Witcher 3

Soldato
OP
Interrupted me mid game to download the update. 7.3gb ffs. Meant I couldn't play it last night. Haven't had chance to try it since. I miss the days of games just being finished on release.

Soldato
Interrupted me mid game to download the update. 7.3gb ffs. Meant I couldn't play it last night. Haven't had chance to try it since. I miss the days of games just being finished on release.

Yeah I agree but I think it's really just that we have the technology now to improve/fix things with patches. All games had bugs but we just ignored them in the dark ages of gaming because there was no means to fix the issues.

Soldato
Digital Foundry:

"In fact, frame-rates in many areas are noticeably worse on both platforms once the patch is installed. Suffice to say, we weren't expecting that."

"With the new patch installed, the PS4 version doesn't get off lightly either. A route through the bog shows frame-rates lower than our original 1.05 test, where its lock at 20fps holds more consistently as we pass through the boggy thicket. On top of that, even traveling through simple countryside roads (or Novigrad's central city) continues to produce single-frame stutters every few seconds - a rough point we had hoped would be ironed out by now. Overall, little has improved in PS4's bid for a smooth 30fps reading here, and in fact, the tail-end of our Novigrad test shows dips to 25fps as we hit the marketplace - something not seen on the last patch."

Back
Top Bottom