians need to understand their accountability more. Bringing in another party would shake things up.

Man of Honour

Your main cricitism seems to be that the Tories didn't reverse labour's spending largesse on pensioners...

Man of Honour
OP

+1

Labour go after the BME's , Asylum seekers , Immigrants etc.. etc...

It's nice that you guys can agree on some things after all - your common ground seeming to be that "the party I like least is doing their best to appeal to a group I don't belong to". And to think that some people say that there's no difference between the parties these days... :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom