Coolermaster ATCS case pics

gEd

gEd

Associate
My ATCS 201 (bronze AKA poo brown) is still in service with a good friend of mine.
I bought it back in 2004??, sold it on in 2008 (as a complete PC), got given it back in 2010 and sold it on again ( as complete PC). I expect it to come back to me again one day.

I still have the spare ALU bay covers stored away. Beautiful case.

Soldato
My ATCS 201 (bronze AKA poo brown) is still in service with a good friend of mine.
I bought it back in 2004??, sold it on in 2008 (as a complete PC), got given it back in 2010 and sold it on again ( as complete PC). I expect it to come back to me again one day.

I still have the spare ALU bay covers stored away. Beautiful case.

I'm having a real problem sourcing a pair of these for a mod I'm going to start doing when the atcs 200 turns up. I'm in the throes of trying to source a pair of aluminium ones for the mod I'm going to be doing and its really difficult, if not impossible to get 'em. I'm actually looking at using a pair of Lian Li ones as they appear to be easier to get hold of and modding them to fit. I've got a post in the wanted section of the MM asking for as pair of these but I don't hold out much hope.

Last edited:

gEd

gEd

Associate
I'm having a real problem sourcing a pair of these for a mod I'm going to start doing when the atcs 200 turns up. I'm in the throes of trying to source a pair of aluminium ones for the mod I'm going to be doing and its really difficult, if not impossible to get 'em. I'm actually looking at using a pair of Lian Li ones as they appear to be easier to get hold of and modding them to fit. I've got a post in the wanted section of the MM asking for as pair of these but I don't hold out much hope.

I hope you manage to get hold of some. I intend to hang onto mine as I want to keep the case 100% complete as I expect it to come back to me one day. (and it'll likely be worth a few quid if complete).

Soldato
Right, case turned up around 17:30 this evening. Arrived well packed and exactly what I was expecting so no surprises there, thanks "PinkFloyd" who I got the case from. Now pics will follow later, but I've already taken the thing apart as far as I can without resorting to drilling out rivets, that comes later. Anyway, I've started measuring up and its already obvious that I'm gonna have to make a good few compromises here. Like, if I fit a Corsair H55, there is no way in month of Sundays I'm going to be able to fit another 120mm fan above it, there literally isn't the space available due to the height of the case, in fact I reckon I'd be lucky to fit an 80mm jobbie instead. Thats just one issue. Another is do I move the psu or not? If I do place it at the bottom I effectively lose an exhaust fan ('cos like I said, I can't fit another above the 120mm for the H55) so circumstances dictate I leave where it is. But, if I fit an H55 for the cpu, I don't/shouldn't need another exhaust fan 'cos theres one on that radiator also.

I'll be starting new thread here for anyone thats interested.

Soldato
Right, case turned up around 17:30 this evening. Arrived well packed and exactly what I was expecting so no surprises there, thanks "PinkFloyd" who I got the case from. Now pics will follow later, but I've already taken the thing apart as far as I can without resorting to drilling out rivets, that comes later. Anyway, I've started measuring up and its already obvious that I'm gonna have to make a good few compromises here. Like, if I fit a Corsair H55, there is no way in month of Sundays I'm going to be able to fit another 120mm fan above it, there literally isn't the space available due to the height of the case, in fact I reckon I'd be lucky to fit an 80mm jobbie instead. Thats just one issue. Another is do I move the psu or not? If I do place it at the bottom I effectively lose an exhaust fan ('cos like I said, I can't fit another above the 120mm for the H55) so circumstances dictate I leave where it is. But, if I fit an H55 for the cpu, I don't/shouldn't need another exhaust fan 'cos theres one on that radiator also.

I'll be starting new thread here for anyone thats interested.

Heres what it looks like so far, I think I've ended up removing nearly half of the internal structure, but I've now got (virtually) 3 x 120mm installed,or at least sitting position. Bucket loads to do on it still but its coming together.....I hope.:p

Soldato
Am I missing something, what makes this case so amazing.

I mean, it looked nice and was suitable 10+ years ago...

Well if you mean the standard atcs 200 from 1999 ,for a start you're severely limited in the range of components that you can fit in the case. you're limited with the height of cpu cooler you can fit due to the width of the case and mobo tray position. You're limited in the length of graphics card you can fit due to the front support panels extending top to bottom of the case. You're limited to 80mm fans only so cooling performance is going to be limited.
After all that, theres a lot of people, me included, who reckon that aesthetically these cases were the mutts nuts (and they still are) and the build quality is as good as anything you'll find available today, plus theres not many cases around that have 1/8" thick brushed aluminium front panels. Its a nostalgia thing I suppose.
What I've done is modify one so up to date components can be fitted easily and used, overclocked and all. I've got a 2500K sitting at 4.5ghz, and idling at 27c and running prime at 52c ish in a room thats fairly warm too, in near virtual silence.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Heres the completed case:

CM atcs 200 case
gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
2500K @ 4.5ghz
8gb Kingston ram
Manli 780ti gpu, stock volts core 1200mhz
Asus xonar sound card
Corsair H55
3 x Noise blocker fans with inline voltage reducers
Samsung 1tb h/d